To owners of compound miter saw: sliding or not?

SeaRide

You will be sorry you didn't spend the money and get a slider first. If you're building all that stuff, you'll be cutting some wide boards and that slider comes in very handy. You don't have to go crazy and get one with a laser line. DeWalt makes a great slider for a decent price.

Aw man .. now you 're telling me this. :lmao:

onebdzee

off the shelf
Two story barn size 15' by 20' ???
You mean it's taller than the width?
My mind is trying to picture your barn. let's say first story is 8' tall (or 10' ?) and multiply that by two story .. plus the roof which means more than what.. 20 feet tall? 24 feet tall? did I miss the thread about your barn?

I need more :coffee: because something is not making sense yet. And TGIF!!

I'm thinking that it is a 15' wide by 20' long with a second story

Amazon.com: Hitachi C12FDH 15 Amp 12-Inch Dual Bevel Miter Saw with Laser: Home Improvement

This is the one that I borrow when I have stuff to cut :biggrin:

onebdzee

off the shelf
That's my saw...or close to it.

I love the laser thingy....it's really cool!

btw....I used this saw for 2 days when I cut the molding in my bathroom and didn't have a single drop of blood fall from my body....the 20 yr was a different story(he had an issue with the nail gun :lol:)

Vince

I love the laser thingy....it's really cool!

btw....I used this saw for 2 days when I cut the molding in my bathroom and didn't have a single drop of blood fall from my body....the 20 yr was a different story(he had an issue with the nail gun :lol:)
Alright Suz!! :yay: What part of the anatomy did the 20 yr old put a nail through?

JEB

Build a deck
Redo the basement.
build firewood shed/barn
Rebuilt garage
Picture frames
make boxes for storage (small and large)
maybe build a cabin
make bench
picnic table
build a playhouse
too many to list

For everything but perfect picture frames a skill saw will do.

bcp

In My Opinion
I have deWalt compound Miter 12 inch, non slider, does about everything, for the stuff it wont do, I bought a 10" craftsman table saw. those along with the scroll saw, the circular saw and the Saws All, Im pretty much covered to cut anything.
the Compound miter does have the laser on it and it does come in handy at times.