To the Drivers on Pegg Road

LooseTooth

open loop stable
I turn left from the middle lane every morning. I am always on a motorcycle and get a pretty nice lean in as I pass evryone in the left lane. I've done this by a cop once or twice without incident.

blacklabman

It's as simple as this. If you are in the left-most lane making a left, then you should remain in the left most lane on the road you are turning onto..

And yes! Check the signal lights the next time you go through. In the second lane from the left has an arrow indicating left and another indicating straight.

mkl

Weird, I just drove that way and looked. Didn't see ANY indication that any lane except the far left is a turn lane. It is raining out, but I don't see how I could miss it. And I've driven that road everyday for almost 3 years now.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Someone should stand there for 24 hours and watch the lights. Sounds like they may be operating erratically. :bubble:

willie

Attachments

• blur.gif
    blur.gif
    7.9 KB · Views: 191

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
mkl said:
Weird, I just drove that way and looked. Didn't see ANY indication that any lane except the far left is a turn lane. It is raining out, but I don't see how I could miss it. And I've driven that road everyday for almost 3 years now.
Thank you for verifying that. I really didn't think there was, but I'll make sure tomorrow. I've had a lot of people turn beside me there and always thought it strange they would do that without the indicator you could.

S

Schizo

elaine said:
:tap:

Well, jazz. What say you?

I'm curious too... is there a new marking on the pavement or dual turn lane signs on the traffic pole?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
There is nothing to indicate that the lane in question is both straight and turn left. The positioning of the light itself may be causing the confusion. According to the local sheriff's office, it is NOT supposed to be a left turn lane, but they have been lenient as the light position is confusing. There has been a formal request made to the SHA to clarify the situation.

Trainer

I can not believe the lack of common sense in this town. I guess you morons that think this is okay, also think it would be okay to make a right turn from the center lane. That would be great; no one would have any clue as to where the idiot in the center lane is going. The light is an optical illusion. If you are the first car in the left lane it looks like the light is for you the "left lane" only. From further back on the road it does appear confusing. The bottom line is that it just takes a little bit of common sense, of which obviously "Rocket Scientist" has NONE. For the record, I think it should be allowed to make a left turn from the center lane, especially with the amount of cars that want to make the north bound turn. It just needs to be posted so that everyone understands that there could be a car on your right side making a left turn. This way all the concerned, conscientious and lets not forget “common sense” drivers could enjoy getting through the light not just the selfish ones that think they are to good to wait there turn!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
elaine said:
:tap:

Well, jazz. What say you?
Oops - busy morning.

There are 3 lanes. The left lane is clearly marked on the pavement as turn only. The other two have no markings. There are two signals for the three lanes. The left one, for the left turn lane, has an arrow signal and a sign to the left of the signal that says left turn only. The right signal has a sign to the right of it that says right turn only. I do not see anything indicating the middle lane is a turn lane in any way, shape or form.

This morning, the middle lane was blocked by state highway workers, but I have no idea what they were doing. :shrug:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
jazz lady said:
Oops - busy morning.

There are 3 lanes. The left lane is clearly marked on the pavement as turn only. The other two have no markings. There are two signals for the three lanes. The left one, for the left turn lane, has an arrow signal and a sign to the left of the signal that says left turn only. The right signal has a sign to the right of it that says right turn only. I do not see anything indicating the middle lane is a turn lane in any way, shape or form.

This morning, the middle lane was blocked by state highway workers, but I have no idea what they were doing. :shrug:

Thanks to you and others who have confirmed that I am of sound mind.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
blacklabman said:
Did you know that the left two lanes at the intersection at Rte. 235 are legal for a left turn? Just look at the lights. The far left lane has a left arrow only, whereas the next lane over has a left and straight arrow.

The other day some female was in the far left lane. I was beside her, also wanting to turn left and then into the Navy museum. When the light turned green she came all the way across the road and turned into the entrance for the museum. What a fool! However, I was prepared for such antics. My horn still works just fine.

Wise up people!

If it was me that did this.....I was not the one who needed to Wise Up :lmao:

Trainer

Well in this case, I am attempting to train some people the art of common sense. I also forgot to mention a reply to the biker. I ride a bike also and all I can say to you is I hope they never have to scrap you up off "nice lean" you're getting for two reasons. The first should be obvious. The second is that not only will you and your bike be messed up but you'll get the ticket and your insurance company will have an out for not paying you anything as well as you will not be suing the other driver because YOU ARE IN THE WRONG.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
elaine said:
Thanks to you and others who have confirmed that I am of sound mind.
You're welcome. I didn't think I was losing it, either. I have NO idea what they're looking at if they see THREE lights there. :shrug: