To the jackasses

C

czygvtwkr

It could be worse. She could have the urge to stick her foot in front of a kid wearng heelys in Wal Mart, though I have to admit it's one of one of those evil thoughts that I have but would never actually follow through with

Kids still wear those? Havent seen the little bastards rolling around on them in years.

phobos512

As a sportbiker myself It really annoys me when people go out and act the fool. It gives us all a bad name and it raises my damn insurance.

mamatutu

mama to two
On rice rockets at the 235S/Chancellors run light. I hope all 3 of you are organ donors because that's the only thing you'll be good for if you keep driving that way. There is no need for you to turn 235 into MIR. One of the three kinda stayed back a bit. But the other 2 were head to head all way from that light to the light at the Exploration buildings.

Is that the same as crotch rockets? My daughter's friend was killed a few years ago. He was going way too fast, and someone in a pick up truck was backing out of their driveway, and didn't see him. He died instantly. Why can't someone just use a bike as a mode of transportation instead of for speed? But, it is the same when people race in cars on public roads and put peoples' lives in danger. I often think of that sweet boy who just had bad timing and a brain lapse, and he ended his life. All of my brothers had bikes back in the day, and each had minor accidents; to the horror of my mother. I think motorcycles are cool, but it is, obviously, dangerous to operate them on public roads because the rider is vulnerable, and we know who suffers when their is an accident. I love watching the group cyclists go by, and I give them ample room; and the same for a single rider. There is no difference between race cars or race bike riders. We just need to watch out for them, and give them some space in their stupidity. It is a win/win, if we all live through it. I am not that much in a hurry, and I wish them all God's Speed. In my experience, the majority of cycle riders are more responsible than vehicle drivers. And, furthermore, I think there will be more cyclists on the road in the future, because of the economy and gas prices. This all could be equated to back in the day, when the first Fords came out and were competing with the horse and buggy. Imagine that crap! JMO

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The capabilities of modern sport bikes (crotch rockets) are stunning. Acceleration, cornering and overall speed. For a young guy, it's like sex, probably better because young guys are just learning how to get it on in bed whereas the bike is like the worlds greatest lay; she's ready, willing and able and all you gotta do is pretty much just hop on. The problem is your skill level doesn't even come close to hers and she'll kill you in a heart beat, literally, if you're not up to it. She can still kill you, easy, even if you are.

To that end, a sport bike is not about transportation. They are way uncomfortable and impractical for 'just' transportation from A to B. Their capabilities go far beyond what you can remotely do, legally, in traffic as well as no cargo capacity. Sport bikes are about being young and stunningly stupid.

And loving every second of it.

From a car standpoint, they're not startling. They are dangerous be it them slamming into your pick up truck from out of nowhere or the hassle of accident tie ups as someone comes to put your pieces in a bag and what's left of the bike on a roll back. It is unnerving for most people to be tooling along and, suddenly, get strafed by bikes. The distraction is dangerous to your own driving as well as any reaction you may have, slamming on your brakes, swerving, whatever reaction it is you have when 500 pounds of bike and 150 pounds of moron come screaming by at two or three times your speed.

The services are working on it because young men in uniform are pretty much the worst offenders, especially ones coming home from combat in one piece. The goal is to get guys onto tracks, see what their ride can REALLY do and get them disinterested in doing it on the street, because you can't, nowhere near the joy of letting it really open, really turn, whereas on a track where you're injuries will be far less severe and you won't disturb the population and farm animals so bad.

In the mean time, yeah, hope they signed the card.

:dead:

garyt27

INAFJ
I read an article, I think in AARP, that said more motorcycle fatalities occur on cruisers than sportbikes. The riders are younger and more alert and they don't leave APEHangers all lickered up.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I read an article, I think in AARP, that said more motorcycle fatalities occur on cruisers than sportbikes. The riders are younger and more alert and they don't leave APEHangers all lickered up.

No way! I'd like to see some evidence! :tap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For a young guy, it's like sex, probably better because young guys are just learning how to get it on in bed whereas the bike is like the worlds greatest lay; she's ready, willing and able and all you gotta do is pretty much just hop on. The problem is your skill level doesn't even come close to hers and she'll kill you in a heart beat, literally, if you're not up to it. She can still kill you, easy, even if you are.

:lmao: Great analogy.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Most I've seen on the news around here anyway are HDs.

Huh.

Virtually every wreck I see is a rocket. Plus, you look at them in the parking lot, scrapes everywhere from laying it down. Last week, we're 1 and 1, one rocket, T boned a car, car left turned right in his path, he was going too fast to stop, the other, a harley, guy walked his rear out in the turns, wet pavement, his girlfriend was in front in a car, got to watch him slide up under on coming traffic.

2 KIA.

Huh.

Virtually every wreck I see is a rocket. Plus, you look at them in the parking lot, scrapes everywhere from laying it down. Last week, we're 1 and 1, one rocket, T boned a car, car left turned right in his path, he was going too fast to stop, the other, a harley, guy walked his rear out in the turns, wet pavement, his girlfriend was in front in a car, got to watch him slide up under on coming traffic.

2 KIA.

I haven't seen any. Hope that lasts.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I haven't seen any. Hope that lasts.

I have yet to see a real live wreck. Plenty of after math. The wrecks I see happen, tons of them, are in biker bar parking lots. People just totter over at low speed. Sports bikes, cruisers. It's nearly happened to me several times.

:lol:

SG_Player1974

I say that this is all part of natural selection...

Let the idiots continue to race up and down the streets, run through or turn left on red lights, race up the right turn lanes, etc.

Pretty soon it will just mean LESS idiots on the road :evil:

The only thing I mourn is the loss of the innocent peoples that were doing the RIGHT thing and get caught up in it. That is when it becomes truely SAD.

I have yet to see a real live wreck. Plenty of after math. The wrecks I see happen, tons of them, are in biker bar parking lots. People just totter over at low speed. Sports bikes, cruisers. It's nearly happened to me several times.

:lol:

I wouldn't call those wrecks. Just screw ups. :lol:

I wouldn't call those wrecks. Just screw ups. :lol:

Like when I stopped at the side of my road on the way to work to call home about something. It was dark and the place I stopped and went to put my right foot down was about a bit further down than I could handle. Plop! Then I had to pick the thing up while standing on a dirt and grass slope. Ugh.