Too Many Mikes - RIP

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
vraiblonde said:
If he plays like Yngwie during gigs, no wonder the band is breaking up.
How in the hell do you pronounce that name? Is it said like "Young Wee", or like "You And Gweeeeeeee"? I am at a total loss. :jameo:

BadGirl said:
How in the hell do you pronounce that name? Is it said like "Young Wee", or like "You And Gweeeeeeee"? I am at a total loss. :jameo:
"ing vay" is the way I remember hearing it pronounced.

He was the opening act for Iron Maiden when I saw them at the Cap Center.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
huntr1 said:
Thank you, huntr1, for providing useful and helpful information, unlike the post that mean mainman made. He should be banned for life from this joint.

Hey, Vrai, what can you do to make that happen?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
huntr1 said:
The only reason I know that is because of Larry. Prior to him, I'd never even heard of that guy, let alone any of his "music".

MikeyBash

I gotta hand it to you, yngwie1, you know how to provoke a flame war--Spout a bunch of BS, and if I don't respond to it people might assume it's true. I'm not going to take the bait, except to point out two obvious lies:

First, I was the original bass player for "Too Many Mikes". I was there when we chose the name, I designed the original logo, and I played the first gig. I can understand why you might not remember that one, since you ended the night passed out drunk. Oh, and those 7 months you had another bass player, you never actually played a gig--In the business, that's called a "Garage Band"

Second, until I met you wonderful people, I'd never been let go by a band. Period. Not after a couple of weeks, a couple of months, or a couple of years. You were my first, and that makes you special

The rest of the crap you made up about me is kinda cute, so I'll just leave that alone. My wife got a good laugh out of it.

BTW, your bio on the Too Many Mike's website says this about me (http://www.toomanymikes.com/Meet%20the%20band.htm):
"The day after I got home we had our first practice, and I was all smiles. We had a recipe for Rock and Roll that I had never tasted. All we needed was a bass player. Luckily Burns had found this bass player named [Me]. He had to compete against 4 other guys trying out for the spot. His enthusiasm to play songs that he hadn’t played before was awesome. He also learned about 30 songs in 2 months for us to do our first gig and didn’t complain once. That is dedication"

You'll probably go change that right away, but Google keeps the original version cached at this link:

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:8u4LgDkUp-wJ:www.toomanymikes.com/Meet%2520the%2520band.htm+%22too+many+mikes%22+bash&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us

I've kept a copy myself also, to remind me of all the wonderful times we had together. Why can't we all just get along? ;)

yngwie1 said:
Since you chose this venue to rant and air your dirty laundry, first, you weren't the original bass player, we had someone else for 7 months who had to quit for personal reasons and on good terms.
Second, It was thought that a band was supposed to be a fun environment but you seemed not to understand that when you blew up twice, first time during a gig and then threatening to quit, second time, when you threatened the drummer at practice as you swung your bass around and told him "come on MO @!#$% FU #$%^& lets take it outside", that just didn't seem to be very fun. That added a lot of tension to the mix. So we started to think when is the next time.
Then you set up a meeting to discuss that you wanted to get rid of our new drummer of 2 months. Which we said he was improving and trying his best to be better and that we wanted to give him a chance to better himself and 2 months isn't enough time to decide that.
Then we found out you were looking at other bands. So then we knew you were going quit, which is fine, just let us know so we can plan accordingly, since we have gigs planned.
And we had a lot of patience and spent a lot time with you to teach you one on one ,some of the songs. We showed a lot of patience when you couldn't get some songs down. We put up with the showing up late to practice, problems with your gear, and the leaving the gigs right before the show starts for petty things. (guitar straps,etc) That is not a professional showing.

If you want to think that it was your dancing around on stage then thats fine.
Oh yeah, the whole band DID know the decision contrary to what you think or what was said.

One has to look into himself and think,mmm, why do so many other bands let me go after a couple of weeks?

j0eharley

The funny thing was that the more successful we got, the more these two guys seemed to resent me being in the band. If you ever saw the old Too Many Mikes with me on bass, you can judge for yourself if my playing had anything to do with it--and from the recordings I've seen and heard, it absolutely didn't. I personally think, and others have said this too, that those two didn't like me distracting attention from them on stage. What they wanted was a bass player who stood still in the background and let them be the show. To me, I figure people like to see the whole band perform, not just the two guys who stand in front. But I came to the conclusion that they think the ARE the band, and everyone else is there more or less to make them look good.

Well, if you are so AWESOME, why don't you start your own band and blow these guys out of the water and quit whining about it on here and wasting precious time that could be spent focusing on a bigger and better band!!! Sounds like you got it all figured out. Quit dwelling on the past and be the master of your own destiny. :larry:

j0eharley

MikeyBash said:
I gotta hand it to you, yngwie1, you know how to provoke a flame war--Spout a bunch of BS, and if I don't respond to it people might assume it's true. I'm not going to take the bait, except to point out two obvious lies:

First, I was the original bass player for "Too Many Mikes". I was there when we chose the name, I designed the original logo, and I played the first gig. I can understand why you might not remember that one, since you ended the night passed out drunk. Oh, and those 7 months you had another bass player, you never actually played a gig--In the business, that's called a "Garage Band"

Second, until I met you wonderful people, I'd never been let go by a band. Period. Not after a couple of weeks, a couple of months, or a couple of years. You were my first, and that makes you special

The rest of the crap you made up about me is kinda cute, so I'll just leave that alone. My wife got a good laugh out of it.

BTW, your bio on the Too Many Mike's website says this about me (http://www.toomanymikes.com/Meet%20the%20band.htm):
"The day after I got home we had our first practice, and I was all smiles. We had a recipe for Rock and Roll that I had never tasted. All we needed was a bass player. Luckily Burns had found this bass player named [Me]. He had to compete against 4 other guys trying out for the spot. His enthusiasm to play songs that he hadn’t played before was awesome. He also learned about 30 songs in 2 months for us to do our first gig and didn’t complain once. That is dedication"

You'll probably go change that right away, but Google keeps the original version cached at this link:

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:8u4LgDkUp-wJ:www.toomanymikes.com/Meet%2520the%2520band.htm+%22too+many+mikes%22+bash&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us

I've kept a copy myself also, to remind me of all the wonderful times we had together. Why can't we all just get along? ;)

Ooops, I think you have Yngwie confused with someone else.

Jameo

What?!
j0eharley said:
Well, if you are so AWESOME, why don't you start your own band and blow these guys out of the water and quit whining about it on here and wasting precious time that could be spent focusing on a bigger and better band!!! Sounds like you got it all figured out. Quit dwelling on the past and be the master of your own destiny. :larry:

Yeah, there is a pretty awesome rhythm guitar player on here lookin for a band :whistle:

MikeyBash

j0eharley said:

Point taken, and I'm already doing it. I've got a new band with better musicians and much less drama. We're practicing now, and we should be playing out in a couple of months. I'll post our gigs on the calendar when we get going.

As for dwelling on the past, you're right--it's a waste of time. This all happened a couple of months ago, and I've been keeping quiet about it, but I guess I just had to get it out of my system. From now on, I'll take your advice, thanks!