Tornado Warning

Pandora

Yep, sounds about right. I live in Huntingtown, at the border of Prince Frederick, and it has been downpouring here for about 15 minutes. No thunder/lightening yet and luckily, no tornado.

As soon as the rain started coming down, I started hearing a frog outside our sliding glass door. It hasn't shut up yet and our black lab wants to go outside to find it! :lmao:

I've only had 1 noisy frog since I've lived here, but when I was in Waldorf, good grief those suckers came out in mass and drove my lab nuts. :lmao:

Looks like the worst of it is moving into A.A. County now, just heavy rain and Budd's Creek is getting ready to get hit with some heavier rains soon.

Like Catt said, this thing has a hook on it and still could touch down over that way.

Edit: You know, totally :offtopic: (well sorta), I used to live in the old section of St. Charles (late 80's early 90's) and somebody I ran into said that with all the rain, they have been finding dead rats. Apparently, the old section of St. Charles is infested with RATS. :faint:

Last edited:

Pandora

Oops, it did piece apart as it went through Calvert, now, it looks like heavy rain.

I know one thing, my pool isn't going to hold much more water. It is completely full to tippy top. :faint:

D

dems4me

Its probably good I lost all internet capability and tv :lol: All I knew was tornado warning :lol: No freakn' idea where though :cussing: :lol: Would like to have seen "the hook" though -- I don't suppose anyone saved a pic or anything? :shrug::lol: I saw the after radar but saw red and it fizzle, then more rain wind, thunder and lightening and it was over :lol:

F

FireBuff40

Its probably good I lost all internet capability and tv :lol: All I knew was tornado warning :lol: No freakn' idea where though :cussing: :lol: Would like to have seen "the hook" though -- I don't suppose anyone saved a pic or anything? :shrug::lol: I saw the after radar but saw red and it fizzle, then more rain wind, thunder and lightening and it was over :lol:

that "hook" was heading straight for waldorf, I was scared to death, they were saying it had strong rotation, and I cant really move that well since I had surgery today, so I was like what am I going to do!!!!! :hot:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Rassie is under my feet instead of on the bed. She knows stuff.....I'm gonna be dealing with nervous dog all night, I think.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
that "hook" was heading straight for waldorf, I was scared to death, they were saying it had strong rotation, and I cant really move that well since I had surgery today, so I was like what am I going to do!!!!! :hot:

It didn't look that bad to me...I'm not expert but it just didn't have the intensity look in color, etc. There was a hook, but not "tight." It fell apart almost as quickly as it formed. You could watch it if you "activated" the radar.

D

dems4me

It didn't look that bad to me...I'm not expert but it just didn't have the intensity look in color, etc. There was a hook, but not "tight." It fell apart almost as quickly as it formed. You could watch it if you "activated" the radar.

I missed it all :tantrum: I was looking outside and trying to listen but just heard thunder, the clouds were not NEARLY as scarey as they were on Saturday :lol:

C

CalvertNewbie

Oops, it did piece apart as it went through Calvert, now, it looks like heavy rain.

I know one thing, my pool isn't going to hold much more water. It is completely full to tippy top. :faint:

It's still raining here but it's not too bad out now. Hubby's driving home from Waldorf so I'm glad it calmed down.

I know what you mean about the pool. After the Mother's Day storm, ours was overflowing. Then the Saturday downpour came a couple of days ago, now this. I guess it's better than having to get pool water delivered to fill up the pool or using your hose when you're on a well.

C

CalvertNewbie

I've only had 1 noisy frog since I've lived here, but when I was in Waldorf, good grief those suckers came out in mass and drove my lab nuts. :lmao:

Looks like the worst of it is moving into A.A. County now, just heavy rain and Budd's Creek is getting ready to get hit with some heavier rains soon.

Like Catt said, this thing has a hook on it and still could touch down over that way.

Edit: You know, totally :offtopic: (well sorta), I used to live in the old section of St. Charles (late 80's early 90's) and somebody I ran into said that with all the rain, they have been finding dead rats. Apparently, the old section of St. Charles is infested with RATS. :faint:

:barf: Thank God I haven't seen any rats around here! We've seen a few small mice in the shed a couple of times but no rats.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I missed it all :tantrum: I was looking outside and trying to listen but just heard thunder, the clouds were not NEARLY as scarey as they were on Saturday :lol:

We just had wind and heavy rain...no thunder, no lightning and the center of the storm passed right over us.

What happened to your internet?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Something must be moving in, or Rassie would have gotten out from under my feet by now......I moved her bed into my room. Poor baby.

Tina2001aniT

Something must be moving in, or Rassie would have gotten out from under my feet by now......I moved her bed into my room. Poor baby.

We had the girls in Waldorf at cheer practice when the warning went out. Alot of the girls went into the pit, they made an announcement, any kids without parents there were in the pit, but if you had parents there then it was up to the parents.
Well of course my kiddo has an overwhelming fear of Tornadoes, so that is all she needed, she has already been down once saying she was afraid a Tornado would come in the middle of the night, now she can't sleep :jameo: