Transmission rebuilders

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
Who in Southern MD who you let rebuild your Transmission. I have a 2006 Chevy Express 3500 with the Duramax diesel and 4L85E (RPO code MN8).

I'm not looking for a factory rebuild, I want to upgrade the performance for better towing.

I don't mind dropping the trans myself and taking it somewhere for the rebuild.

bcp

In My Opinion
Who in Southern MD who you let rebuild your Transmission. I have a 2006 Chevy Express 3500 with the Duramax diesel and 4L85E (RPO code MN8).

I'm not looking for a factory rebuild, I want to upgrade the performance for better towing.

Sun Coast Diesel Transmissions - GMC/Chevrolet | Sun Coast Diesel Transmissions

Might as well go for the best if you are planning to upgrade.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!

The Gear Box in Mechanicsville. I have had a few things worked on there and they have always impressed me. The last transmission that they worked over for me was the 46RE in my 2001 Dodge Ram 4x4. At my request they over built the 1500 transmission over the specs of a 48RE (3500 transmission), truck runs great and I no longer am worried about the transmission being a point of failure in my truck! They will take care of you and your vehicle!

Chris0nllyn

The Gear Box in Mechanicsville. I have had a few things worked on there and they have always impressed me. The last transmission that they worked over for me was the 46RE in my 2001 Dodge Ram 4x4. At my request they over built the 1500 transmission over the specs of a 48RE (3500 transmission), truck runs great and I no longer am worried about the transmission being a point of failure in my truck! They will take care of you and your vehicle!

I was going to say the same.

I've has 2 transmissions worked on by them with zeros issues in both.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I had a mechanic who works at the gear box rebuild mine on the side and it was a great savings. If interesed, PM me. The guy removed, rebuilt, reinstalled my 4L60E for 1k. Been running strong ever since.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I had a mechanic who works at the gear box rebuild mine on the side and it was a great savings. If interesed, PM me. The guy removed, rebuilt, reinstalled my 4L60E for 1k. Been running strong ever since.

:killingme

wonder if its the same guy.... if so.... HANDS DOWN... i trust him

he had the task of two of my transmission nightmares.... I will ONLY take my three vehicles to him.. and him only!!!

Its finally great to have someone you can trust.. and will stand behind HIS work :buddies:

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
Update:

I took my van to The Gear Box... I had a pleasant experience using this shop. I had my trans was rebuilt for Heavy Duty/Towing use.

I would avoid AAMCO; they wanted me charge me $1200 to tear down and replace the clutch packs (OEM units). If there was additional damage, then I would be an additional expense; worst case scenario it would of cost me $5500 for them to rebuild with OEM parts with a 1-3 week turn around.

I spent less with The Gear Box and have a stronger than stock transmission and had my van back in 72 hours.

glhs837

Power with Control
Wonder if that place is the same guy I dealt with years ago when I decided to rebuild the first 68 Cougars C4 in my basement? Lived out in Sandgates I think, was working days at a big chain place up in Hugesville? Did side jobs out of his garage. Was very cool with getting me the one part I needed to get the job done.

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
Gearbox did a great job rebuilding my Munice Rock Crusher. It shifts awesome and he also turned me on to a guy who fabbed up some awesome shifter linkage to make my gearbox more indestructible. More than happy with their work. Sean the owner is a really nice guy. He even put a pic of my car on his website.

BigDogT

Contact info

Kingfish,
Sent you a PM..............