Trick or Treat

TPD

the poor dad
We are doing our 2nd annual Trunk-or-Treat in Ridge this year at Ridge Hardware, the American Legion, and the Ridge Fire Department. Still working on a 4th location. It was a huge success last year and many asked us to do it again so my daughter has taken the lead on this. We will post more details as we get closer to Oct 31st.

UglyBear

Just to be safe I got raisins and individually wrapped prunes for the too old teenagers that dont bother to wear a costume.
My buddies and I trick-or-treated through high school and freshman year of college. We would go late, when the kiddies were off the streets. We would all wear trench coats (this was after Columbine, so another layer of scary). When gentle homeowners grumbled that we are too old and not really wearing costumes, we offered to group flash them as “trick”.
Usually the ladies of the house were interested, and the gentlemen just dumped whatever candy and small bills they had to get us to go away from the sparkling eyes of their spouses. Good times, and close to historical reality.
P.S. it backfired only once, at a house hosting boozy adult Halloween party. Some old fart flashed us back. We appreciated the playful repose and gave him candy from our bags. True story.

PeoplesElbow

One way to scare the too old crowd away is rent a gorilla costume. Sit on the porch like you're stuffed, when they get close come to life, they're gone in a flash. True story, fun time.
I was going to dress up like Jason and hide in a pile of leaves with a chainsaw one year but never got around to doing it.

PeoplesElbow

If I thought I could get away with running around GMR without getting shot I'd dress up like Jason and run around. I am built like him and my wardrobe is very similar. Seeing the drunks and crackheads faces would be epic.

TPD

the poor dad
Bump -

Just a reminder of Trunk or Treat this evening in Ridge for the kids from 5pm-7pm or until we run out of candy. 3 locations - Ridge Hardware, American Legion, Ridge Firehouse. Hope to see your kids and/or grandkids in a bit!

TPD

the poor dad
Our 2nd annual Trunk-or-Treat in Ridge was a huge success! We had about 225 kids come down to participate! Thanks to our 7 people and 1 fire department (Webster Field) who brought their "trunks" to the Ridge Hardware location to pass out candy to the kids. I didn't make it to the Legion or Fire House to see how many trunks they had but I think they had more because they have bigger parking lots. Thanks to the community for supporting this - we had people bring candy to us at the hardware store last week to pass out since they couldn't participate. For the most part, we've got a great community in Ridge!

Here are some pics-

Grumpy

Our 2nd annual Trunk-or-Treat in Ridge was a huge success! We had about 225 kids come down to participate! Thanks to our 7 people and 1 fire department (Webster Field) who brought their "trunks" to the Ridge Hardware location to pass out candy to the kids. I didn't make it to the Legion or Fire House to see how many trunks they had but I think they had more because they have bigger parking lots. Thanks to the community for supporting this - we had people bring candy to us at the hardware store last week to pass out since they couldn't participate. For the most part, we've got a great community in Ridge!

Here are some pics-