Truck Needs New Brake Lines

black dog

Free America
I don't have a boat at the moment, but was born and raised in the water. Had my share of small boats, large boats sailboats.... One day I'll get another sail. Still go to the Annapolis in-water show every year just to drool.

Two of my parents live in Arnold on the Magothy and my sfather is a local Annapolis boy,
He's the one who got me hooked on sailing as a kid when I did get to see them.
I moved there in my 20's and really learned to sail from a family friend named Arnie Gay. A few years later I bought a Nelson Merrick Morgan 45 and did a solo circumnavigation. I still have it, it's on the hard up on the Magothy.
I plan on doing it again when my kids education is done. And take a few years this time.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A few years later I bought a Nelson Merrick Morgan 45 and did a solo circumnavigation. I still have it, it's on the hard up on the Magothy.
I plan on doing it again when my kids education is done. And take a few years this time.

Know that boat well. I've given up all but one of my sail boats...a 1962 Rebel 16 that was donated to JFK. Sad part is..he never saw it and never sailed it...but I hang on to it anyway.
I gave my Melges M-20 away about two years ago..man that was a fun boat to race. But I'm too old to race them any more. Gave my Hobie 18 away a couple years before that,,

black dog

Free America
Know that boat well. I've given up all but one of my sail boats...a 1962 Rebel 16 that was donated to JFK. Sad part is..he never saw it and never sailed it...but I hang on to it anyway.
I gave my Melges M-20 away about two years ago..man that was a fun boat to race. But I'm too old to race them any more. Gave my Hobie 18 away a couple years before that,,

Rebel 16.... Wood?
Damn that's so interesting. I bought it when it was only a few years old because it was rigged so a solo could easily sail it. And for a super comfortable boat it has a great rating. The only big problem I really ever have had is a leaky daggerboard.
My brother and I bought a used Prindle 16 long ago,
I Imron'ed the hulls, bought a new tramp and newer sails from Bacon about 5 years ago and my kid sails it.
My sfather put my kid in the summer sailing programs at AYC for 5 or 6 summer's when he was younger.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Rebel 16.... Wood?
Damn that's so interesting. I bought it when it was only a few years old because it was rigged so a solo could easily sail it. And for a super comfortable boat it has a great rating. The only big problem I really ever have had is a leaky daggerboard.
My brother and I bought a used Prindle 16 long ago,
I Imron'ed the hulls, bought a new tramp and newer sails from Bacon about 5 years ago and my kid sails it.
My sfather put my kid in the summer sailing programs at AYC for 5 or 6 summer's when he was younger.
AYC? My grandad was a member for 50 years...

And no..the Rebel 16 was one of the earliest classes that were fiberglass

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
AYC? My grandad was a member for 50 years...

And no..the Rebel 16 was one of the earliest classes that were fiberglass

Small world...
Yes Annapolis, he would have known Arnie Gay, Arnie was commodore at the club for years, taught sailing at the Naval Academy and owned a few local Annapolis marinas when I was young. The AYC has excellent sailing schools some world class kids teach there each summer. My Sfather has been a member at least 50 to 60 himself, he's 82. Me I joined in 87 or 88, the only reason I keep mine is so my son gets a deal on joining when he's old enough and I use the reciprocal privileges with other clubs when I'm sailing. When my brother is in town he tends to use up the necessary bar / restaurant money on my account to keep them happy. :whistle:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I thought about joining back in the early 90s. But grandad passed on and I ended up involved with a different kind of club...hunting and fishing club on an island the club owns. Turned out to be a good choice for my kids and extended family.

DEEKAYPEE8569

You are a grown adult, and you don't have the money to pay for it?
Why don't you wait and save, then pay it yourself.
Okay, here's where your logic s**ts the bed.....
My age has NOTHING to do with anything. I don't have the money to pay for this upfront, myself, because of other expected expenses. This truck repair is an AWSH*T! Surely, you've had one or two of those in your lifetime. And why do I have to explain this, to you, or anybody else? Huh? Hmm??
Save? Wish I could.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Don't forget the sweater tied around his neck.

Found a couple pics of me. They are a few years old though...and I got tired of the beard.
nautical look 2.jpg nautical look.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Tacking, jibing, straying far from the rhumb line, and headed for foul weather..

Similar to what happened last time..when we wrecked the Minnow..

Hank

my war
Okay, here's where your logic s**ts the bed.....
My age has NOTHING to do with anything. I don't have the money to pay for this upfront, myself, because of other expected expenses. This truck repair is an AWSH*T! Surely, you've had one or two of those in your lifetime. And why do I have to explain this, to you, or anybody else? Huh? Hmm??
Save? Wish I could.

You mad, Bro?

DEEKAYPEE8569

You mad, Bro?

About what? DoWhat's comment? Naaahhh.....He can post whatever he wants, but here's the thing.....he; well, any of you; can say whatever you want to say about what I post. Everyone here is entitled to their own opinions; and to me, that's what they are; YOUR opinions.

Comments akin to, 'why don't you have enough money to.....,' is MY problem. H*ll, if I had money, this unexpected repair wouldn't be a big deal; I'd have a NEW truck and wouldn't be worried about fixing what I've got. It's called making do with what you've got.

Fortunately for me, I have friends; who were Dad's friends first; who will help; be it financially or actually. In the situation I mentioned previously, this gent, who was like a Brother to Dad, is willing to pay the bill for the truck repair up front; and is willing to accept re-payment, from me, in installments; however much/when I can, because he knows that I cannot or may not be able to pay a possible 4-figure repair bill. If the foot was on the other hand, I would do the same for him. "Then why don't you learn to fix things yourself?" Well, that takes money too, in some cases. I mean, engine repair, electrician, auto body, A/C repair, underwater basket weaver classes.....ain't none of 'em free.

Last edited: