True Grit

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've got it

Hugh Jackman as Rhett

Matthew McConaughey as Ashley

Now you just try to see fault with those choices. They are both gorgeous!

Matthew M is way too cool to be the wimpy pathetic Ashley Wilkes. He could be Rhett, but absolutely not Ashley.

And Hugh Jackman is just ghey. Ick. Ptooey.

2lazy2P

nothing unreal exists
Rhett: Gerard Butler
Ashley: Edward Norton
Melanie: Scarlett Johansson
Scarlett: Rachel McAdams
Mammy: Queen Latifah

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Swap Melanie and Scarlett and I'll go for that cast. Although Megan Fox would make a good Scarlett, like JMILL said. Rachel McAdams isn't sexy enough to be Scarlett, and Scarlett Johansson is too sexy to be Melanie.

lovinmaryland

Melanie would be the hardest to cast...maybe Renee zelwegger? my vote is for Rachel McAdmas as well for Scarlett. I was thinking Leonardo Dicaprio for Rhett (swoon)

You got Ashley dead on w/ Norton :yay:

Toxick

Splat
Well 1 out of 2 isn't too bad. I'll take it. What's your feeling about Scarlet as Megan fox...?

As hot as Megan Fox is, and as weak in the knees as she makes me, I don't see her as Scarlett. Maybe Joanne Whalley.

PS. I just found out Whalley did Scarlett in a TV version. HAH!

Last edited:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Vivian Leigh just IS Scarlett. Overacting aside, she had a charisma that made the roles she played iconic. Whoever replaced her would need to have the ability to be helpless/stubborn/crazy all at once. :lol: I like Rachel McAdams, but not for Scarlett. Maybe Melanie. Megan Fox and Scarlett Johansson are terrible actresses and would never do Scarlett justice.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Swap Melanie and Scarlett and I'll go for that cast. Although Megan Fox would make a good Scarlett, like JMILL said. Rachel McAdams isn't sexy enough to be Scarlett, and Scarlett Johansson is too sexy to be Melanie.

Megan fox couldn't do scarlett. First off, she couldn't play herself in a movie, much less someone else :killingme She's rather terrible. Hot as hell, but terrible. And she's tooooo "sexay"...scarlett is more of a pretty ingénue type..I always got the feeling in the book at least that her main draw was not that she was dead sexy...but that she was engaging and flirty..That in fact melanie was probably prettier, but didn't have the charm scarlett did..I still like Amy Adams for scarlett...

lovinmaryland

Ew! :smack: Rhett should be strong and gruff and manly.

Um have you seen The Departed? Gangs of New York? Inception? he was strong, gruff, and manly in them all. He is a GREAT actor. Very diverse also, he could definitely do the part justice... I mean NO ONE will ever recreate what Clark did.