Trump’s Use of Navy SEAL’s Wife Highlights All the Key Ingredients of U.S. War Propaganda

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
A grieving wife, emotions raw, suffering the worst possible loss is going to be of sound mind after a couple of weeks in terms of a request by the President of the United States? So, what of the dad? Is he still insisting on answers?

I hate the fact that people act like this woman may not have had a sound mind. Did she have a sound mind never knowing the who, what or why's of any of the missions of her husband? He was a SEAL - she spent much, if not all, of the time while he was in service to this country, in the dark about what he did, where he did it and when - if - he'd return.

I think she had clarity. I think she had clarity when she accepted the offer to attend the SOTU address in HER HUSBAND's HONOR. In her face, I saw a woman who was unable to contain her grief, but (as it looked to me) represented something much more than a grieving spouse.

She may have done this for her children. For posterity. To help the POTUS make a point about making the military great again. Who knows? It was her right to accept or not accept. We should not question her sanity, her clarity or anything else.

It's wrong. She made a choice and I'm sure she had every opportunity to change that choice if she had wanted to.

Hijinx

I hate the fact that people act like this woman may not have had a sound mind. Did she have a sound mind never knowing the who, what or why's of any of the missions of her husband? He was a SEAL - she spent much, if not all, of the time while he was in service to this country, in the dark about what he did, where he did it and when - if - he'd return.

I think she had clarity. I think she had clarity when she accepted the offer to attend the SOTU address in HER HUSBAND's HONOR. In her face, I saw a woman who was unable to contain her grief, but (as it looked to me) represented something much more than a grieving spouse.

She may have done this for her children. For posterity. To help the POTUS make a point about making the military great again. Who knows? It was her right to accept or not accept. We should not question her sanity, her clarity or anything else.

It's wrong. She made a choice and I'm sure she had every opportunity to change that choice if she had wanted to.

I don't think I have ever seen a speech given by a President in joint session that the Speaker didn't have someone in the gallery to make a point.
I liked Trumps choice. It took courage for that woman to be there.
It took courage for trump to have her there, because in having her there he allowed it to be part of the decision he made in letting that mission go on.
Trump had to know that the democrats would say he made a mistake in allowing that mission and that they didn't mind denigrating that woman for being there.
Which they did by sitting on their ignorant asses.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think the way the Left is attacking this woman is reprehensible. If anyone had doubts that they were a bunch of scum sucking #### bags, they put that doubt to rest once and for all. The comments on social media are just over the top filled with hatred and pure evil. If it were up to me, we'd hunt every one of those depraved savages down and strap them to the chair. There should be no place in America for that kind of deranged deviance.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I can't argue with a word of that. Well said, well said. :clap:

The ONLY point I can make is do we extend the same thinking to the father or no and, if no, why?

Because of all you say, I can not see her asking ANYONE why or what happened. She was IN IT nearly as much as him and long ago made her peace about what may happen. And NO ONE would say ONE peep to her to worry her that something wasn't right about it.

I CAN see a dad wanting answers and seeking out or hearing quiet comments that something was wrong or someone knowing a dad has GOT to know how his son died either trying to lie to him or saying he has the right to know.

Perhaps the most gut wrenching thing I've seen on TV but we owe it to them, to all of them, to face it and make DAMN sure our elected leaders are doing things right and that we, generally, know what's going on so we can consent with knowledge. We OWE that to everyone we send into harms way and we OWE their loved ones that.

:buddies:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I think the way the Left is attacking this woman is reprehensible. If anyone had doubts that they were a bunch of scum sucking #### bags, they put that doubt to rest once and for all. The comments on social media are just over the top filled with hatred and pure evil. If it were up to me, we'd hunt every one of those depraved savages down and strap them to the chair. There should be no place in America for that kind of deranged deviance.

I'd help!

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
The ONLY point I can make is do we extend the same thinking to the father or no and, if no, why?

It seems to me Mr. Owens (Bill) is pretty outspoken about his opposition to Trump. This could strictly stem from anguish over the death of his son. It's interesting the two completely opposite feelings towards Trump between Ryan's wife and dad. I couldn't be dismissive about Bill Owens' thoughts and demands surrounding his son's death; however, I put far more weight towards the sentiments of the wife than the father. It seems she understands his sacrifice far more deeply than the dad. She doesn't blame anyone. She understands this is the job of a SEAL, and the consequences. Dad, having served in the military, surprisingly seems to have lost this somewhere. He wants someone to blame for his son's death; and his target seems to be Trump.

I am not attempting stomp on a man's grave, because I view Ryan in the highest regard, a hero. But, it is altogether possible his death was due to a misstep he made. The mission could have been perfectly planned, yet poorly executed. The only reason I say this is, devoid of actual facts on the ground, it gives us reason not to place blame on anyone. He joined one of the most dangerous groups our military has. Dying in combat is more of a reality than most other operational groups. Bill Owens does not honor his son by trying to blame someone for his death.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It seems to me Mr. Owens (Bill) is pretty outspoken about his opposition to Trump. This could strictly stem from anguish over the death of his son. It's interesting the two completely opposite feelings towards Trump between Ryan's wife and dad. .

I'll take your word on Bill as I have not read much on who he voted for. As for her, is her presence about Trump or her husband? :tap:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It . She understands this is the job of a SEAL, and the consequences. Dad, having served in the military, surprisingly seems to have lost this somewhere. .

Ah, you stepped into that one. It is NOT the job of a SEAL, or any solider, but, especially a SEAL, to die in combat. Yes, it's extra dangerous but the training is some of the best we have. So, to the point, like the mission in A'stan that was messed up before it began, the Lone Survivor mess, is there concern IN the community, that was expressed to the dad, that this mission was wrong for what SEAL's do and how they do it? That is my concern. Was it pushed more for political reasons and less for defending the nation reasons? SEAL's aren't supposed to walk into ambushes.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'll take your word on Bill as I have not read much on who he voted for. As for her, is her presence about Trump or her husband? :tap:

I don't have a clue who he voted for either; but his refusal to even meet with Trump so Trump can offer his condolences tells me he has little respect for Trump.

I'm not all that concerned about what the wife's presence was all about. She was able to toss aside politics and blame to have her husband honored in one of the largest political audiences there is. I guess that makes it about Ryan.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't have a clue who he voted for either; but his refusal to even meet with Trump so Trump can offer his condolences tells me he has little respect for Trump. .

OK, you point out he, dad, 'lost' his way, as a vet. I'm suggesting, as he did, or seems to be suggesting, that he has good reason to have a problem with Trump. We know because of Red Wings and Pat Tillman that covering up #### ups is not something new in our age.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Ah, you stepped into that one. It is NOT the job of a SEAL, or any solider, but, especially a SEAL, to die in combat. Yes, it's extra dangerous but the training is some of the best we have. So, to the point, like the mission in A'stan that was messed up before it began, the Lone Survivor mess, is there concern IN the community, that was expressed to the dad, that this mission was wrong for what SEAL's do and how they do it? That is my concern. Was it pushed more for political reasons and less for defending the nation reasons? SEAL's aren't supposed to walk into ambushes.

You're wrong. The job of every military member is knowing they could be put in harm's way, and die as a result. We accept that as part of our job.

What you don't seem to either accept or understand is that there is always a chance a military mission could go wrong. People make mistakes. Not to marginalize your questions, but we do not get to make the decision of whether a mission is right or wrong. That's why we hire commanders, planners, and such... We put our trust in them to make the right decisions. And we put our trust in the troops to execute the missions handed to them. As I keep saying, tons of things from beginning to end can go wrong. This missions could have gone wrong on the ground. All of these people do this so you don't have to. I get pretty annoyed when people that play armchair commander, thinking they know better how things could have gone. In your case, you have this belief that the mission shouldn't have happened in the first place. I kind of get why you think this. you have very little trust in the people making these decisions. Not seeing the whole picture, I just can't come the same conclusion you come to.

PsyOps

Pixelated
OK, you point out he, dad, 'lost' his way, as a vet. I'm suggesting, as he did, or seems to be suggesting, that he has good reason to have a problem with Trump. We know because of Red Wings and Pat Tillman that covering up #### ups is not something new in our age.

I get it. If you're slapped in the face often enough, you learn to not trust the slapper. I'm not convinced there's any coverup here. One of our guys was killed during a mission. I'm not convinced there were any failures in the mission just because he got killed. What was it, around 4000 allied troops died on D-Day? Was that mission a failure?

I don't know what problem Bill Owens has with Trump, and I don't care. If he wants to blame Trump for his son's death, I think that's misguided and appears to be more rooted in his loathing for Trump than an actual reason to blame Trump. I don't think I've seen any evidence that shows how Trump's decision resulted in Ryan's death. All the president does is make a decision based on information he is fed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm more interested in the behind the scene conflicts in that family. Mrs. Owens clearly went against the dad's wishes by meeting with Trump and going to the SotU. She is being applauded and sympathized with - at least by the sane people and not the progressives who are calling her filthy names - while the dad looks like a ranting fool. In fact, Dad's champions are the same ones who are calling his DIL those nasty names and making derogatory remarks about her character.

Curious if Dad wishes he'd kept his mouth shut, or at least thought before he reacted publicly? Or is Mrs. Owens sorry she went to the speech and met with Trump? Would Ryan Owens be supporting his wife, or his dad? What would it feel like to have your son or husband die in the line of duty, then have blowhard politicians and snarky press use your grief to score cheap political points? Do Mrs. Owens and her FIL have any kind of relationship? Has that changed since SCPO Owens' death?

On another note, it's interesting watching people who typically loathe the military and all military personnel pretending to "care" about Ryan Owens and DEMANDING ANSWERS! regarding his death. It reeks of cheap grandstanding and political maneuvering.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Smokescreen.

It would behoove you to not try and position yourself as the expert on military affairs just because you've read a few books. The people on here that you're "schooling", most of them have actually served (unlike you). Or is that the #### they taught you at Democrat School, how to pontificate about things you know nothing about to people who've actually done them?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm more interested in the behind the scene conflicts in that family.

:shrug:

Dad is a raving Progressive Nut Case that did not support his son choice of career ?
and now has an AX to Grind against a President he despises

It would behoove you to not try and position yourself as the expert on military affairs just because you've read a few books.

:jet:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Dad is a raving Progressive Nut Case that did not support his son choice of career ?
and now has an AX to Grind against a President he despises

Is that the case or just your take on it? That's a real question because all I know about Mr. Owens is that he wants answers for his son's death and he blames Trump. I know nothing about his motivation.

PsyOps

Pixelated
:shrug:

and now has an AX to Grind against a President he despises.

I seem to recall hearing someone reporting something to this effect; that he was a big Hillary supporter and absolutely hated Trump; but I couldn't find it, so I didn't post about it.