Trump can declassify FISA order now

Midnightrider

Where? Raddazt brought up Breitbart. I didn't see Huckabee confirm this at all. The only thing I really got out of this was Raddazt, in her typical leftist fashion, was very combative with Huckabee; especially as compared to her interview with Earnest.

Let me be as clear as I can; I don't have a clue where Trump got his info; none of us do. Trump has categorically stated he was tapped by Obama during the election. We all should demand evidence of this. I am not going to just believe it just because the president said it in a tweet. We had 8 years of being lied to, and I am fed up with being lied to by the government that works of US - WE THE PEOPLE. Trump was transparent enough to come out with this tapping stuff; he should have the same transparency to show us the goods. Otherwise, he's just as bad as Obama.

She was combative because Sarah was being evasive. But if you watch the entire thing huckabe says that trump got his information from reports. So you have a very limited number of sources it could be. What is clear is that trump did not get his info from intelligence resources in the fed.
I agree that it should all be put out n the open now. I have a feeling this is going to be a case of 'careful what you wish for' for the White House.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She was combative because Sarah was being evasive. But if you watch the entire thing huckabe says that trump got his information from reports. So you have a very limited number of sources it could be. What is clear is that trump did not get his info from intelligence resources in the fed.
I agree that it should all be put out n the open now. I have a feeling this is going to be a case of 'careful what you wish for' for the White House.

In short, you have no idea what the truth actually is, but you firmly believe that Trump is guilty of something and his spokespeople are a bunch of liars.

PsyOps

Pixelated

It's not clear to me at all that Trump didn't get his info from intel sources. He has people from everywhere that inform him about these things. At this point I don't know if Trump is a loose cannon or if he would seek advice from his advisors before sending such tweets. I'd like to think he would pass it through some of his folks first to make sure he has his facts right. If he just tweeted this out loose-cannon style, then he will lose a ton of credibility if it turns out not to be true.

Midnightrider

How is that spin?

Do you think the press should be allowed to propagate any old rumor the Democrats dream up?
Trump said obama tapped his phones. That is a serious charge, and one trumps deputy press secretary refused to back up in that interview. The spin is you trying to make this the press' fault.

Midnightrider

It's not clear to me at all that Trump didn't get his info from intel sources. He has people from everywhere that inform him about these things. At this point I don't know if Trump is a loose cannon or if he would seek advice from his advisors before sending such tweets. I'd like to think he would pass it through some of his folks first to make sure he has his facts right. If he just tweeted this out loose-cannon style, then he will lose a ton of credibility if it turns out not to be true.
Did you watch the entire interview? I thought she was pretty clear in saying trump got this from reports in the media. That's why she says it needs to be investigated to see if it's true. If trump got this through our national intelligence apparatus there wouldn't be a need to validate the claim, just the reasons behind the tap.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Watch the video.....
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/whit...ies-trump-wiretap-assertion/story?id=45911282

She basically says trump got his info from breitbart.

“All we’re saying is let’s take a closer look. Let’s look into this. If this happened, if this is accurate, this is the biggest overreach and the biggest scandal,” White House principal deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee said on ABC’s “This Week” Sunday.

“If, if, if, if....,” pressed “This Week” co-anchor Martha Raddatz, “Why is the president saying it did happen?”

“Look, I think he's going off of information that he's seen that has led him to believe that this is a very real potential,” Huckabee Sanders responded. “I think he’s made very clear what he believes, and he’s asking that we get down to the bottom of this, get the truth here.”

Did you watch the entire interview? I thought she was pretty clear in saying trump got this from reports in the media. That's why she says it needs to be investigated to see if it's true. If trump got this through our national intelligence apparatus there wouldn't be a need to validate the claim, just the reasons behind the tap.

I went back and watched it again, and no point does Huckabee confirm that Trump got his information specifically or solely from Breitbart. In fact you posted it right here: "... I think he's going off of information that he's seen that has led him to believe that this is a very real potential". I'm saying that Trump has access to a plethora of sources that you and I don't have. We do not know if Trump got his info from inside sources in the intel world as well as news outlets. Perhaps he picked up on it from Breitbart, the NYT, and the BBC then went to his intel folks and needed confirmation. And it does bother me that Huckabee seems to be contradicting Trump with her if, if, if nonsense when Trump categorically stated it as fact.

None of this really matters to me. Trump said this happened. Where are the facts.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

I went back and watched it again, and no point does Huckabee confirm that Trump got his information specifically or solely from Breitbart. In fact you posted it right here: "... I think he's going off of information that he's seen that has led him to believe that this is a very real potential". I'm saying that Trump has access to a plethora of sources that you and I don't have. We do not know if Trump got his info from inside sources in the intel world as well as news outlets. Perhaps he picked up on it from Breitbart, the NYT, and the BBC then went to his intel folks and needed confirmation. And it does bother me that Huckabee seems to be contradicting Trump with her if, if, if nonsense when Trump categorically stated it as fact.

None of this really matters to me. Trump said this happened. Where are the facts.

There is something wrong with the world if the president of the USA is getting his intel from breitbart and having his services confirm it.
But here is the thing, if trump had any solid intel that there was a tap he would not have let his representative contradict him. He would have had her say "of course this is true, the president got it from a trusted intelligence source". Instead she was dancing around about trump said it because he might have read it somewhere and you can't blame him if the press is talking about it....

PsyOps

Pixelated
There is something wrong with the world if the president of the USA is getting his intel from breitbart and having his services confirm it.
But here is the thing, if trump had any solid intel that there was a tap he would not have let his representative contradict him. He would have had her say "of course this is true, the president got it from a trusted intelligence source". Instead she was dancing around about trump said it because he might have read it somewhere and you can't blame him if the press is talking about it....

You mean like how Obama said time and time again "I learned about it the same way you did - from the news"? I agree with you that Huckabee's explanation of this came across as more guarded than Trump. They don't seem to be on the same page. I am less focused on that, and more focused on why the warrant was granted and if it was really legal.

Here's the thing... We already know there was a FISA request in May for this, and was turned down. Then again in October which was granted. We know someone requested tapping of Trump towers. It was someone within the Trump administration. Rumor has it that it was Lynch. Was it a legitimate warrant; or was it another one of those insider crony jobs like the IRS deal or the James Rosen attack? We know that folks during the Obama administration played dirty. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Chris0nllyn

You mean like how Obama said time and time again "I learned about it the same way you did - from the news"? I agree with you that Huckabee's explanation of this came across as more guarded than Trump. They don't seem to be on the same page. I am less focused on that, and more focused on why the warrant was granted and if it was really legal.

Here's the thing... We already know there was a FISA request in May for this, and was turned down. Then again in October which was granted. We know someone requested tapping of Trump towers. It was someone within the Trump administration. Rumor has it that it was Lynch. Was it a legitimate warrant; or was it another one of those insider crony jobs like the IRS deal or the James Rosen attack? We know that folks during the Obama administration played dirty. The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

I believe the FISA warrant was for a particular sever in Trump Tower. Not "tapping" of his phones.

I still think the anger here is misguided. Again, we're seeing the power we, the people, have delegated to the executive branch, and the govt. in general, being used incorrectly at the least, criminally at the most. Yet no one is talking about this spy apparatus run behind the scenes, and largely in the dark in this country.

Midnightrider

those aren't really things we know so much as they are things that have been alleged