Trump plan calls for nationwide concealed carry and an end to gun bans

glhs837

Power with Control
Okay, I screwed up that part. Avoid confrontation first. A CCW holder should act if there is imminent risk of harm to him/herself or others.
Remember though, you're in line at the bank, on the floor. In a perfect world you tag the robber before he shoots his primary focus, the armed guard. That might not happen.
However, there's that slim chance you are able to pull your weapon and 'get the robber's attention' (shoot him in the leg) before he gets a shot off. So, would I involve myself in that situation? Yes.

Agreed. Not required, but I expect more out of citizens, that they take active steps to keep others safe. Part of the reason our society is not as good as I think it might be is the expectation that we do NOT act unless required.

The Second Amendment has nothing in it about the good citizens being comfortable when encountering a person open carrying a firearm.
The scarring folks more or less is also a perceived problem that happens very seldom in the real world, now for full disclosure I CC everyday, but I live in a State that how you carry is up to the Permit holder to pick how to carry.
I see open carry every day, folks that actually pay enough attention sometimes will point and that's about it. No blood in the streets, no snowflakes having a meltdown at the mall because they saw someone open carrying, no 6 year olds taking their pistols, no they get shot first if something goes bad and not all that internet stupid bull#### that the nay sayers say will happen.
We don't have a problem allowing others with different beliefs using all their God given Rights, Allow me to have and use all my God given Rights in the same manner.
Just carry..

It surely does not, nor should it. And I would not support a requirement like that. But then you get into what's maybe best in reality, and what's legally right.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Why do you believe that a responsible gun owner can carry on one side of the gate at the airport but for some perceived problem that they are not responsible on the other side of the gate and on the plane?
Why is it OK for a pilot or Air Marshal to carry and not the sound citizens? Are they nothing more than sound citizens themselves?
Will there be blood running down moving walkways on the security side of the concourses of the airports and on the planes?
This is a God given right that we have, as a sound citizen the only time I believe I should give up my carry rights is when I choose to enter someone's decision that on their Personal Property they have decided not to allow firearms.
And with that decision being posted according to the law, then I have to determine if I want to disarm myself before I enter said Personal property.
The State or Federal Government has no business restricting my rights as a gun owner.

It's my opinion, and it's subject to change. You don't have to agree with it. And I didn't say "on one side of the gate, and not on the other". I said "on a commercial aircraft". Right now, my concern is the limited amount space, the number of people on the plane, and how many people could possibly be firing their guns at the same time. I would add to that, people who are not "responsible" gun owners. Just because it is our right to carry a gun, doesn't mean there won't be people out there who couldn't shoot the side of a barn with a telescopic sight. I'm just really on the fence about this, I guess. While I agree with what you're saying, I can't help but have concerns.

black dog

Free America
Only if you have darker skin.

We just don't seem to have that problem here in Indiana?
That's just another internet precieved problem, I'm sure it has happened before in America, and I'm sure it's happened to white folks more often than black folks,
White folks tend to be the gun owners between those two races.

DEEKAYPEE8569

as i understand the precedent and the MDlaw you are not allowed to engage a criminal unless your life, or the life of a person who is with you is in danger.
Self Defense (even if someone is with you). The latter is/would or could be termed "Personal Protection." Right?

black dog

Free America
I'd have no problem, but don't Marshalls use frangible rounds as not to shoot a hole in the fuselage? Will that be a requirement for Joe Citizen carrying on a plane? Who is checking that?

So you believe that a frangible 357 Sig round will not exit the plane if a body or other object doesn't stop it?
Lots of pressurized aircraft have been ventilated in wartime and safely returned to base.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Since my chances of getting a CCW here in MD is about the same as my hitting the Lotto, never looked that deeply into that, is it really against MD for someone who has a CCW to engage a criminal? .

No. If you feel YOUR life, or a family member, is in danger and you don't think YOU can safely retreat, once you've run through the check list, you can start thinking about presenting and, then, if things haven't improved, you can start to think about whether or not shooting is going to keep you from serious harm or death.

Technically, if GURPS is pretty clearly gonna shoot me and you are a bystander and ccw, you can't shoot to save me. Some might say it's OK to join in and shoot me but that's another question. Point is that in Maryland, legally, you're putting yourself in the hands of the jury if you help a stranger and/or draw 'too soon' or shoot 'too soon' :buddies:

black dog

Free America
Since my chances of getting a CCW here in MD is about the same as my hitting the Lotto, never looked that deeply into that, is it really against MD for someone who has a CCW to engage a criminal?

Well, guns inside aircraft are a bit different than guns almost anywhere else, even a boat. It is, after all, a pressurized metal tube filled with closely packed people and fuel suspended in the sky by magic, with control cables and wires and other critical bits and pieces protected by thin pieces of aluminum that allow it to remain a thing suspended in the air. But people firing guns can disturb that magic and kill hundreds in a second. So, barring a special training course that would certify you to operate in that environment, one where I might be present and cannot remove myself from your vicinity, ah, no, I don't want you carrying a gun on an aircraft I'm on.

Show me a cite where a airliner has had difficulty flying or crashed ( not military aircraft ) that was caused by a shot or shots being fired onboard that caused death of passengers or crew . I can't think of one time it's happened in modern history,,, I believe that's more internet precieved problems.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Technically, if GURPS is pretty clearly gonna shoot me and you are a bystander and ccw, you can't shoot to save me.

:buddies:

yes, unless my weapon is drawn and I am actively re leaving Larry of his wallet you cannot fire .....
only in Texas can you get away with 'he just needed killing' :jet:
[and maybe not anymore]

black dog

Free America
No. If you feel YOUR life, or a family member, is in danger and you don't think YOU can safely retreat, once you've run through the check list, you can start thinking about presenting and, then, if things haven't improved, you can start to think about whether or not shooting is going to keep you from serious harm or death.

Technically, if GURPS is pretty clearly gonna shoot me and you are a bystander and ccw, you can't shoot to save me. Some might say it's OK to join in and shoot me but that's another question. Point is that in Maryland, legally, you're putting yourself in the hands of the jury if you help a stranger and/or draw 'too soon' or shoot 'too soon' :buddies:

Reason number 2,357 not to live in Maryland. :patriot:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Show me a cite where a airliner has had difficulty flying or crashed ( not military aircraft ) that was caused by a shot or shots being fired onboard that caused death of passengers or crew . I can't think of one time it's happened in modern history,,, I believe that's more internet precieved problems.

since we don;t have masses of people carrying firearms getting into shoot outs on airliners that data set is non-exsistant

black dog

Free America
yes, unless my weapon is drawn and I am actively re leaving Larry of his wallet you cannot fire .....
[and maybe not anymore]

In many Free America States, you may be shot in the back with you are relieving someone of their wallet.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
[and maybe not anymore]

Texas you can shoot to protect someone, anyone, you think is being criminally assaulted. You don't have to think they're life is in danger.

They can't shoot you in Maryland if you ARE robbing me and killing me.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In many Free America States, you may be shot in the back with you are relieving someone of their wallet.

that was not the point Larry was making ... Technically, if GURPS is pretty clearly gonna shoot me and you are a bystander and ccw, you can't shoot to save me.

I escalated the discussion to something more obvious ....

black dog

Free America
since we don;t have masses of people carrying firearms getting into shoot outs on airliners that data set is non-exsistant

How many decades were and did citizens carry on aircraft before that right was taken away.. and even then no carnage on the planes.
It's just more precieved non-existent problems that never come to light.

black dog

Free America
that was not the point Larry was making ... Technically, if GURPS is pretty clearly gonna shoot me and you are a bystander and ccw, you can't shoot to save me.

I escalated the discussion to something more obvious ....

I'll change my wording, in many Free America States, another citizen that is at the crime can shoot Gurps in the back and be well within the law.