Trump presser...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You're not on ignore. I've never put anyone on ignore. Ever. I resent the implication as it's a minor point of forum pride to me.

I thought we had an understanding, you didn't want me to care what you think and I am obliging. After yesterdays non sense, which could not have been ANY plainer, what Trump said v. what Schumer said about their relationship, in the same link, if we disagree on pretty much everything, even the most obvious, what, exactly, is going to be the chance that ANYTHING I say is NOT going to be met with the usual derision, insults that I need professional help or otherwise disparaged, dismissed or rejected that you like to hurl on me? I'm thinking about zero. So, I can debate with whomever and make my points, they theirs, I can read what you think, be it my comments or whomever, and we can just agree to disagree and skip the unpleasantness.

Suffice it to say, in my view, I have been seeing a clear transition by Trump FROM petulant, inane campaigner, a guy you want debating who is the best turd polisher, not who is the better choice to be potus, to becoming the boss. He was Presidential today, in my view. What he's been doing since he won, including his gracious handling of winning, culminated today in a person who is THE BOSS yet is humbled by it, excited by it. Ready for it. Serious about it. Not the guy I sometimes wondered if he wasn't TRYING to lose. He's not going to give up his edge. I LOVED what he did to CNN, totally appropriate. I WANT him to retain SOME of the edge. As for the rest, it was just Presidential in MANY ways I did NOT see in the campaign.

Now, certainly you're going to disagree, point by point, and that's fine. We knew that. So, there it is. :shrug: I hope he keeps it up.

Your juvenile outburst aside, thank you for answering my question and sharing your perspective.

Can Trump be petulant? Obviously. Can he be inane? Of course. Petty? Yep. Insulting? Yep yep. But what you saw at his press conference, I saw that many times during his campaign. If all I'd ever seen was petty insulting rude Trump, I would buy into what the progbot media has been trying to brainwash me with. But I didn't. I saw those leadership qualities. I also saw the media making huge enormous deals out of fairly mundane comments and actions, which told me that they didn't really have a take and were reduced to making #### up.

I'm okay with our president being human. I never thought of these people as Superman anyway, and never expected perfection out of them. I prefer to see the real person, not the polished script reader. If that means they're going to occasionally be a dumbass, I'm okay with that. I want a leader, not just someone who can read a teleprompter well. I always felt that with Trump what you saw was what you got, and I put a lot of stock in that.

warneckutz

So I'm reading thru the transcript...Trump reads like he always does...an egotistical buffoon.

He can't complete a sentence. He starts off lying (about his familiarity with press conferences)...then does his typical bully sh!t with regards to the media...lies like a drunken sailor by taking credit for Ford plant decision (naturally he ignores all the job losses at Macy's, Kmart etc.)...for months he has done nothing but deny and deflect about Russian hacking. Even after he got the report, he denied it was Russia...now today be believes it is Russia? he still goes back to his deflection (for all the rubes) by talking about Hillary getting questions which has NOTHING to do with who was responsible for the hack. There is OBVIOUSLY something going on there with Mr. Trump and Russia.

He rambles on about how he has no deals, loans or anything in Russia...yet he refuses to release his taxes, refuses to release any information whatsoever about his dealings. The rubes believe every word...intelligent folks call BS.

And the whole "My sons are going to run the business" BS...come on! Insufficient. He'll donate money to the US Treasury? Like he did to the veteran's fundraiser he held last year instead of attending a debate?

Its no wonder the guy has the lowest approval rating of any incoming President.

Good Lord, you cry... A LOT ...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Your juvenile outburst aside, thank you for answering my question and sharing your perspective.

Can Trump be petulant? Obviously. Can he be inane? Of course. Petty? Yep. Insulting? Yep yep. But what you saw at his press conference, I saw that many times during his campaign. If all I'd ever seen was petty insulting rude Trump, I would buy into what the progbot media has been trying to brainwash me with. But I didn't. I saw those leadership qualities. I also saw the media making huge enormous deals out of fairly mundane comments and actions, which told me that they didn't really have a take and were reduced to making #### up.

I'm okay with our president being human. I never thought of these people as Superman anyway, and never expected perfection out of them. I prefer to see the real person, not the polished script reader. If that means they're going to occasionally be a dumbass, I'm okay with that. I want a leader, not just someone who can read a teleprompter well. I always felt that with Trump what you saw was what you got, and I put a lot of stock in that.

I'm late to the party - but this is pretty much how I feel about what I saw. :yay: He's been saying he wasn't going to cowtow to the press the entire time he was running. He has SHOWN that time and time again. They kept throwing crap at him and he kept deflecting it back onto them. You're right - none of this is new. He's doing just like he's been saying he would all along!

The Trump as POTUS pressers are gonna be the best thing to happen since Donald Rumsfeld's pressers during Bush's administration. Maybe even more bettah. :yahoo:

Hijinx

IMO, Trump has the worst delivery of anyone I have ever seen, but he does get his point across.

I don't like watching him speak, but so far I like what he has said.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yo I always felt that with Trump what you saw was what you got, and I put a lot of stock in that.

And that is EXACTLY why I was impressed yesterday; because he was going so far beyond what we know him to be these last 30 years.

What we KNOW is he is a sales guy extraordinaire who could sell ice cubes to Eskimos because they are the greatest, bestest, most awesome-O ice cubes EVER....because they have a 'T' on them.
What we KNOW is he leverages loans and bankruptcies
What we KNOW is he goes through a lot of women.
What we KNOW is he is a NYC liberal, pro choice, pro gay rights, for restricted 2A rights, for eminent domain, for easier libel laws so he can sue people for making fun of his hair
What we KNOW is he, THE New York Yankee, has got a bunch of Johnny Rebs, right wing zealots, gun rights, anti gay, anti black, anti immigrant folks to see in him what they want to see; the art of the deal. He needed their votes, so, he sold them.

He seems to be stepping up and beyond all of that, that he may rise to the challenge and be MORE than just some ego maniac branding genius. Anyone who saw that, what he's been since he won, in him was hoping because that is NOT what he has been. Dubbya didn't transcend himself. He was what he was. Same with Obama. I am interested because Trump is showing early signs of POSSIBLY stepping it up, big.

We shall see.

SamSpade

I'm late to the party - but this is pretty much how I feel about what I saw. :yay:

I used to think the whole "Ain't freedom of speech great" approach of Bush was perfect - NEVER getting in the dirt with his accusers, always smiling with the aw shucks Gary Cooper thing when you knew full well he seriously wanted to bust 'em in the chops.

And with the exception of Reagan - maybe JUST in his first term - that's what the Dems and the press are expecting from a Republican.
"You're fake news" is political speak for #### off #######. I ain't sitting down for your crap anymore.

And they're bothered by it.

Just how long can you throw rocks at a dog before they bite back? I had a dog growing up where a neighbor kid tormented him day after day - his favorite tactic was to get him at the end of his chain and smack him back and forth with his coat. One day the dog finally got him and bit him - and sadly, we had to have the dog put down. But I fought that kid daily after that.

He may be a bit of an ass, but we have a pit bull in the Oval Office. I plan to enjoy it.

warneckutz

Just how long can you throw rocks at a dog before they bite back? I had a dog growing up where a neighbor kid tormented him day after day - his favorite tactic was to get him at the end of his chain and smack him back and forth with his coat. One day the dog finally got him and bit him - and sadly, we had to have the dog put down. But I fought that kid daily after that.

Should've put the neighbor down.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
IMO, Trump has the worst delivery of anyone I have ever seen, but he does get his point across.

I don't like watching him speak, but so far I like what he has said.

I couldn't stand most of the babbling BS of the campaign. Again, that's why I posted this; I saw a guy yesterday who substantially stepped up his game. It was a pleasure to listen to. It was focused and reasoned and...to me, presidential.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I used to think the whole "Ain't freedom of speech great" approach of Bush was perfect - NEVER getting in the dirt with his accusers, always smiling with the aw shucks Gary Cooper thing when you knew full well he seriously wanted to bust 'em in the chops.

And with the exception of Reagan - maybe JUST in his first term - that's what the Dems and the press are expecting from a Republican.
"You're fake news" is political speak for #### off #######. I ain't sitting down for your crap anymore.

Because it gets old after awhile. At some point it becomes just stupid ranting and tedious picking. It's like your kid:

Mom, can I have a cookie?
No, we're going to have dinner in about an hour.
Please?
No.
Why not?
I just told you why not, because we're going to be having dinner.
Please? Just one?
No.
Come on, please? Why can't I have just one cookie?
Look, you little ####, I said no. One more word and I'm going to beat your ass for you. :shutup:

So hey, media people? You little ####s, we said no. Now you're getting your ass beat because we're out of patience. :smack:

Because it gets old after awhile. At some point it becomes just stupid ranting and tedious picking. It's like your kid:

Mom, can I have a cookie?
No, we're going to have dinner in about an hour.
Please?
No.
Why not?
I just told you why not, because we're going to be having dinner.
Please? Just one?
No.
Come on, please? Why can't I have just one cookie?
Look, you little ####, I said no. One more word and I'm going to beat your ass for you. :shutup:

So hey, media people? You little ####s, we said no. Now you're getting your ass beat because we're out of patience. :smack:
Exactly! See... the outrage and focus should be on the obnoxious and childish reporter who kept insisting on constant and rude interruption. He had is "boohoo he is so mean" story after the first "no". He could have walked away then and make it the latest headline before the news conference was even over.

SamSpade

because it gets old after awhile. At some point it becomes just stupid ranting and tedious picking. It's like your kid:

mom, can i have a cookie?
no, we're going to have dinner in about an hour.
please?
no.
why not?
i just told you why not, because we're going to be having dinner.
please? Just one?
no.
come on, please? Why can't i have just one cookie?
look, you little ####, i said no. One more word and i'm going to beat your ass for you. :shutup:

STILL wished it had gone like it often does with MY kids.....

(after their last plea)

NO and now no cookie for a week. Go ahead. Ask again and it's two weeks. Wanna go for forever?

I almost wished he'd stood there quietly and said nothing for a minute and then said "NO answers until schmuck-face shuts up" and then said
"You like being treated like a child? Stop acting like one". It amazes me that anyone, even a reporter thinks that if you just badger someone enough, they'll give you what you want instead of a punch in the nose.

FWIW he did stay fairly calm, something that surprised even me.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_0651.JPG