Trump was right again.

PeoplesElbow

When was that? When I was waiting for the EUV they couldn't keep any of them on the lot. They were charging 6-10k market rate adjustments (depending on the dealer) or even if the dealer agreed to no markup they were only going to let you buy the top trim with all the options. I would have settled for the EV at MSRP. By the time they finally did away with the markups I had moved on and I assume so did everyone else.
If I lived in CA I'd be getting one of these.

Clem72

If you turned in a qualifying old vehicle and you earn under the income caps. But same issue likely applies, if the cars are cheap there would be a high demand and if there's a demand the dealers have shown they will push the market rate adjustments up as far as they can.

The guy I talked to at Oursman literally said "$8k adjustment isn't $8k because you will get $7500 back in taxes, so you're not really losing it". As if I would have even considered the EUV without the exceptionally low price afforded by the tax credit.

Hijinx

I'd drive the biggest piece of sht on the highway before I would pay an $8,000 dollar mark up for any kind of automobile.
That's theft in my book.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'd drive the biggest piece of sht on the highway before I would pay an $8,000 dollar mark up for any kind of automobile.
That's theft in my book.
Glad I bought my truck when I did.

Instead of 8k up it went 9k down.

😌

glhs837

Power with Control
If you turned in a qualifying old vehicle and you earn under the income caps. But same issue likely applies, if the cars are cheap there would be a high demand and if there's a demand the dealers have shown they will push the market rate adjustments up as far as they can.

The guy I talked to at Oursman literally said "$8k adjustment isn't $8k because you will get $7500 back in taxes, so you're not really losing it". As if I would have even considered the EUV without the exceptionally low price afforded by the tax credit.

Yep, and to think that some states are fighting in court to prevent direct sales....... And most of them says its "consumer protection". Laughable.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Everyone I know who bought an EV was all breathless about it and singing its praises....until they sold it maybe a year later. Why? Because they suck and are a pain in the ass.
Love ours. Bought last July, have over 16k miles on it.. been back and forth to NH, down to Charleston, VA Beach.. It's a blast to drive, and taking a 20 minute break every 3 or 4 hours isn't a bad thing.

That and the performance is AMAZEBALLS!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Love ours. Bought last July, have over 16k miles on it.. been back and forth to NH, down to Charleston, VA Beach.. It's a blast to drive, and taking a 20 minute break every 3 or 4 hours isn't a bad thing.

That and the performance is AMAZEBALLS!!
Gay.

Clem72

Combined with the 4K tax rebate (for those who make under 150k AGI) this could be a decent deal. They are the baseline trim, so no heated steering wheel and heated rear seats, but probably about the cheapest EV to be had right now.

16-20k and the mileage ranges from 18k miles to 65k.

DaSDGuy