Trump won’t help Puerto Rico

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Imma go out on thin limb here and offer this. The roads into FL and TX were largely intact and still connected to the Interstate highway system which helps a whole metric shiat ton when dealing with the logistics of large scale evac, rescue and recovery operations. Let's see the differences between PR and FL and TX.

PR is an ISLAND. Definition - noun, a body of land completely surrounded by water where the only access is achieved by bridge, boat or air.

Well there are no bridges to PR from CONUS so that won't work. The ports are not open due to debris but the Navy has Marine landing craft bringing supplies in. The airport had ZERO electricity which means no radar help. But the airport did recently open and are allowing a few flights in and out each day.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Imma go out on thin limb here and offer this. The roads into FL and TX were largely intact and still connected to the Interstate highway system which helps a whole metric shiat ton when dealing with the logistics of large scale evac, rescue and recovery operations. Let's see the differences between PR and FL and TX.

PR is an ISLAND. Definition - noun, a body of land completely surrounded by water where the only access is achieved by bridge, boat or air.

Well there are no bridges to PR from CONUS so that won't work. The ports are not open due to debris but the Navy has Marine landing craft bringing supplies in. The airport had ZERO electricity which means no radar help. But the airport did recently open and are allowing a few flights in and out each day.

I think you selected a pretty sound limb.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Nope. It has to be racism. When that narrative fails, people like Sap will assert that the hurricane itself was racist.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What other difference is there between PR VS Florida and Texas?

I'm not part of FEMA [I'm guessing neither are you] so I cannot tell you.

but let me think ...
1st Texas
then Florida ....
you think FEMA might be kinda busy with 2 major disasters already ...

but to assume immediate a perceived lack of progress, being broadcast on CNN means it's Racism ...
well you need to look in the mirror, but hey feel free to fly to Florida and charter a boat and do your part

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What other difference is there between PR VS Florida and Texas?

The word Contiguous have any meaning to you!??

If the Hurricane was as bad as they say (and I'm sure it is) what kind of airports are open.. EVEN if the runways are usable.. what ATC facilities are intact?? Do you know, are you talking out your ass again??

What port facilities are available? Are the Pilot's themselves available to bring ships into the port.. or do the Pilot's actually have boats available to take them to meet the ships to bring them into port?

I'm POSITIVE all the roads between here and PR have been washed out..

So do tell.. until they can help themselves enough to put SOME infrastructure in place.. and we can Marines on the ground in and in place.. what do expect anyone outside of PR to do??

itsbob

I bowl overhand

The airport has to be VERY limited as I can't imagine their ATC facilities are back up and running, though in the past we've deployed Marines with their deployable ATC systems and have opened airports up pretty quickly.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The airport has to be VERY limited as I can't imagine their ATC facilities are back up and running, though in the past we've deployed Marines with their deployable ATC systems and have opened airports up pretty quickly.

I think the number yesterday was 3 or 4 flights total.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think the number yesterday was 3 or 4 flights total.

The article I linked from military times said the number had gone way up now, and will be at 240/day shortly.

Between the Marines and the air support, the results have actually been exactly the opposite what the trolls like Sappy were trying to spew; the results are pretty impressive actually, and the governor of Puerto Rico has openly said as much.

go figger

Sapidus

You mean other than the fact that both FL and TX have very large Hispanic and Latino communities? You mean other than Puerto Rico has been governed by corrupt politicians and most of the folks there are dirt poor? You mean other than the fact that virtually the entire island is a mangled mess and you don't just jump in without first getting a good assessment of the damage? You mean aside from the fact that they are a tiny island detached from the country?

Why does everything have to boil down race for you people? When a building collapses on top of a bunch of people, you don't just jump in the middle and start pulling people out. You have to methodically remove debris to avoid making things worse. That's what their dealing with in Puerto Rico.

Yeah when people have no food and water the first priority is feeding those people. Stop changing the conversation to fixing road or removing debris. Those things come later.
The issue is not allowing foreign ships to help. What does being poor or
Corrupt have anything to do with helping people who need aid?
This is Trumps stupid way of getting back at PR for foreclosing on his piece of crap golf course.

Just like the NFL thing is his pettyness for his failure to become a NFL owner and being blacklisted form the NFL owners club.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
None of that has anything to do with blocking foreign aid.

All of it has everything to do with that. Do you breath without assistance??

A friend of mine ..a native born Puerto Rican..just sent me a video from the harbor master in the largest PR port showing 3000 containers full of relief supplies that they cannot move because of no trucks, no container crane and elevator service operators..nada...

Last edited:

Sapidus

The word Contiguous have any meaning to you!??

If the Hurricane was as bad as they say (and I'm sure it is) what kind of airports are open.. EVEN if the runways are usable.. what ATC facilities are intact?? Do you know, are you talking out your ass again??

What port facilities are available? Are the Pilot's themselves available to bring ships into the port.. or do the Pilot's actually have boats available to take them to meet the ships to bring them into port?

I'm POSITIVE all the roads between here and PR have been washed out..

So do tell.. until they can help themselves enough to put SOME infrastructure in place.. and we can Marines on the ground in and in place.. what do expect anyone outside of PR to do??

Helicopters can easily reach land from aircraft carriers docked near shore. Tenders and other small boats land directly on shore.

Blocking foreign aid is bullsh** and infrastructure is just an excuse when people
Are starving and lacking water.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Helicopters can easily reach land from aircraft carriers docked near shore. Tenders and other small boats land directly on shore.

Blocking foreign aid is bullsh** and infrastructure is just an excuse when people
Are starving and lacking water.

Who is there with helicopters and supplies to be moved with them, shortbus? Norwegian Cruise Lines? :lmao: