trying out new places to eat

Clarke's landing sucks!!! My girl and I went there last week. The food was nasty, food took forever to get to our table, half the plate was cold. the crab cakes tasted like cardboard. and on top of that the bill was 85 bucks for two people....to eat crap! The waitress was the only good thing about the place. as a matter of fact all the people who worked there were very nice. So, unless you want to hang out with nice people and eat sh!tty food go somewhere other than Clarke's.

Never had any compaints about the food, service or cleanliness.

I agree, but...............it is expensive though.

They all are. :lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Check the ride for Saturday in the motorcycle forum.
If a big crowd shows, we'll be eating at The Riverboat which is actually in Charles Co.

kgalloway

should try Teariffic, in San Souci Plaza. I have talked about it before, it is great, a little bit of a wait but totally worth the service and great food. I started a thread all about the place before because i was tired of everytime my wife and i went there, we were always the only ones in there, now it is getting busy, so i am not worried about them closing.

aanderson

I tried Chef's American Bistro on Sunday and it was GREAT! It is in San Souci real close to Asahi...right beside the bridal store. It is the chef from Tides who left to start his own restaurant. We ordered the 5 course Chef's special...very good but TONS of food. I recommend the Lobster Mac and Chesse. Their martini list is awesome also!!!

peanutman

Try Kevin Thompson's corner cafe.. behind bell motors.... food is excellent but they are only open 11-3

then you can take a nice stroll down to the new boardwalk in Leonardtown..

:drool: the crabcakes are------>:drool:

I drove down to Thompson's Cafe on Monday. I wanted to try the food (Crabcakes) and I know one of the cooks. They are closed for the next couple of days. I think until the 24th.

Oh well, I guess I have to wait til then for the crabcakes.

thurley42

HY;FR
I ate there Friday night for the first time...food was great!

it is a shame they struggle with getting people in there. I think it has to do with where they are located....the first time i went there with some friends, i was oh hell no...it is in that strip mall next to the liquor store..but once you get in it's very well decorated, clean and the food....wow.

they were doing a buffet on sundays and a huge group of us went up. They didn't set it up because they said no one comes in...but for us to call ahead when we are coming and they will do it for us...that is service!

GetFitBeHealthy

should try Teariffic, in San Souci Plaza. I have talked about it before, it is great, a little bit of a wait but totally worth the service and great food. I started a thread all about the place before because i was tired of everytime my wife and i went there, we were always the only ones in there, now it is getting busy, so i am not worried about them closing.

MMMMM, I am addicted to that place now, they are great! And always give you so much food!:drool:

I drove down to Thompson's Cafe on Monday. I wanted to try the food (Crabcakes) and I know one of the cooks. They are closed for the next couple of days. I think until the 24th.

Oh well, I guess I have to wait til then for the crabcakes.

yeah I was off work today and stopped by and saw the sign.. I was already for those crabcakes:drool:

So I drove up to mechanicsville to Thompsons seafood and bought some to bring home and cook for dinner

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I don't believe that for one minute. I've eaten at Clarke's Landing any number of times and the food was always excellent.

:yeahthat: Never had a bad meal there.

I totally agree. The food is always excellent as is the service. I went there with friends several weeks ago and ordered a filet mignon (after splitting the Bourbon scallops with someone). It was perfectly cooked to a medium rare and so tender I could cut it with my fork. Love the crab imperial too. :yum:

AiryT

I tried Chef's American Bistro on Sunday and it was GREAT! It is in San Souci real close to Asahi...right beside the bridal store. It is the chef from Tides who left to start his own restaurant. We ordered the 5 course Chef's special...very good but TONS of food. I recommend the Lobster Mac and Chesse. Their martini list is awesome also!!!

Ditto, I was there Sunday also and the food was good. It was only their second day open, so they have a few things to work out, but the food was good and our server was great.

GetFitBeHealthy

Next on my list to try.

What's the best/favorites for those who have been there? (food, not tea/smoothies)

I like the pinneapple fried frice with chickenn, my boyfriend loves the lo mein with chicken. Their won ton soup is excellent, along with the spring rolls and the pork fried dumplings.

yankee44

Ditto, I was there Sunday also and the food was good. It was only their second day open, so they have a few things to work out, but the food was good and our server was great.

My wife and I are going to try Chef's on Friday night. It looks good. Will post what I think on Monday.