TV SERVICE

BernieP

Resident PIA
We can't get Verizon where we live so we've had DirecTV for years. Tech support is quick and efficient. Price tends to go up a little too often but we rarely lose service even during storms.
Are we talking about the same DirecTV that was bought up by AT&T and I think they tossed them overboard.
Their support went to hell when AT&T picked them up. Before AT&T the call centers were spread around the US and the people were friendly and spoke English. Not some sing song script reading simpleton that you get now.
The level of misdirection has gone up as well. Quick? No, Efficient? No. Helpful? Rarely.
I hate calling them when them now.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Are we talking about the same DirecTV that was bought up by AT&T and I think they tossed them overboard.
Their support went to hell when AT&T picked them up. Before AT&T the call centers were spread around the US and the people were friendly and spoke English. Not some sing song script reading simpleton that you get now.
The level of misdirection has gone up as well. Quick? No, Efficient? No. Helpful? Rarely.
I hate calling them when them now.
I must not have had to call them since the buy out. Sorry to hear it has gotten so bad. Hopefully we won't have to call any time soon.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Not sure the 10 Gb hotspot data is enough for my streaming needs, so still looking for unlimited options.
10 gig will only get you about 10 hours of streaming if you are lucky and use lowest quality video, for HD you might get 3 to 4 hours.

ginwoman

We have had directtv for damn near 20 years. Everytime we get wind and rain, satellite goes out. The bill is constantly increasing. We are paying $170.00 p/month, no premium movie channels, just the hi-def standard package. We are seriously thinking about going back to antennae for local channels and streaming movies and shows.
DirecTV ticks me off. I hate dealing with them. They don't know their elbows from their azz-holes.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I must not have had to call them since the buy out. Sorry to hear it has gotten so bad. Hopefully we won't have to call any time soon.
Each new HW release seems to get more glitchy as well. More features, but along with it they system has more hiccups.