Twinkies

bobbyb

Twinkies are now sold by TastyKake. Bought some at Safeway the other day, they are perfect. TK calls them Dreamies. They couldn't be better. TK is also selling the chocolate cupkakes. They are also sa good as the old ones. Man did I miss them.

Not sure those are the 'new' Twinkies.

But when Twinkies return to the shelves after an absence of more than six months, it will find competition.

Flowers Foods, Inc., which purchased some of Hostess’ other assets, has its own Twinkies lookalikes. Its Blue Bird brand sells Bingles while its Mrs. Freshley label sells Dreamies cream-filled cakes. McKee Foods’ Little Debbie brand also makes its own Twinkies twin called a Cloud Cake. The name’s even trademarked.

Twinkies (the real ones) back on store shelves in July - NBC News.com

psc93

Those were a knockoff. The genuine article is still called a "twinkie" and won't be available here in the US until late next month (July).

tipsymcgee

The George Falter sales rep told me yesterday that Little Debbie had an agreement to distribute the old Hostess stuff and would be doing so soon. Mrs. Freshley's is pretty good stuff. Now if they would bring back the Choc-o-Dile.

PJay

Twinkies are now sold by TastyKake. Bought some at Safeway the other day, they are perfect. TK calls them Dreamies. They couldn't be better. TK is also selling the chocolate cupkakes. They are also sa good as the old ones. Man did I miss them.

Miss them, too. Especially the chocolate cupcakes. Tried to find a replacement, but none are as good.