Ultra Light Fishing

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
The drum are back. Had the ultra light rigs going for spot and perch then a few of these popped our lines.

Attachments

• Drum (2).jpg
    Drum (2).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 228
Congrats!!!! awesome fishing.
I use ultra light due to the muck for bowfishing , I am forced to use 6lb lines too however. I see fix as double for sneakers anyway.

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Congrats!!!! awesome fishing.
I own 4 Kuying rods. I have both Teton Trout rods, a UL and a MH/H casting rod. I am a Major craft guy but refuse to leave my high dollar rods at my cabin, so I got these. With Fuji components and a Toray blank they are on par with some M/C rods. I'm sure the SUL will be hella fun for panfish, small bass and trout. It probably will be on par with the Teton Trout spin, whose action I'm not all that fond of. It is kind of noodley.

You sound like a infomercial....

Bonehead

I got to watch my son fight and land a large skate off our dock. He fought that thing for 30 minutes...It was awesome. That skate practically doubled over a 10' heavy action rod with 30 pound braid line.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
I got to watch my son fight and land a large skate off our dock. He fought that thing for 30 minutes...It was awesome. That skate practically doubled over a 10' heavy action rod with 30 pound braid line.

:yay:

I would love to catch one on my own terms. I usually get 4-5 a year but always with a medium action (or less) rod with no more than 10lb test. Usually takes me over an hour to get them to beach only to have my line snap.

littlelady

God bless the USA

:yay:

I would love to catch one on my own terms. I usually get 4-5 a year but always with a medium action (or less) rod with no more than 10lb test. Usually takes me over an hour to get them to beach only to have my line snap.

Do y'all eat the skate, and how do y'all cook it?
I looked up skate and it said only the wings are eaten,

Last edited: