Update on Miss Teia.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Teia Honey has achieved her 21st birthday today.

DSCF0030.jpg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
She is skinny in the hind quarters, but gets were she needs to, including up on "her couch."
The 2 boy cats come and sit near her, which she is okay with, but No Touching.
She is 17 years older than them.

They sometimes eat together.

Teia_Cooper_N_Buff-2September2015-49.jpg

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Since a member of the Unofficial Semi-Famous Miss Teia Fan Club asked...

Teia-2018June20-29.JPG

Here she is, engaging in her favorite hobby.
The old dear is definitely showing her age, getting a little wobbly when she walks.
Appetite is good most days, still is fastidious about her grooming, but I do think she is winding down.

But, not doing too bad for a being who is 100 in equivalent people years.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Since a member of the Unofficial Semi-Famous Miss Teia Fan Club asked...
Here she is, engaging in her favorite hobby. The old dear is definitely showing her age, getting a little wobbly when she walks.
Appetite is good most days, still is fastidious about her grooming, but I do think she is winding down.

But, not doing too bad for a being who is 100 in equivalent people years.

Hey...
I thought I was an official member of the Miss Teia Fan Club! :lol:

What a sweet kitty she is. She definitely had her 9 lives, and then some. Go, Miss T! :huggy:

Edit: You, already, know the story about Kitty, that I found in a tree in my front yard in NOLA when I was 10. She lived a few months shy of my first born child when I was 32. The new story is my son works nights at Giant in Rockville. He went out back about 6 weeks ago and found a lone very young little boy kitty wandering around. It was amazing he wasn’t run over by the huge delivery trucks. Long story short, son took him home, named him Lucky, and they are living happily ever after. :smile:

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Hey...
I thought I was an official member of the Miss Teia Fan Club! :lol:

What a sweet kitty she is. She definitely had her 9 lives, and then some. Go, Miss T! :huggy:

You are an official member, the Club is Unofficial as Teia refuses to sign the papers. :ohwell:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Got a good picture of Buff (ginger) and Cooper (greybie).
Usually one or the other moves off as I take the picture.
DSCF0032.jpg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Had a scare with Miss Teia 1 week ago, really thought we might have to make the Final Decision. However, vet was able to help her (gut trouble, again).

She's bounced back real well, even had some of my scrambled eggs this morning. She is quite social, very fastidious about her grooming. Only hitch in the gitalong now, she's a bit stiff and it takes a little longer to lay down.

She's napping on the couch as I type. Not bad looking for a girly cat who is almost 2 months past 21.
MissTeia-2018August14-67.jpg

luvmygdaughters

Had a scare with Miss Teia 1 week ago, really thought we might have to make the Final Decision. However, vet was able to help her (gut trouble, again).

She's bounced back real well, even had some of my scrambled eggs this morning. She is quite social, very fastidious about her grooming. Only hitch in the gitalong now, she's a bit stiff and it takes a little longer to lay down.

She's napping on the couch as I type. Not bad looking for a girly cat who is almost 2 months past 21.
View attachment 124292

Beautiful! The credit goes to you for providing a safe, loving and comfortable home for her!!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Beautiful! The credit goes to you for providing a safe, loving and comfortable home for her!!

It has been a joy watching her blossom in the little over 9 years we've had her.
She came into the family, a 12 years old, fearful, former feral that hid all the time during daylight hours, and a lot of the time at night.

Now, she is out and about 24/7, loves lap time, still ventures into the backyard for some exploring...we'll give her such help as she will accept, for as long as she has.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It has been a joy watching her blossom in the little over 9 years we've had her.
She came into the family, a 12 years old, fearful, former feral that hid all the time during daylight hours, and a lot of the time at night.

Now, she is out and about 24/7, loves lap time, still ventures into the backyard for some exploring...we'll give her such help as she will accept, for as long as she has.

I have said, before, that she is a lucky kitty. Go, Miss T! :smile:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Teia is not doing too badly. Caught this image of her a few days ago just before she jumped off the couch to get a snack at her food bowl.

Teia9SEP18-09.jpg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
She had a little trouble eliminating today, but seems okay now.

Positing what her 1st 2 years on the street were like, probably had anywhere from 2 - 4 litters, was likely attacked by other cats, then she was caught by an animal abuser, from whom she was rescued before he could do more than dislocate both of her shoulders...I think she's done marvelously well.