Urgent Need

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
And that's simply poor form. Any guy who makes a move at closing time (which it wasn't, but still...) is just trying to be insulting. "What do I have to do to get you to ask me to dance, be the only woman left in the bar???"

Probably good advice...but it's too late for me now. :whistle:

Sometimes, closing time just sneaks up on ya before ya even notice. Like cheap underwear.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well my dear, if that is truly the case then you were not in his league and he had to swallow enough courage to make him think that he could be in your league. Take it as a compliment!

He said it's because there was a group of us together, male and female, and he wasn't sure who was with who. Yes, I asked. :lol:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Probably good advice...but it's too late for me now. :whistle:

Sometimes, closing time just sneaks up on ya before ya even notice. Like cheap underwear.

Now you just stop that .... you know you'll always have me :smoochy:

and just to keep you current, you can buy some of them there young fellas undies online now, and they are not cheap either!

UnderGear

Actually the catalog would be more fun for a woman to look at I suppose .... :whistle:

EDIT: or Lance?

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
He said it's because there was a group of us together, male and female, and he wasn't sure who was with who. Yes, I asked. :lol:

So he drank enough courage to deal with the possibility of rejection or a fight because you were not "alone". He was complimenting you!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Now you just stop that .... you know you'll always have me :smoochy:

and just to keep you current, you can buy some of them there young fellas undies online now, and they are not cheap either!

UnderGear

?

:killingme:killingme If a pic of me wearing those was ever taken and released..somebody would be going to jail for something, that's for sure!

But thanks anyway, sweetie. :howdy:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
:killingme:killingme If a pic of me wearing those was ever taken and released..somebody would be going to jail for something, that's for sure!

But thanks anyway, sweetie. :howdy:

You know they really OUGHT to use realistic models in those catalogs. BUT maybe when the older men put on those bikini undies, or the thongs (please tell me you never wore one, or it may spoil my image of you lol), they THINK they really look like the guy in the picture? Well let 'em think that - it may help them feel better about aging, you know?

I think that's how it is for the gals buying the Victoria Secret stuff. We may know it doesn't look quite the same on us (most of US anyway) but it can make us feel better in it.

Now make sure you update your shoe collection if you don't already own a pair of these ...

Spring Shoes for Men 2012 - Colorful Shoes for Men 2012 - Esquire

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
You know they really OUGHT to use realistic models in those catalogs. BUT maybe when the older men put on those bikini undies, or the thongs (please tell me you never wore one, or it may spoil my image of you lol), they THINK they really look like the guy in the picture? Well let 'em think that - it may help them feel better about aging, you know?

I think that's how it is for the gals buying the Victoria Secret stuff. We may know it doesn't look quite the same on us (most of US anyway) but it can make us feel better in it.

Now make sure you update your shoe collection if you don't already own a pair of these ...

:confused: What straight man wears thongs?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

It's a good thing yr not relying on your income from male fashion consulting to live on...:razz:

A "learned that lesson early" story: Some years ago I owned a well-known waterfront establishment that had a dock extending well beyong the bar and visible from most of the seating the bar. I was in the bar when a certain middle-aged fellow (whom I knew well but who shall remain nameless) decided to take a stroll down the pier in nothing but his thong. A proud feller, he was.

The comments from the various female patrons of my establishment, uttered to themselves or others nearby, upon viewing this spectacle of manhood on parade, have remained forever seared in to my pea brain.

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
It's a good thing yr not relying on your income from male fashion consulting to live on...:razz:

A "learned that lesson early" story: Some years ago I owned a well-known waterfront establishment that had a dock extending well beyong the bar and visible from most of the seating the bar. I was in the bar when a certain middle-aged fellow (whom I knew well but who shall remain nameless) decided to take a stroll down the pier in nothing but his thong. A proud feller, he was.

The comments from the various female patrons of my establishment, uttered to themselves or others nearby, upon viewing this spectacle of manhood on parade, have remained forever seared in to my pea brain.

I think the rule of thumb should be, if you look good in it, wear it, however none of us can agree as to what looks good most of the time, but we usually agree on what doesn't LOL

SamSpade

A woman is sitting in Red Robin having dinner with two children, let's call them in the 6-8 year old range. Would you slip her a sugar packet?

Assuming I was single - or to answer as me before I was married...

No. But for a different reason.

My experience dating single moms were always struggles and I'd have to know the woman a lot more to want to pursue it - I found there was never time, there were so many things you just couldn't do, lots of time conflicts - it was just exasperating, even when she wanted to make time for me.

And every one was different, but as you say, carried "baggage". As in, some you soon realized you would always be a very distant second to their child no matter how far it went. Another, irritating battles with the ex over the children. And then you had to figure in whether or not the kids even liked you - or maybe they liked you a LOT.

I could go on, but - for me - this was something in my mind I'd usually say "pass, at least for now". It would have been very different had it been, for example a girlfriend I had many years ago where I got to know her very well from my job before we even went out. Asking her out on a date was easy, although in retrospect she was working on me long before I realized it.

I suspect that a man who is good with children - that are his own - may appeal to some women because all too often men show a general lack of interest in them. It probably evokes the sense that a man who is kind to children who love him will probably be a good family man.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My experience dating single moms were always struggles and I'd have to know the woman a lot more to want to pursue it - I found there was never time, there were so many things you just couldn't do, lots of time conflicts - it was just exasperating, even when she wanted to make time for me.

And every one was different, but as you say, carried "baggage". As in, some you soon realized you would always be a very distant second to their child no matter how far it went. Another, irritating battles with the ex over the children. And then you had to figure in whether or not the kids even liked you - or maybe they liked you a LOT.

Thank you for your honesty. :yay: