US Trucker's may go on strike !

R

RadioPatrol

Larry, I'd like to agree with you, but when oil prices go up, Mr. Gas Station Owner shouldn't raise the price until he runs out of that tank of gasoline. Instead, prices jump up right away.

MR Gas Station Owner has to buy the next fill up @ the higher prices before you start paying yours .....

also IMHO, a majority of stations are Company Owned .... so Corp Sets the Prices .....

and stations are lucky to make 1 or 2 cents a gallon .... why do you thing so many converted to Quickie Marts .... Selling GAS will not keep the station open

R

RadioPatrol

so, My way to fix it, and would not be popular to others, would be to subsidize the truckers fuel with dollars currently being spent in foreign aid.

maybe if we hit the world where it hurts right back, they will reduce the cost of a barrel to us.

Nice Idea ....... pull back the Foreign Aid Money .... do we really need to give the Towel Heads in Egypt Money .......

R

RadioPatrol

Another reason stated was because 'demand is down' for gas! DAMN! If you SAVE gas you PAY! If you DON'T SAVE gas you
PAY!

ASK Politicians in Oregon that want to put GPS Trackers in cars because the state is losing money due to fuel Efficient Vehicles ....

FYI - I heard that Trains are going to make a come back for Freight dues to rising fuel prices .... wouldn't that be grand ...

:whistle:

D

Dixie

I personally don't think that there are that many people out there that think we're paying too much for gas. I live south of the base. Ten miles further down than I live you hit Point Lookout - there's no where to go after Point Lookout - yet day after day - I'm doing a few miles over 50 and there are cars and SUVs lined up behind me right on my bumper, foaming at the mouth to get by. And when they do - they've got to be doing anywhere from 10 to 20 miles over the limit. For what????? To save five minutes?

Maybe it's just the media or some big gas conspiracy but I heard back when there were gas lines and odd and even gas fillup days that doing the limit, slowing down will save you on gas. In my case I find that to be true - when I do what's right - my tank lasts longer. Yesterday I went to Cooks to fill up. On the way to Cooks, this shiny, (looked) new big ass truck passed me in the 40 mile zone, double yellow lines. Not two minutes later I pulled in behind him at the pump at Cooks. Nice guy, griped at me the whole time about the price of gas, how much it cost to fill up his truck, at this rate he was going to have to start driving his car......gee ya think?

JustTodd

Zoom Zoom Zoom
I personally don't think that there are that many people out there that think we're paying too much for gas. I live south of the base. Ten miles further down than I live you hit Point Lookout - there's no where to go after Point Lookout - yet day after day - I'm doing a few miles over 50 and there are cars and SUVs lined up behind me right on my bumper, foaming at the mouth to get by. And when they do - they've got to be doing anywhere from 10 to 20 miles over the limit. For what????? To save five minutes?

Sounds like the same bunch that pass me every day :lmao:

I must be a little further down since PL is about 7 miles from me.

Talk of the strike has been unfolding on Raw Dog Trucking located on SIRIUS ch. 147 Some very interesting views being expressed.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Well, it affects all of us in some way - rising grocery prices, etc.

I wish that we could fight the oil companies in some fashion but we have all become prostitutes for the oil company pimps...
actually the issue of market manipulation by futures traders was raised recently. For years now we keep getting a variety of reasons why the price for a barrel of oil had gone up, intability in middle east, hurricane in the gulf, the weak dollar, the infected toe of some camel on the Arabian penninsula..... it all comes back to the market.

Tomcat

Anytime
I thought desial fuel was cheaper to make and refine. Why does it cost more?

:yeahthat: Diesel is almost the same as home heating oil (you could burn diesel at home or home oil in your diesel) Isn't hard to figure out that big oil companies are out to screw us all.

Cowgirl

:yeahthat: Diesel is almost the same as home heating oil (you could burn diesel at home or home oil in your diesel) Isn't hard to figure out that big oil companies are out to screw us all.

We burn off-road diesel in our place.