VA tech

truby20

Fighting like a girl
janey83 said:
I seriously doubt it's him. Read the LJ comments.

I did read the comments, I was just passing along internet gossip. I think there is at least some possibility that this is him, did you read the xanga posts?

It is possible that someone else has his livejournal password or he remained logged in or cached on another system. In any case I'm sure we'll find out if this was him or not in a few days.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
truby20 said:
I did read the comments, I was just passing along internet gossip. I think there is at least some possibility that this is him, did you read the xanga posts?

It is possible that someone else has his livejournal password or he remained logged in or cached on another system. In any case I'm sure we'll find out if this was him or not in a few days.

Blah, ok ok it really seems that this isn't the guy (I've been poking around some more).

wonder how this guy will handle the celebrity...

Otter

Nothing to see here
truby20 said:

:yeahthat: All that stuff was on FreeRepublic about an hour before she posted. And we know that Truby is not a freeper.

ylexot

Super Genius
truby20 said:

I'd be willing to bet that it's not him. With the weapons he has, he wouldn't use a pair of 9mm's...that H&K would be the weapon of choice if he were to do something like this. He also seems to prefer long guns.

janey83

Twenty Something
Well, here's my $0.02:

I was watching the press conference on CNN earlier and the dean mentioned the ID Card access system to the dorms. The dorms are closed at night, and you must have an ID Card to gain access in, or wait until 7am, when the system is unlocked, and anyone can get in. The 1st shooting took place around this time, so the shooter might have been a student, or at least lived in the dorms not too long beforehand. He had to have known how the system worked, and waited to get access in. Plus, he had to have had some idea as to how the campus was laid out, or be somewhat familiar with it. It's very close to the end of the semester, so something makes me think that this guy just snapped. I really wonder....

M

missperky

BlackSheep said:
My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of these victims, and members of the extended Virginia Tech community
:yeahthat:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Other college campus's and communities are offering support for VT in any way possible.:patriot: It's too bad that it takes some of the worst to bring out some of the best.

SMCM Acting Dean of Students said:
To the community:

The St. Mary’s College community was stunned to hear of the tragic events on the Virginia Tech campus, and now looks to express concern and support for the victims and survivors of this horrific event. Our community will be gathering at the campus center at noon tomorrow (Tuesday, April 17) to show support for the students, faculty, staff, and parents of Virginia Tech. The gathering will begin at 12:00 p.m. and will include an opportunity to sign a banner that we will share with the Virginia Tech community at a later date. At 12:15 p.m. we will have a moment of silence which will conclude with the ringing of the campus bell. Our gathering will coincide with the convocation that will be occurring at the same time at Virginia Tech and will be our way of expressing support for their campus community.

BlackSheep

My $.02

Every single time some twisted individual snaps and uses firearms to cause a senseless tragedy such as this, every bleeding heart liberal, vegan, or self-righteous, anti-NRA individual, or political association looking for donations wants to blame it on our "lax" gun laws.

What do you think would have happened if this person didn't have the proper documentation to purchase a weapon legally? Ahh... buy one off the street, maybe? Make a bomb which, I would guess would be as simple as accessing the Internet for the plans and your local Wal-Mart for the ingredients? And how do you suppose that would have gone. Most likely not much different than it has and surely much worse.

The bottom line is there are always going to be people hell bent on this kind of brutality and "Tougher Gun Laws" are not going to change that. Criminals will always have access to guns. Nutcases will always find ways to kill innocent people.

Don't get me wrong, I do not own guns and never will. But it must stay our individual right to choose to have one (or more than one) or not.

My heart goes out to the individuals involved in this tragedy & the families of those dead. We need to dig deeper to find a solution to possible tragedies such as this in the future and the same ol' "Tougher Gun Laws" dialog is not that solution.

I'm done now-

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'll tell you what I hate most of all:

They keep showing the photo of paramedics carrying that dead kid out. I keep thinking about his mother and father seeing that photo over and over. It doesn't mean anything to the new dudes except for ratings, but a set of parents somewhere are sick at the sight of it.

It about makes me vomit.

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
Larry Gude said:
Jan. 31, 2007

I'm sure this is going to rub alot of people the wrong way, but, a disarmed society is a victim society. People WILL do evil things and WILL break laws. It's only worse when we won't allow ourselves the right to protect ourselves.

:high5: :yeahthat:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
BuddyLee said:
Other college campus's and communities are offering support for VT in any way possible.:patriot: It's too bad that it takes some of the worst to bring out some of the best.
If you sign the banner, don't forget to mention VA House bill 1572