Vegetarian comfort meals

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maybe trade up? Like Lovin', I use my toaster oven all the time in lieu of my regular oven. I bake deserts in it, make quiche, baked chicken, casseroles.......

Footprint and PITA factor. If I can find a small toaster oven that puts out, I'll replace the one we have.

Bonehead

I have a camping oven designed for a single gas burner. I use it in our travel trailer vs the installed oven frequently, works well. As far as food ever had cauliflower mash with sour cream and chives ? Very good.

lovinmaryland

Thank you for reminding me of that - it needs to go in our meal rotation because we both love it so very very much.

If you like cauliflower have your tried it riced? They sell it in stores (I know giant and Costco have it) I've used it for fried rice and it was good.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you like cauliflower have your tried it riced? They sell it in stores (I know giant and Costco have it) I've used it for fried rice and it was good.

I haven't tried it yet but I want to. They have riced cauliflower at Target and I keep meaning to buy some.

I'm writing down all these suggestions in my rule book (as in, it rules my life), so please continue to share!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Vegan comfort food has the same ring to me as phrases like "classic rap" or "Actor Ben Affleck"

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I make a cauliflower puree that I know Vrai didn't care for. Add a bit more cream and it could be cream of cauliflower soup. I like it and make it when I can. And if some people want to snub their noses at it nanny nanny boo boo.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I make a cauliflower puree that I know Vrai didn't care for. Add a bit more cream and it could be cream of cauliflower soup. I like it and make it when I can. And if some people want to snub their noses at it nanny nanny boo boo.

:lmao:

I don't know why this made me laugh out loud, but it did!

belvak

Happy Camper
We have a toaster oven, but it's more appropriate to being a toaster and not an oven. Everything we've tried to "bake" in it gets ruined because it doesn't get hot enough. For little things, okay, but for real baking it's too dumb. The crockpot or grill is a much better option.

I was going to suggest the good old crockpot! There are tons of neat crockpot recipes available on the interwebs now for things that are usually thought of as "oven cooked". I have to admit that I've been tempted a time or to, but still haven't tried any. Hubby is pretty much a "stick in the mud, meat n' taters" and oven baked kind of guy!