Verizon land lines

KDENISE977

Does anyone else have problems with their home phone? I can't dial out or receive calls today. I've called my own home phone with my cell and it says "we're sorry due to telephone company facility problems....." ???? I'm in the Hughesville/Charlotte Hall area.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
1-800-837-4966 Do NOT say or press anything! Eventually a human will come on the line and you can ask them about the issue.

I got rid of my landline years ago. Unnecessary expense.

dave1959

Does anyone else have problems with their home phone? I can't dial out or receive calls today. I've called my own home phone with my cell and it says "we're sorry due to telephone company facility problems....." ???? I'm in the Hughesville/Charlotte Hall area.

Did you pay your bill..??

TPD

the poor dad
I discovered that one of my landlines had no dial tone. I called Verizon on Monday afternoon to report the problem. By Tuesday afternoon, less than 24 hours later, a repairman came out and fixed the problem. This is the quickest service I have ever had from Verizon.

I will be the last person on earth with a landline - I do not like the sound quality of a cell, nor the intrusiveness of it.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I discovered that one of my landlines had no dial tone. I called Verizon on Monday afternoon to report the problem. By Tuesday afternoon, less than 24 hours later, a repairman came out and fixed the problem. This is the quickest service I have ever had from Verizon.

I will be the last person on earth with a landline - I do not like the sound quality of a cell, nor the intrusiveness of it.

So, you're not a "serial texter" either?

Gargoyle

To update cell phone, dial *228 , then option 2. Just wait a couple of minutes. Then phone will be updated with new towers.

DEEKAYPEE8569

If 500 texts per month is serial, then I am guilty. I could do without.

Thing is, many people don't like having TWO phone bills, so they get rid of their land line. Other's do that because they always use their cell phones; either to actually talk, or text. Any more, having a land line is just an unnecessary expense for something that hardly gets used.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Thing is, many people don't like having TWO phone bills, so they get rid of their land line. Other's do that because they always use their cell phones; either to actually talk, or text. Any more, having a land line is just an unnecessary expense for something that hardly gets used.

You are very annoying and I think you are a F****** Idiot.

DEEKAYPEE8569

You are very annoying and I think you are a F****** Idiot.

:biggrin: You know what there DoWhat? If you ACTUALLY thought, HALF as much as you say you do, you'd be TWICE as smart.

And.....if you think I'm so annoying and I'm such a F****** idiot, put me on iggy. Problem solved. YW

Last edited:

KDENISE977

Is it possible to have Direct TV with no landline..if so, enlighten me because I hate having a land line. The phone never works and when people call, after about 5 rings it sounds like a fax machine has picked up AND WE HAVE NO FAX MACHINE... this is a PERMANENT problem and Verizon said they would prob. charge a couple of hundred dollars to DIAGNOSE the problem?!?! This has gone on for 2 years now. SO, like I said, if anyone knows of a way to have Direct TV and no land line I'D LOVE IT !!!

Is it possible to have Direct TV with no landline..if so, enlighten me because I hate having a land line. The phone never works and when people call, after about 5 rings it sounds like a fax machine has picked up AND WE HAVE NO FAX MACHINE... this is a PERMANENT problem and Verizon said they would prob. charge a couple of hundred dollars to DIAGNOSE the problem?!?! This has gone on for 2 years now. SO, like I said, if anyone knows of a way to have Direct TV and no land line I'D LOVE IT !!!

It could only be 3 things: the DirectTV diagnostic port is answering the line (unplug the phone wire from the DirecTV and see if it stops), or you have a phone line plugged into your computer modem port. Those modem ports have FAX capability...., or you have a phone line plugged into your printer that has FAX capability.

Pete

Repete

I have had Direct TV for 6 years with no land line. Only issue is you cannot order PPV using the onscreen menu. You have to do it online through their website.

KDENISE977

It could only be 3 things: the DirectTV diagnostic port is answering the line (unplug the phone wire from the DirecTV and see if it stops), or you have a phone line plugged into your computer modem port. Those modem ports have FAX capability...., or you have a phone line plugged into your printer that has FAX capability.

WOW... I"m going to have to try these (or should I say have my husband try them :)

THANK YOU !!!!!! :buddies:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

I have DTV and don't have my land line hooked into it.