Violent Criminals

A person commits a violent crime (rape, murder, child molestation, etc.):

• They're ALL mentally unstable and should get the chair.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • They're ALL mentally unstable and should go to an institution.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're ALL nuts, but I don't believe in the death penalty so they should get a life prison term.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some are truly mentally unstable and those should go to an institution; others should get the chair.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Some are truly mentally unstable and those should go to an institution; others should a life sentenc

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other/Explain.

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

darkriver4362

Originally posted by dustin
I had an idea for a new type of prison...came up with this on last deployment...

Instead of decommisioning an aircraft carrier (not nukes) or other large ship (oceanliners, cargo ships, etc.) we should turn them into floating prisons. Just dissasemble the drive compenents and steering, but leave the engines in for a power source. Tow them out to sea, and drop anchor. It doesnt have to be very far out, 10 miles would do. Then just haul the prisoners out there. They could run their own galley, laundry, and everything else. For work, they could keep up the ship, repairing and the like. Using the prisoners for any type of work which wouldnt pose a security risk (i.e. divers)

I thought the aircraft carrier would be the ideal platform because it has the huge flight deck (exercise area) along with the hanger bay. Then you already have all the bunkroom setup along with the galley and laundry. and for the trouble makers, the brig is already installed as well...maybe it could be expanded...

This wouldnt be practical for a maximum security mind you, but you could let the prisoners run loose around the ship...where are they gonna go right?

:cheers: :cheers: I like that idea...When they decommision a carrier or ship it just sits in the reserve fleet or something like that and rots doesn't it? Put it to good use!