Vrai? Otter? Catt? Sparx?? ST??

SmallTown

Football season!
Ken King said:
That many didn't clap loudly, but quite a few gave an "oohrah" after the question was asked, which I am sure was done to signify that they wished they had the "stones' to ask it. As covered already we don't have every single piece of equipment armor plated nor is it realistic to do so. This is war, we will lose people, we don't like it, wish we could protect everyone, but that too is unrealistic. Why don't you recommend to Rummy that they get the Starwar Stormtrooper outfit like in your avatar, after all it worked pretty good in the movies?
See the question and response yourself. Video on the right of the page.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6676765/

Sparx

Saturday morning Fox News had a guy on that was a representative of one of the two companies (his number) that makes the retrofit armour for the hummers they have over there. He claimed their company told the government months ago that they were only at 50% production of the armour they could be producing. No reply from the DOD procurement dept.
Whats up with that?

Julliete Huddys fishnet stockings and short skirt looked GREAT though....lol.

D

dems4me

Sparx said:
Saturday morning Fox News had a guy on that was a representative of one of the two companies (his number) that makes the retrofit armour for the hummers they have over there. He claimed their company told the government months ago that they were only at 50% production of the armour they could be producing. No reply from the DOD procurement dept.
Whats up with that?

Julliete Huddys fishnet stockings and short skirt looked GREAT though....lol.

:howdy: :love: :howdy:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
dems4me said:
... can you please expend the energy to say 8 good things about the dem party...

They aren't in the White House.

They won't be in the White House another four years.

They aren't in the White House..

They won't be in the White House another four year.

They aren't in the White House.

They won't be in the White House another four years.

:cheers:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
SmallTown said:
he thinks everything is fine:

"You go to war with the Army you have, not the Army you might want or wish to have."

Strange words from the defense secretary who oversees the best trained and best equiped soldiers in the world. Or at least we thought they were the best equiped.

It is obvious you haven't listened to the ENTIRE video of the Q&A.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Sparx said:
Whats up with that?

But the CEO of the company said on Monday that the preceding announcement was not COMPLETELY accurate. The company would have to retool and it would take until February to get its production up to the speed the LIBERALS want to scream was available all the time (if only those DAMN REPUBLICANS hadn't screwed up the planning while Clinton was President and in charge of the Department of Defense!)

PrepH4U

dems4me said:
Well it could be rocket science if I don't know anyone over there... which I DON'T. That's why I was asking -- I know Vrai has a son over there and that's it. I was hoping someone would pm me and give me the name and address of a relative or something over there. I was just trying to help :shrug: :frown: Excuse me for trying to be thoughtful so close to the Holidays :ohwell:
:frown:
It's nice you were being thoughtful for Christmas, but for them to receive it before Christmas has passed. But if you just want an address of a soldier to send it to, members of the military have listed their mailing address and they take care of the division they are representing. You can go to www.anysoldier.com
Click on the tab that says where to send, then click on each individuals name and you will see what they need. That site was started by a Dad of a soldier from LaPlata who was serving in Iraq. Now he himself is helping with it. They have been recognized nationally and are also listed on the defend america website.

SmallTown

Football season!
Lenny said:
It is obvious you haven't listened to the ENTIRE video of the Q&A.
I have seen what was on TV and the video captures on the net. If there is more to it, please post a link. TIA

SmallTown

Football season!
Lenny said:
This is gonna be tough since you'll have to read the whole transcript. Couldn't find a film clip that was LIBERALLY-EDITED!

Try http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/2004/tr20041208-secdef1761.html
Well, I'm confused. The piece you quoted in my response awhile back is in this transcript, and it wasn't taken out of context. So what was your point with this?
Oh I get it. To show more examples of why rumsfeld won't do another live Q&A with soldiers.

Q: Yes, sir. I was wanting to know why I cannot enlist as a single parent in the regular Army, but I can enlist in the National Guard and be deployed?

SEC. RUMSFELD: I don’t have the vaguest idea. But by golly, we’re looking for folks in the Army. You ought to be able to enlist in the Army and I’ll try and figure out how in the world you ought to be able to do it. [Applause] We want people who want to serve and we’ve got ‘em and God bless you for it. Yes.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
SmallTown said:
Oh I get it. To show more examples of why rumsfeld won't do another live Q&A with soldiers.

I'll not parse individual statements (like an impeached and disbarred previous president) to try to skirt the bigger issue. The point is that Rumsfeld was honest and complete in his handling of this specific question and the entire town hall meeting. The Pentagon has been aware of the Up-Armor Humvee issue for some time and the solution was being initiated before the town-hall meeting in Kuwait.

:patriot: