Waitressing in California

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Dear Karma Giver,
I used to work there.
:boo:,
Socki

how long ago? you know that Lenny doesn't own it anymore right? (and as far as i knew he was nice lol). I think his son owns it now. granted...i wouldn't suggest it as a place to serve cuz they don't do too much business besides the sunday brunch as far as i know. Got a friend that works there and he does two jobs so it can't be that great lol.

I used to work at Outback a few years ago, the one in Waldorf, not California. You wouldnt run into this problem there as the amount a server has to tip out to the bartenders and bussers is based on sales. There is no discretion what so ever. When you did your bag at the end of the night, you had to include tip out in there and headwait checks all the bags to make sure everything is right. It would suck because sometimes, as it being ghetto waldorf, when a table would leave you like 2 dollars on a check for 120 or they just wouldnt tip at all, it was like you were paying for them to eat in your section and run your ass.

As for the drama mention in Cheeseburger in Paradise, plenty of that in Outback as well.

yeah, i think everything under the OSI company is the same way but i could be wrong. this way of dividing tip share works out so much better than how someone mentioned that solomon's does it. The way CIP, outback, ect does it is the fairest way for everyone really.

sockgirl77

how long ago? you know that Lenny doesn't own it anymore right? (and as far as i knew he was nice lol). I think his son owns it now. granted...i wouldn't suggest it as a place to serve cuz they don't do too much business besides the sunday brunch as far as i know. Got a friend that works there and he does two jobs so it can't be that great lol.

I worked there 12 years ago and Danny and Robin Rebarchick owned it then. I'm assuming that they still do. :shrug: