Wallpaper

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
This is the wallpaper and border in my bathroom. :twitch:

20180310_081340.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
Christ, lady, there should been a trigger warning like FB does with graphic images............. :) Eye+bleach_28c5e7_3635708.jpg

frequentflier

happy to be living
The house we bought 3 years ago was loaded with wallpaper. Countless hours of trying to remove it and even paying someone to help. We tried every method...and did gouge some of the walls. In the end, it was easier to pay someone to cover with new drywall and I wish I had considered that from the beginning.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
30 year old paper - most likely glued on :faint: They have good paint out with primer that should cover that up. I have done it and nobody knows not even my husband. :lol:
I never told him I painted the paper in our bedroom. My youngest son and I tried to remove it and it came off like a sticker. We used plaster to make the area we tried to get off flat, sanded and painted. My husband walked in and said "I cannot believe you got all that off." :whistle:

I said "yeah looks nice huh?" :lol:

Good luck!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I still haven't tackled my bathroom and may just try to paint over it. May try to at least remove the border first so it is smoother.

But now a few new questions. There is a wall in the dining room where an attempt was made to remove the paper but there are some pretty big swaths left with jagged edges and lines now showing where they outlined where the paper was to be placed. Do I: (a) attempt to remove the remaining wallpaper, (b) sand the rough edges of what's left then paint over, or (c) something else?

Also, another wall was painted a deep red then a partial attempt made to use black stain (?) to make it look antique-y is my best guess. That has got to go! So should I use a primer then paint over it, or will a good coverage one-coat paint like the one I see advertised by Behr work?

TIA!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I still haven't tackled my bathroom and may just try to paint over it. May try to at least remove the border first so it is smoother.

But now a few new questions. There is a wall in the dining room where an attempt was made to remove the paper but there are some pretty big swaths left with jagged edges and lines now showing where they outlined where the paper was to be placed. Do I: (a) attempt to remove the remaining wallpaper, (b) sand the rough edges of what's left then paint over, or (c) something else?

Also, another wall was painted a deep red then a partial attempt made to use black stain (?) to make it look antique-y is my best guess. That has got to go! So should I use a primer then paint over it, or will a good coverage one-coat paint like the one I see advertised by Behr work?

TIA!

After seeing it last weekend, you should paint it to make it look like a cave! :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
ED ZACHARY!!! :lmao:

Don't think the roomie would appreciate it. :lol: BTW, the feta is delish and went well with the Nick's fennel sausage I picked up. :yum:

P.S. I packed my crab knife in my purse this morning. See you in a couple of hours!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Don't think the roomie would appreciate it. :lol: BTW, the feta is delish and went well with the Nick's fennel sausage I picked up. :yum:

P.S. I packed my crab knife in my purse this morning. See you in a couple of hours!

I am now spoiled on imported Feta now. :lol:

See you in 2! :howdy: