Walmart changing shopping process to encourage social distancing starting Saturday, 4/4/2020

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Regulating Store Entry

Starting Saturday, we will limit the number of customers who can be in a store at once. Stores will now allow no more than five customers for each 1,000 square feet at a given time, roughly 20 percent of a store’s capacity.

To manage this restriction, the associates at a store will mark a queue at a single-entry door (in most cases the Grocery entrance) and direct arriving customers there, where they will be admitted one-by-one and counted. Associates and signage will remind customers of the importance of social distancing while they’re waiting to enter a store – especially before it opens in the morning.

Once a store reaches its capacity, customers will be admitted inside on a “1-out-1-in” basis.

More changes outlined in the article below.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They did this at one of the HEBs here - only 50 people in the store at a time. It was surreal standing in line to get into the grocery store, then picking through the nearly empty shelves.

Grumpy

I had the ballast go in the overhead light in my home office yesterday and had to run up to Home Depot to pick up a new fixture. I am not sure how many folks they were letting in but the line to get in was 200 yards long, with 6 foot spacers. Line moved quickly, appeared that people knew what they wanted and got in and out without browsing. Held me up for about 20 minutes.

Scat

I had the ballast go in the overhead light in my home office yesterday and had to run up to Home Depot to pick up a new fixture. I am not sure how many folks they were letting in but the line to get in was 200 yards long, with 6 foot spacers. Line moved quickly, appeared that people knew what they wanted and got in and out without browsing. Held me up for about 20 minutes.
Tit for tat, I would say you chose to go instead of merely plugging in a desk/table/flood light.

ginwoman

More changes outlined in the article below.

Hopefully people will leave their kids at home when they go shopping

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The good thing about Lowe’s and HD is that you can go on their websites, shop “your” local store and get the almost* exact location of where to find the item. HUGE timesaver.

Grumpy

The good thing about Lowe’s and HD is that you can go on their websites, shop “your” local store and get the almost* exact location of where to find the item. HUGE timesaver.
I ordered and paid for it online, last fixture of it's type in the building, just had to pick it up at customer service. Even tho customer service was right inside the door, I still had to wait in line..no big deal, was fun conversing with others that weren't family..:lol: Saw about 10% of the people there wearing masks, guess that number will rise in the coming days/weeks.

**Replaced a florescent 2x2 fixture with an LED fixture..wow, what a difference. Gonna replace all my ceiling lighting in my basement with LEDs

awpitt

Main Streeter
Navy Federal is already doing the "one person out - one person in" thing and the have the outside marked with tape at six feet increments. Best Buy won't let people in. You have to tell the e,employee what you want and they get it for you.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
**Replaced a florescent 2x2 fixture with an LED fixture..wow, what a difference. Gonna replace all my ceiling lighting in my basement with LEDs

A way to get a few free from Smeco.