WARNING! Dangerous prank. Don't fall for it... I did.

hitchicken

I'm North bound on 3 lane rte 235 when the school bus directly in front of me flashes yellow lights... so I prepare to stop. The red lights come on and all the cars on the N side halt. An arm appears from the open window of the school bus and starts 'waving us past' and pointing to the outer lane. I fell for it. I pulled to the outer lane and drove past.

As soon as I did, I realized I had made a mistake. It was not the bus driver making the motion, but some kid seated a little further back. I fell for it and probably got my picture took. I know I should have ignored the waving and held my position, but me and another car didn't.

After I got the bus number, I pulled over and called the police. Some kid waving cars passed a stopped school bus is a very dangerous situation. Unloading kids could be hurt or worse. Fortunately, I believe the newly installed bus camera will pick up the kid's arm. If not, I have my own dashcam that recorded the whole ugly prank. I probably deserve the ticket. I should not have let this little moron override my own judgment.

The school bus number is 284. It was last seen North bound on 235 in California. DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO APPARENT MOTIONS BEING MADE IN THE PROXIMITY OF THE DRIVER'S WINDOW. It's a dangerous prank that could lead to big trouble.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I'm North bound on 3 lane rte 235 when the school bus directly in front of me flashes yellow lights... so I prepare to stop. The red lights come on and all the cars on the N side halt. An arm appears from the open window of the school bus and starts 'waving us past' and pointing to the outer lane. I fell for it. I pulled to the outer lane and drove past.

As soon as I did, I realized I had made a mistake. It was not the bus driver making the motion, but some kid seated a little further back. I fell for it and probably got my picture took. I know I should have ignored the waving and held my position, but me and another car didn't.

After I got the bus number, I pulled over and called the police. Some kid waving cars passed a stopped school bus is a very dangerous situation. Unloading kids could be hurt or worse. Fortunately, I believe the newly installed bus camera will pick up the kid's arm. If not, I have my own dashcam that recorded the whole ugly prank. I probably deserve the ticket. I should not have let this little moron override my own judgment.

The school bus number is 284. It was last seen North bound on 235 in California. DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO APPARENT MOTIONS BEING MADE IN THE PROXIMITY OF THE DRIVER'S WINDOW. It's a dangerous prank that could lead to big trouble.
Good on ya!! :clap:

Stavrose

Good on ya!! :clap:

Good job calling the cops. I'm sure the judge or even law inforcement will cut you a break.
Quick question. I didn't know dash cams where legal in Maryland because of the wiretapping laws. The Maryland police don't like being video and audio recorded. I'm just guessing the dash cam allows for audio.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
You can't?

apparently not at Stt Mary's Hospital. man friend's niece just had a baby on September 4th they knew it would probably be her last so they wanted to video tape it they told them to put the phone away that they are not allowed to videotape it because its a liability issue. Im sorry but if im giving birth and the doctor fuxks up i want proof..

MMM_donuts

Yeah, videotaping births is something that each provider decides whether they'll allow. Many don't and liability is exactly what they'll cite.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Quick question. I didn't know dash cams where legal in Maryland because of the wiretapping laws. The Maryland police don't like being video and audio recorded. I'm just guessing the dash cam allows for audio.

Video recording in public places is legal everywhere (and so that includes dashcams) ....audio recording can, in some circumstances, require prior notification and consent of the recorded party(s).

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Good job calling the cops. I'm sure the judge or even law inforcement will cut you a break.

Wiretap laws in Maryland prohibit the recording of telephone calls if both parties are not informed. Dashcams don't count especially if they aren't recording sound of a cop who believes there are wiretap prohibitions of them doing something stupid.

EDIT: What he said above.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yeah, videotaping births is something that each provider decides whether they'll allow. Many don't and liability is exactly what they'll cite.

I can believe that. I don't recall anyone making any fuss about that 30 years ago....and the size of the video cameras was monstrous back then too; had to rest 'em on your shoulder.

Sign of the times, I guess.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
apparently not at Stt Mary's Hospital. man friend's niece just had a baby on September 4th they knew it would probably be her last so they wanted to video tape it they told them to put the phone away that they are not allowed to videotape it because its a liability issue. Im sorry but if having giving birth and the doctor fuxks up i want proof..

I did not know that. The thought of delivering my daughter and having a camera recording that never crossed my mind. That's the last place I would want a camera aimed. I was more concerned about turning the effing Sally Jesse Raphael show off! :lol:

hitchicken

Stavrose: Good job calling the cops. I'm sure the judge or even law inforcement will cut you a break.

Almost all dashcams record audio nowadays. Legal? I don't know and I don't ask. I just keep taping. The school buses do it: why can't I? As far as recording when a cop stops me.... I turn the thing off. I clearly remember 1 day when a officer stopped me for speeding and asked me to turn my radar detector off because neither one of us could hear each other over the screams of the detector. He had left his radar on.

Stavrose

Stavrose: Good job calling the cops. I'm sure the judge or even law inforcement will cut you a break.

Almost all dashcams record audio nowadays. Legal? I don't know and I don't ask. I just keep taping. The school buses do it: why can't I? As far as recording when a cop stops me.... I turn the thing off. I clearly remember 1 day when a officer stopped me for speeding and asked me to turn my radar detector off because neither one of us could hear each other over the screams of the detector. He had left his radar on.

I totally agree with you. I just remember that biker facing felony charges for a helmet cam when the off duty cop pulled his gun out before he identified himself

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I totally agree with you. I just remember that biker facing felony charges for a helmet cam when the off duty cop pulled his gun out before he identified himself

And thats what i have a problem with. You catch on video someone doing somthing wrong and your the bad guy.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

That case was thrown out by the courts. But cops still believe they are immune from observation and evidence gathering while they 'to their thing' to the taxpayers.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I just remember that biker facing felony charges for a helmet cam when the off duty cop pulled his gun out before he identified himself

I'm not aware of a single instance (MD or otherwise) where any charges stuck for someone recording police. There have been numerous cases where the cops objected or demanded the recording be stopped where the cop was later found to be in error and way off base. There have been so many of the latter that you would think all departments would have finally gotten the message that they need to send down some guidance to all their folks on the street.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I did not know that. The thought of delivering my daughter and having a camera recording that never crossed my mind. That's the last place I would want a camera aimed. I was more concerned about turning the effing Sally Jesse Raphael show off! :lol:

From the dad view of what was going on, that's the last thing I would want a tape of. I do my best to foget it, and I damn sure wouldn't want to be reminded of it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
From the dad view of what was going on, that's the last thing I would want a tape of. .

That's me too. But I remember, back in the day, some of our friends bragging about getting that on video as if they had managed to tape the second coming. LOL...I wonder if they ever went back and watched those. Or showed them to anyone else...

BernieP

Resident PIA
That case was thrown out by the courts. But "the state" still believe they are immune from observation and evidence gathering while they 'to their thing' to the taxpayers.

fixed, it's not just the police, it's the entire government, the people who deal with people, who feel they need to be protected.
Try recording an interview with the IRS. Or closer to home, if DCPS were to call you in for an "interview", record that. I think you would find out in both cases the meeting would not end well for you.

Hospital rules are probably done for the same reason.

They are all covering their butts from the potential lawsuit.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
From the dad view of what was going on, that's the last thing I would want a tape of. I do my best to foget it, and I damn sure wouldn't want to be reminded of it.

Husband took one quick look and had to sit down. He was done. :lol: