Wash that salt off your car this weekend

Couple of Tips:

If you use the Chesldyne car wash, and you only need to get the salt off, not the whole car wash inside/outside deal, get in the far right lane marked "Express". Everyone (and it is insanely busy right now..) gets in the two left lanes for full service. The express lane bypasses everyone waiting in the full service lanes.

When the attendant gives you the ticket, ask for the undercarriage wash as an extra.

It will save you a few $$ over the full service, and get you in and out much faster.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ran out of puppy chow so, me and Wasabi hit the store early this am and then off to the car wash. Her first.

She was NOT happy and sat in my lap the entire time, shaking.

Well, that's nice of her to just shake. Apollo doesn't get to go through the car wash anymore because he loses his ever loving "mind" (and I use that term very loosely) and tries to bite the brushes through the window glass.

And there is a lot of salt out there. As you drive down 235, the cars kick up the dry salt, and it hangs over the road like a cloud. Almost looks foggy.

TPD

the poor dad
I'm still looking for a tractor wash or washer…

Attachments

• SaltTractors.jpg
    SaltTractors.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 69
  • SaltTractor2.jpg
    SaltTractor2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 74

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Went Cheseldines today. Had them do the inside and out. She looks so much better!! We'll see how long it lasts though.

BOP

I'm planning on doing that. Think it's too cold to use a power washer? Otherwise I'll pay and go through a car wash. I like Cheseldines if it's open.

I went by there yesterday and it was packed to the rafters with cars.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Does anyone think that maybe with everyone at the carwash today,Walmart might be not so crowded? :)

I mean the next snow rush for milk, bread and tp is tomorrow for the Sun./Mon. dusting.

:coffee:

phobos512

Does anyone think that maybe with everyone at the carwash today,Walmart might be not so crowded? :)

I mean the next snow rush for milk, bread and tp is tomorrow for the Sun./Mon. dusting.

:coffee:

Forecast I'm seeing now is 100% chance of "ice pellets" so I dunno. Walmart here seems to always be a madhouse.

phobos512

Went Cheseldines today. Had them do the inside and out. She looks so much better!! We'll see how long it lasts though.

I went there after the previous snowfall and was pretty dissatisfied. Maybe it's a big truck thing but there were large areas on my doors that hadn't been wiped down - and it was clear as day. I also paid extra for tireshine and they tried to get away with not doing it but I checked before leaving and asked them about it.

General Lee

I went there after the previous snowfall and was pretty dissatisfied. Maybe it's a big truck thing but there were large areas on my doors that hadn't been wiped down - and it was clear as day. I also paid extra for tireshine and they tried to get away with not doing it but I checked before leaving and asked them about it.

Not to mention you also got the dirty grit embedded in the wash mitts wiped across your paint from all the previous cars, causing fine scratches on your paint.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Stopped at the carwash in Callaway last night after the M&G. Truck looks good today.

Taz

Couple of Tips:

If you use the Chesldyne car wash, and you only need to get the salt off, not the whole car wash inside/outside deal, get in the far right lane marked "Express". Everyone (and it is insanely busy right now..) gets in the two left lanes for full service. The express lane bypasses everyone waiting in the full service lanes.

When the attendant gives you the ticket, ask for the undercarriage wash as an extra.

It will save you a few $$ over the full service, and get you in and out much faster.

I use Cheseldyne a lot, but never knew this, thanks for the tip!

acommondisaster

And there is a lot of salt out there. As you drive down 235, the cars kick up the dry salt, and it hangs over the road like a cloud. Almost looks foggy.

Approaching the Wilson bridge this morning a thick haze hung in the air - I was thinking "WTF, it's raining? or is that fog?". It rose up above the overpass and just kind of hung there. It was a big thick cloud of salt. We're breathing that? Is it safe? What about all the Save the Bay stuff. Oh wait. OMalley could give us a Salt Tax.

Three deep at the car wash on rt 228 at 6am. Glad I stopped then to avoid the rush.