"We didn't misuse the smell of cannabis

glhs837

Power with Control
to perform illegal searches for other stuff, not at all."

New restrictions barring searches based on the smell of cannabis are hampering the interdiction of illegal guns, according to Maj. Zachary O’Lare, Prince George’s County Police Department operations commander.

Just maybe if we actually punished the crap out of people caught with weapons they are not supposed to have, you wouldn't need to make sh^% up to search for them. This goes for speed enforcement also, most of which is solely to get "heads in cars" looking for more important crimes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Our criminal justice system is set up to make it really hard to catch and punish law breakers. You have to give criminals plenty of time to hide any evidence before you can attempt a bust, so only the really freaking stupid ones get caught. So you manage to bust some punk, then their shitbag lawyer digs up any angle to have the charges dropped or punishment reduced.

It seems like you only go to jail if you're a law abiding citizen who happens to be somewhere the Democrats don't want you to be. Gut some little kid on his way home from school smack in front of witnesses and you'll be back on the streets that same day.

Clem72

Just maybe if we actually punished the crap out of people caught with weapons they are not supposed to have, you wouldn't need to make sh^% up to search for them. This goes for speed enforcement also, most of which is solely to get "heads in cars" looking for more important crimes.
I had an officer ask me that during a stop in Calvert county a few years ago. Stopped me for an "intermittent tail light". Asked if I had been drinking, I said no sir. Said he smelled pot and I had to inform him that he did not. I told him that since the day I purchased that vehicle new I was the only person that had ever driven it, and the only passengers that have ever been in it were my wife and my dog. Neither of which smoke pot.

TPD

the poor dad
So now I go to a concert or other crowded venue where the whacky is in the air and then get pulled over on the way home for a taillight and then detained for an hour while they wait for the dog and I am the law abiding citizen that was just hampered in my travel. Yeah - I too hate fishing LEOs

herb749

Now that it legal in MD you still can't drive if you partake. They can still give you a test if they smell it.

herb749

So now I go to a concert or other crowded venue where the whacky is in the air and then get pulled over on the way home for a taillight and then detained for an hour while they wait for the dog and I am the law abiding citizen that was just hampered in my travel. Yeah - I too hate fishing LEOs

Isn't there no smoking at concert venues .?

herb749

Let me guess. Its going to be pushed to keep more blacks from being arrested than whites.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

If they smell weed, thats what they should be searching for. Nothing else.
I ****ing hate fishing LEO's

I always thought that someone should have invented a Christmas Tree air freshener, or marijuana leaf, to hang off the rear view mirror, that smelled like weed. And promoted it for everyone to buy, even non-smokers, to stop the BS fishing expeditions and to stop the trained-to-false-alert dogs being brought to a traffic stop. Cop: I smell weed. Driver: Officer, that's my new air freshener, see, give it a whiff. End of harassment.

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
It is examples such as this that have changed my attitude toward police - dude blows a zero and is still arrested for DUI. But as I've told my best friend, who is a deputy, I would not want his job for anything. Split second decisions need to be made, but leave your ego at home and use your discretion wisely.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
I'm not a smoker so don't know, but didn't @Bann just mention this about a concert she attended in the last couple of weeks? Outside venues? Just walking down the boardwalk?
I didn't smell it on the boardwalk - that was someone else. I DID smell it at the VB Amphitheatre, which is an outdoor venue. AND, last night in Baltimore - as SOON AS WE LEFT the CFG Arena - as in WALK OUT THE DOORS, you could smell it. NOT indoors, of course, since you cannot smoke inside. Thank God.

I don't know the laws about weed - I don't smoke it so I don't need to know. But I don't see how Cops can do a search just by the smell - the whole freaking world will smell like it if they're at an outdoor concert or some other event where it's all around them. :lol:

*I went to see Earth, Wind & Fire and Lionel Richie. The best show I've seen in a very long time. EWF and LR bring it every single song! They're class acts - both of them. NO politics at all. I have been a fan of both for 50 years. They're true performers and LR is such a nice person overall. Nothing but music, fun and friendship at this entire show.

Reactions: TPD

Hijinx

Well: I left the old Roundup one Saturday night about midnight and was driving south on old 925 when I got lit up.;
I pulled over and waited and the officer came to my door and said I had crossed the center line. I said No I did not.
He asked if I had been drinking. I told him no I was not, and he sniffed around a while and issued me a warning ticket.

Pretty sure he was sitting outside the bar waiting for the first car that came out and assuming that since it was a bar that person would be drinking.
He got me and I wasn't. I guess not all police officers pull this crap, but I KNOW some do. I was witness to it.

I feel sorry for employers. Just ran my errands and stopped at FL in Leonardtown. Every aisle that had young dudes stocking the shelves smelled of Cheech and Chong.

WheezyCarl

It is examples such as this that have changed my attitude toward police - dude blows a zero and is still arrested for DUI. But as I've told my best friend, who is a deputy, I would not want his job for anything. Split second decisions need to be made, but leave your ego at home and use your discretion wisely.

DD for a co-worker. Stopped on the shoulder to let them out of my vehicle, and who pulls up from behind with lights flashing? Yup, State boy. Answered all of his questions, but apparently that wasn't good enough. I'll play his game, so I did the sobriety tests. Passed all 3! Now he wants a breathalyzer....I blow. A 0.0.... Raised my index finger to his face, told him to go eff himself, and jumped in my vehicle. True story.