Wedding dress alterations

mdsmile44

Any recommendations for a seamstress for a wedding gown alteration? The dress needs a bustle.
St Mary’s County Area….TIA

MMM_donuts

Yes, Stitch in Time in Calloway. She bustled my dress and made a few alterations. She did a fantastic job, was pretty quick, and was very pleasant to deal with.

tel:301-994-9339

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Yes, Stitch in Time in Calloway. She bustled my dress and made a few alterations. She did a fantastic job, was pretty quick, and was very pleasant to deal with.

tel:301-994-9339

I love Rose!

She is awesome, and really does a beautiful job.

red_explorer

Any recommendations for a seamstress for a wedding gown alteration? The dress needs a bustle.
St Mary’s County Area….TIA

If Rose isnt available....Sew Creative by Heidi.... She is incredible!!! She is right across the bridge in Lusby, but is worth the drive... 410-610-8887. She is also an award winning quilter and seamstress....made her own wedding dress, and had the reserve grand champion quilt at Maryland State Fair last year. (And no...I am not Heidi...she is just one of my dearest friends...and has taught me a lot about sewing and life, and I am so proud of all she has accomplished with her business.)

Last edited:

redhead77

I love Rose!

She is awesome, and really does a beautiful job.

She does a good job and is nice, BUT if you are short and your dress has a crenoline do not let her talk you out of shortening your dress because the crenoline will hold it up! I let her talk me out of shortening the dress and then on my wedding day there was moisture in the air and the crenoline would not hold up the extra length. I had to have someone at my reception tack the front of the dress so that it didn't trip me and you don't want to know about the high stepping I had to do up the isle...:jameo:

wittykitty

She does a good job and is nice, BUT if you are short and your dress has a crenoline do not let her talk you out of shortening your dress because the crenoline will hold it up! I let her talk me out of shortening the dress and then on my wedding day there was moisture in the air and the crenoline would not hold up the extra length. I had to have someone at my reception tack the front of the dress so that it didn't trip me and you don't want to know about the high stepping I had to do up the isle...:jameo:

Same thing happened to me. Rose did a beautiful job altering my wedding dress, but I believed her theory about the crenoline and I tripped on the front of my dress a few times...not exactly the gracious "trip" down the aisle I had imagined.

MMM_donuts

I made the very, very, very stupid mistake of ordering my dress online from a private dressmaker (Hey, it was what I wanted, customizable, and cheaper, right?). Well, I got a dress that was not good quality, not well made, and not returnable.

Rose was limited on how much she could help save my dress becuase she couldn't replicate some of the work of the factory equipment that was used to make this "handmade" dress but she saved me a lot of tears over that stupid dress. If I had the time and she were willing to do it, I would've let her rip the entire thing apart and make something really beautiful out of it.

I have not, however, had any experience with anyone else in the local area, just her because she was recommended to me by a friend. Except my husband had a buisiness suit tailored at the drycleaners in Wildewood and it was not a well done job.

I need my dress altered as well and bustled. I am worried about the length also, but it seems it may be ok with my 4.5" heels. It needs taken in quite a bit so I am hoping that will fix the inch or so on the bottom. Also the dress is an all lace a-line and has a pretty long train. I guess I will bustle it, but now what looks better? Under of over bustle?