Welcome to America, now speak English

FerretRescue

bite me
I am a Hispanic female that was born here in the USA....my grandparents too were born here in the States, but speak Spanish...what is wrong with them speaking the language that they grew up on and English? Not a damn thing!! That is what makes America great!! All these different backrounds of different races....you have Native Americans, Spanish, Mexican, Africans, Asians, Italians, French, etc....all rolled into one great country. I am so sick of hearing about "it's American, learn English"....they teach Spanish and French in schools...what is so wrong with that? Is it not helping our youth to go out and be a better person and get a better job? Companies want people that are bi-lingual now...I say let people speak what they want, but yes, they should also learn English if they are going to become an American.

understand the word contradiction? Re-read your post.

Darcy

I work in the area where a mass of people can't speak English even an easy conversation. So, many businesses provide them bi lingual people and documents in Spanish to help them understand everything. I don't mind to deal with them but I don't understand when they ask me something they always say are you espanol? in stead of excuse me :confused:

W

wkndbeacher

La mia madre è stata sopportata in Italia. Ha imparato la lingua inglese ed in modo da io.

Itailian per me e stato un po piu facile da imparare poi spagnolo. Non vedere cio che e fatto bene perche ho appena se usare o la lingua.