We're paying for uninsured motorists. How nice!

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I have a '94 Honda Civic that had given me a lot of mechanical problems and seldom driven. I decided a year or so ago to drop the uninsured motorists because I knew the car wasn't worth that much if it got damaged/totalled so I didn't care. I used my other vehicles. Well...

How I wish I hadn't done that!! A neighbor had a neck injury and let his 14-year-old daughter move their vehicle back and forth in their driveway (for some odd reason) and she popped the clutch and the truck rolled down to my carport knocking some items over and dropped onto the car. The guy doesn't have insurance nor the cash to pay for the damage.

I never expected that to happen. How I wish I'd kept the uninsured motorists.
You cannot cancel uninsured motorist insurance. It's required by law. See post 33.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Just go on doing whatever O'Malley tells you but recheck your information again. 48 states require uninsured motorist coverage dumbass! YOU check the information. Prove it incorrect Mr. know it all. :killingme

I'll type slowly just for you: They are illegal. If they are employed, their employer is guilty of allowing them to work. Still too hard for you? Ok, go find the employer. Paid in cash, no records, they ran so you don't even have the suspects. Now who do they work for genius? Damn, you must be Ravens MPD. Surely no one else is this stupid.

Just pay the money like the 48 other states require you to.

WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO MY COUNTRY????????????????? I speculate the problem is with the mentally handicapped like yourself who go on a rant when they just realized (after how many years?) that you have been paying insurance. :killingme
:dork:

Beta84

They're out to get us
It's not to pay for damages done to HIS property if he hits you, it's to protect YOU if he hits you and can't pay.

I was under the impression that's what my insurance was supposed to cover me for in the first place.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I was under the impression that's what my insurance was supposed to cover me for in the first place.
Not neccessarily. If you only have liability (which includes uninsured motorists) and you wreck your car (your fault), you're on the hook for your own repairs.

If someone else runs into you and they are not insured or were not authorized to be driving the vehicle that hit you, your uninsured motorists coverage takes care of you. You've been paying it since you've had insurance. Stallion has a hard time understanding that.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
There you go again, foaming at the mouth and yelling and screaming about how right you are and how wrong anyone who disagrees with you is. Part of me kind of hoped you were only this way about religion... I see I was wrong to hope. Oh well, at least you're consistent.

And yes, I can see why you're single. No one in their right mind will have you, as deranged as your view of reality is.

:roflmao:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
48 states require uninsured motorist coverage dumbass! YOU check the information. Prove it incorrect Mr. know it all.
You're soo smart but fail to realize there ARE other legal options.
Read more, talk less.
Baja28 said:
Paid in cash, no records, they ran so you don't even have the suspects. Now who do they work for genius?
Oh gee Mr Baja. You're soo right. There's no way for the law to find them. I'm soo dumb; you're right... :notworthy: :sarcasm:
Ever heard of the police trailing people? INS covert operations? Probably not, since you're soo busy primping on your throne...
Baja28 said:
I speculate the problem is with the mentally handicapped like yourself who go on a rant when they just realized (after how many years?) that you have been paying insurance.
Thanks for the kind words but I hardly "just realized it".

lovinmaryland

the comp and collision cover your car

the uninsured underinsured is to cover you incase someone w/ out insurance or someone who has the state minimum damages your veh.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
You're soo smart but fail to realize there ARE other legal options.
Read more, talk less.

Oh gee Mr Baja. You're soo right. There's no way for the law to find them. I'm soo dumb; you're right... :notworthy: :sarcasm:
Ever heard of the police trailing people? INS covert operations? Probably not, since you're soo busy primping on your throne...

Thanks for the kind words but I hardly "just realized it".
Well since you have all the answers, why are you paying for everyone else's insurance? :killingme

Now bow to me oh lowly whiner and king of the stupid then get busy writing those letters!! :whip:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Not neccessarily. If you only have liability (which includes uninsured motorists) and you wreck your car (your fault), you're on the hook for your own repairs.
If someone else runs into you and they are not insured or were not authorized to be driving the vehicle that hit you, your uninsured motorists coverage takes care of you. You've been paying it since you've had insurance. Stallion has a hard time understanding that.
No, you have a hard time understanding "Stallion".
I completely agree with your above statements.
Well since you have all the answers, why are you paying for everyone else's insurance? :killingme
Cause there are too many puppets like you & IrishEyes who ENJOY paying for the uninsured so much, that you won't join me in getting it stopped. TYVM!
I've already written many emails to Ehrlich & now O'Malley to get it changed. I kept getting their patronizing letters back. They said I was the only one complaining about it...... Huh? Can't hear ya Baja :duel:

Woodyspda

Also, living in SOMD, I'm surprised you don't realize how many people are driving uninsured here because of the base. Military and contractors who move into the state but still have their car registered in another one, might not have to pay insurance, depending on that state's law.

Only one issue with this statement... if from out of state and driving on base... you have minimum requirements.

NH does not require insurance but you still had to have it on Pease AFB when it was around.

Funny thing is, in NH my insurance would be 300 bucks less a year for full coverage.

What do you think will happen when YOU are REQUIRED to have medical insurance?????

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I've already written many emails to Ehrlich & now O'Malley to get it changed. I kept getting their patronizing letters back. They said I was the only one complaining about it...... Huh? Can't hear ya Baja :duel:
That really should tell you something but I'm confident you won't get it. :lmao:

Call it anything you want to but it's part of your fees to cover you when an uninsured motorist hits you. You're being obtuse and playing symantics.

Where the heck did you get that idea that I don't know what it's for??? I know full well that it covers them hitting me but why the heck should I pay for them?!! They should not drive; plain & simple! You & I and others have to pay, they should too or not drive.
I can also assure you that the DMV has a homing device on their tags. One year my insurance company messed up on my policy renewal and the DMV didn't get the info; 2 days later I had a nasty letter requesting my tags or else!
Next, I hope no one from the base is ununsured. IT'S ILLEGAL IN MARYLAND! As long as they have insurance from their state they're covered.
Finally, if you'd like to send me $200 each year I won't mind accepting it since you dont mind "spending a little extra on my insurance every month to make sure I'm protected if one of them hits me and they can't pay"...
This is the Obama mindset. To me, driving is a privilege NOT a right.
And please send along some extra for the phone & electric bills too. :buddies:

wow.. quit complaining... BY LAW in MD, you have to have uninsured motorist..

DMV is ON TOP of there tags.. You lapse your insurance policy, you're paying a fine... and until you reinstate that policy, that fee is racking up...

But you had insurance from Maine, I'm sure, right?
My gripe is, because it is such a large liability, no tags should be given out without verifiable insurance. Now, I understand that not everyone does things legally but my contention is still: Why should we all pay for it? If they hit us, they should be made to cough up whatever assets they have, to pay for the damages and not drive again until it's paid. The DMV says they need: "proof of valid insurance" so I'd think they'd have to verify it??? No state should allow uninsured vehicles.
Maybe DC should have to give Md a list of their uninsured vehicles. Then, because they'd be illegal here, the cops could use their tag reader cars to locate them.
Sorry, folks but this just set me off tonight. I could live with paying a few bucks extra to help others but I can't turn a blind eye to over $200 in insurance fee, PLUS the phone & electric USF's.

Uninsured can mean that they have let there policy lapsed as well.. it doesnt mean that they got the tags without verifying insurance first... And dont worry,. they do get hit with a fine.. see my other post...

in the mean time... like i said.. take a chill pill.. :)

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
wow.. quit complaining... BY LAW in MD, you have to have uninsured motorist..
DMV is ON TOP of there tags.. You lapse your insurance policy, you're paying a fine... and until you reinstate that policy, that fee is racking up...
Thank you blonde girl for repeating what I & others already said.
Uninsured can mean that they have let there policy lapsed as well.. it doesnt mean that they got the tags without verifying insurance first... And dont worry,. they do get hit with a fine.. see my other post...in the mean time... like i said.. take a chill pill.. :)
Thank you for another deja vu but I've already had one mommy tell me that...don't need another one. :howdy: