What a terrible story

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Jailyn’s cries echoed through the quiet streets of Cleveland in the dead of the night. The toddler whimpered and howled, but no one came to her rescue.

Her mother, Kristel Candelario, was away on a 10-day summer vacation and had left Jailyn alone in a playpen with a few bottles of milk, prosecutors said. A neighbor’s doorbell camera captured the 16-month old’s frequent screams, including one around 1 a.m. two days after her mother left.

But Candelario was hundreds of miles away in Puerto Rico with a male friend, authorities said. After a few days at the beach and another stop in Detroit, she returned home on June 16 last year to find her daughter dead. She’d been gone for about 10 days.

What is wrong with people? And why didn't the people who heard the baby crying constantly check to see if something was wrong or call the cops??

BOP

This. This right here is the problem, not "mental health issues." Mom of the Year is lucky her own mother, Ketty Torres, didn't do the same to her.

Candelario’s parents pleaded with the judge for mercy.

In a prepared statement, her mother, Ketty Torres, said her daughter had battled health struggles, including mental health illness and fainting spells. When her daughter stopped taking medication, it worsened her depression and anxiety, and contributed to her inability to make sound decisions, she added.

BOP

Story didn't indicate that. Unless I missed it.

They are part of the problem.
It wasn't in the story, sorry. I figured since their daughter was all about vacations, the parents must be as well.

Agreed. They raised a murderer.

rio

Lock her in a cell with a few bottles of water and nothing else but the clothes on her back. Leave her there until she suffers the same fate as her daughter.

What is wrong with people? And why didn't the people who heard the baby crying constantly check to see if something was wrong or call the cops??
The neighbors had to have noticed nobody was going in or out of the house, yet they could still hear a baby inside. Can't imagine the guilt they must be feeling.

When I lived in a neighborhood in Waldorf (years ago) I called the cops when I heard neighbors fighting. If I found out later something bad happened I wouldn't be able to live with myself. Found out later that he was holding a knife but hadn't actually tried to use it on her. Maybe he would have if the police never came, maybe not...

HemiHauler

I had a fabulous day today. In fact most of my days are fabulous. Sorry about you, but not really. It makes me even happier to know you spend your miserable days gnashing your teeth about me, especially since you mean absolutely nothing to me. :)
Yep. Looks like I called it about right. 👍🏼

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yep. Looks like I called it about right. 👍🏼

Thanks, but I'm not interested. :smile:

Unrequited Love GIF by Halloween