1706881748110.png

Amazon product

I have added to this ...

1706881803004.png

Amazon product

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
About halfway through Don Shomette's "Anaconda's Tail". Quite an eye opener....I was well aware that southern MD stood firmly with the secession states, but had no idea of the amazing scope of cross-river smuggling activity run out of so many places in Charles, Calvert and St. Mary's Counties! Budd's Creek, Chaptico, St. George's Island, Piney Point and Tall Timbers are well represented. :yay:

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
About halfway through Don Shomette's "Anaconda's Tail". Quite an eye opener....I was well aware that southern MD stood firmly with the secession states, but had no idea of the amazing scope of cross-river smuggling activity run out of so many places in Charles, Calvert and St. Mary's Counties! Budd's Creek, Chaptico, St. George's Island, Piney Point and Tall Timbers are well represented. :yay:
I need to get back to that again.

I put it down before the holidays last year and... Not sure where I set it. :lmao:

#1 on my weekend to do list: find book.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Recently finished this one. Good story.

Kristin Hannah Magic Hour

(I failed with the Amazon copying again.)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Before I picked up "Anaconda's Tail" I read a book on the "Real Christopher Columbus" translated to English from the original Portugese author. Yikes. Not a very flattering look for ole Chris...to say the least.

phreddyp

Shomette's reminds me of Michner lots of information but dry as hell. Even though I read several of Michners books, I could barely get thru Ghost Fleet of Mallows Bay by Shomette . Maybe I will give him another chance.

I just finished The Inn by James Patterson and Reacher.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Shomette's reminds me of Michner lots of information but dry as hell. Even though I read several of Michners books, I could barely get thru Ghost Fleet of Mallows Bay by Shomette . Maybe I will give him another chance.
He goes real heavy in to the minutest of details. I have not read his Ghost fleet book but I have Pirates On The Chesapeake and enjoyed that one.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've read all of Michner's books over the years, starting with Hawaii and the Drifters. Was a huge fan of his earlier books and had an autographed copy of Chesapeake in my collection. His last few books were indeed long and dry...