What businesses should be replaced in Southern Md?

TPD

the poor dad
What is wrong with Walmart?, says the Walmart stockholder

I feel sorry for ya! Basically, Wal-Mart has had a trading range of $50-$60 for the last 10 years. At least with K-Mart under Sears Holdings, you would have had the opportunity to get about 800% on your money in the last 9 years...

DEEKAYPEE8569

Replace all the Doctors here that have a difficult time speaking and understanding English with hot women nurses with huge hoo-ha’s that speak with German accents and believe in touch therapy.

You mean ba-ZOOM's, right? I mean, a huge "hoo-ha" might make 'em walk funny.

DEEKAYPEE8569

But hang on a sec. For every new convenience/gas store or chain restaurant location that opens, at least one other goes bust and creates another vacant building. But even though new ones keep opening every year, when was the last time anyone saw a liquor store having a "going out of business" sale?

:coffee:

Like the one that used to be a Dash-In at the Gate 3 intersection?
I think that's where it is.....need muh map.....

vince77

I feel sorry for ya! Basically, Wal-Mart has had a trading range of $50-$60 for the last 10 years. At least with K-Mart under Sears Holdings, you would have had the opportunity to get about 800% on your money in the last 9 years...

?? huh?

vince77

Almost sounds like Wall Street-ese doesn't it?

well technically thats true, there was a day or two in the last nine years when the price was 8 times more than it was at some other time in that 9 year span however it's only worth about $5 a share more today than 9 years ago and you can see where Sears and KMart are heading.....

TPD

the poor dad
well technically thats true, there was a day or two in the last nine years when the price was 8 times more than it was at some other time in that 9 year span however it's only worth about $5 a share more today than 9 years ago and you can see where Sears and KMart are heading.....

Wrong answer - Sears vs Wal-Mart
You have had more opportunity to make money with Sears over the last 10 years than you have had with Wal-Mart.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Replace all the Doctors here that have a difficult time speaking and understanding English with hot women nurses with huge hoo-ha’s that speak with German accents and believe in touch therapy.

Goodness knows your name is appropriate .......

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!

I second this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
Get rid of most of the cheap junk chinese food places.

Take those empty Arby's and put in Roberto's.

Replace all of the grocery chain seafood departments with a decent seafood shop with actual fresh fish, not freshly defrosted.

Replace the bowling alleys with modern facilities.

Get rid of the theaters. They're too nasty to fix up, and new ones would be ruined before too long.

ROBERTOS... good call... :howdy:

slowlane

LaPlata does not need so many drug stores within one mile, in addition to the pharmacy at Target. They definitely don't need TWO drugstores open all night, just a mile apart. The staff sit there all night with nothing to do, this is very inefficient.

LaPlata could use a second, or a bigger, Texas Roadhouse. The existing one had a humongous waiting line of about 110 people outside, the other Friday night.

And in Waldorf, I never understood why the inexpensive bowling alley (that was on Post Office Road) closed some years ago, but the more expensive alley somehow stayed in business.