What happened??

DEEKAYPEE8569

With traffic congestion reaching critical mass, it might have to come to that.
If we needed to evacuate this area during the day, it would be a disaster.
Day/Night, wouldn't really make a difference. It would be a TOTAL C/F.

But no, I think I see it as calling the legislatures bluff. If they view the priorities of this region so little, then let them deal with the economic fallout losing the lynch pin employer
Oh, if only that would work. Can you imagine the "economic fallout" of a PAX closure?.....and I hope I'm not here if/when that happens. First blush following PAXR closure, three counties would be economically/financially screwed; then there are "the others" whomever they might be; wherever they commute from to get down here.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Day/Night, wouldn't really make a difference. It would be a TOTAL C/F.

Oh, if only that would work. Can you imagine the "economic fallout" of a PAX closure?.....and I hope I'm not here if/when that happens. First blush following PAXR closure, three counties would be economically/financially screwed; then there are "the others" whomever they might be; wherever they commute from to get down here.

and Montgomery, PG, Baltimore and Howard counties would continue to be on the plus side when it came to money from the state less taxes paid.

That sucking sound would be the bottom falling out of the housing market. But this part of the state, particularly since the BRAC turned it to the R side, is not their power base.
If people exit, it would be even less so.
Their loss would be someone else's gain.