What is a "white person" store??

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Ya'll - So Gfy

Slang contraction for the 2nd person plural pronoun, utilized amongst the indigenous populations of the southern continental United States.

Origin: Often incorrectly attributed to the contraction of "you + all," the word actually originated from the fusing of "ya + all." The kind of fella who would say ya'll for the first time would not be enunciating a clean and crisp "you" in his daily speech. "You" wasn't in his spoken vocabulary, but "ya" was. Now, try to say "ya all." It is actually not easy to do as two separate words. To say it with a normal cadence, it already almost sounds like ya'll, but with the slightest stutter. "Ya all" quite naturally slips into the familiar pronoun we all use. Ya + all = ya'll. When you look at it that way, the placement of the apostrophe after the "a" makes sense.

migtig said:
Slang contraction for the 2nd person plural pronoun, utilized amongst the indigenous populations of the southern continental United States.

Origin: Often incorrectly attributed to the contraction of "you + all," the word actually originated from the fusing of "ya + all." The kind of fella who would say ya'll for the first time would not be enunciating a clean and crisp "you" in his daily speech. "You" wasn't in his spoken vocabulary, but "ya" was. Now, try to say "ya all." It is actually not easy to do as two separate words. To say it with a normal cadence, it already almost sounds like ya'll, but with the slightest stutter. "Ya all" quite naturally slips into the familiar pronoun we all use. Ya + all = ya'll. When you look at it that way, the placement of the apostrophe after the "a" makes sense.

OK. :confused:

migtig said:

While we're on this topic. Where did you get that? It's wrong. :shrug:

willie

aps45819 said:
One that sells men's pants that fit.
I never could understand why they chose that style. Cops can run faster with their pants up than Bad Boys can with theirs half down.

morganj614

hey y'all, I like it this way

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=y'all

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y'all

Confusion with other Southern words
Though formerly another spelling of y'all, the word ya'll has changed pronunciation (from /y-all/ to /yull/) and meaning (from "you all" to "you will") for most Southerners. Because of this, it is generally considered by them to be ignorant or foolish to continue to use ya'll as a replacement for y'all. Y'all is also commonly misspelled as yall (a Southern pronuciation of yowl, pronounced /yahl/). Like ya'll, this is looked down upon and generally discouraged by Southerners, though some insist on yall in order to emphasize its role as a regular pronoun. These usage differences are generally cited in the same manner as how people often confuse their, there, and they're.

willie said:
I never could understand why they chose that style. Cops can run faster with their pants up than Bad Boys can with theirs half down.

You've reminded me of an old episode of Cops. There was one cop who was so overweight that he got out of breath chasing a criminal. Sad part was, he got out of breath almost right away. :lol:

Confusion with other Southern words
Though formerly another spelling of y'all, the word ya'll has changed pronunciation (from /y-all/ to /yull/) and meaning (from "you all" to "you will") for most Southerners. Because of this, it is generally considered by them to be ignorant or foolish to continue to use ya'll as a replacement for y'all. Y'all is also commonly misspelled as yall (a Southern pronuciation of yowl, pronounced /yahl/). Like ya'll, this is looked down upon and generally discouraged by Southerners, though some insist on yall in order to emphasize its role as a regular pronoun. These usage differences are generally cited in the same manner as how people often confuse their, there, and they're.

:shrug:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Ya'll

and I'll keep it. TYVM. Sorry ya'll offends ya Speedy and Morgan, but I like it just fine as I have been using it and saying it and typing it all my life. You can call me ignorant all ya'll want. It doesn't bother me one whit.

morganj614

migtig said:
and I'll keep it. TYVM. Sorry ya'll offends ya Speedy and Morgan, but I like it just fine as I have been using it and saying it and typing it all my life. You can call me ignorant all ya'll want. It doesn't bother me one whit.

I didn't call you one thing. Something that trivial hardly offends me..:lol:

just like to-ma-to and to-mah-to. Personal preference

P

PelyKat

mike44md said:
After working in the mall part time as an Security Officer for 3 years I could tell you stories, however that is not what I am going to say. What I am going to say is that they are trying to turn the mall around which would allow all citizens of Southern Maryland to have a pleasent shopping experience with thier families in tow. YES some of the new stores in the mall cater to the young teens who through this thread some have called thugs, but remember these kids are the ones that serves you the burgers at McDs and other places, who else can afford 150.00 pair of jeans or 300.00 pair of MJ's tennis shows. So of course these shops want thier business and money. The mall managements attitude on this is that as long as the stores pay thier rent then there is nothing they can do with what a store sells. There are rules however, for instance I had to go to Spencers once to tell them to remove the Gangsta shirt out of thier window which portrayed shootings as a thing to do, of course you stroll past center court to Victoria Secrets and we have to tell them to tone down thier window displays, since granny doesnt like it. The management there knows its losing money from adults not wanting to venture in there after 6pm, so most adults hit the mall early mornings, In ending there are no malls in the US that does not know that the youth spend money as much as adults, so they will continue to cater to them. off my soap box.... :lmao:
ok, I'm confused...maybe it's because I was raised on the Detroit border, and we had riots and knifings in my high school, and I tend to be quite a Biatch. But what thugs are you talking about at the Mall?

My daughter (30) and I (50) go there often in the evening, 6:pm and later. And I don't see anything but a bunch of standard bratty teens and such. You just ignore them, walk thru them and stand your ground. What's the problem. Have the Adults here really let a bunch of teens and early twentys taken over their right to shop when they want?

I see a lot of adults there. I guess I just don't understand. No there aren't many seniors..but then they'd be home anyway. Time for Wheel and Jeopardy. Just me I guess?

SHELLRJA

What difference does it make stores will accept the money from whoever is spending. There is no seperation when you have cash in hand. If you are looking for white person store you need to open your own store, Advertise "White People Only" see how long you stay in business.