What is...

Agee

fttrsbeerwench said:
Your metabolism goes to pot when you hit 30 Grasshopper....

Nips on your lips and a decade on your hips:bawl:

jazz lady said:
:yay: And never be afraid to try new things. It's the spice of life. :wink:

there ya go "grasshopper", no truer words! "So let it be said, so let it be written".

BuddyLee

Football addict
greyhound said:
I still think you should try poi.
Never heard of it. If Jazz thinks it's nasty, imagine what I might think.:lol:

What is it exactly and what does it taste like?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
Never heard of it. If Jazz thinks it's nasty, imagine what I might think.:lol:
Smart kid. :smooch:

What is it exactly and what does it taste like?

It's ground up taro root. Think wallpaper paste but with less taste and you've got poi. :twitch:

BuddyLee

Football addict
jazz lady said:

It's ground up taro root. Think wallpaper paste but with less taste and you've got poi. :twitch:
Is it like the wallpaper found at Willy Wonka's?

The snauseberries taste like snauseberries!

BuddyLee

Football addict
reputation_pos.gif
What is...08-17-2006 12:44 AMGreat Motto! Now, go and order a friggin pizza! ~Air~

:roflmao:

greyhound

jazz lady said:

But.......It is fermented....get your food and alcohol all at once. Just don't look at it or smell it. :razz:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
Is it like the wallpaper found at Willy Wonka's?

The snauseberries taste like snauseberries!

Not hardly. :lol: They say it's an acquired taste but I sure as heck never acquired it even living in Hawaii for a few years when I was a kid. I've tried it several times since then and still have the same reaction to it. :barf:

fttrsbeerwench

BuddyLee said:
"Spice of life"...

...that will be my new motto.:yay:

ME TOO! Once I started spicing up stuff, I found I needed alot less salt, breading and sugar to make foods tasty.

Just don't eat curry and hot sauce on EVERYTHING.... The outcome is bad, very bad.
:yikes:

ANYONE KNOW WHAT A LYCHEE IS?? I had it once in NYC and tI saw it in the store the other day.. Fruit??:confused:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
fttrsbeerwench said:
ME TOO! Once I started spicing up stuff, I found I needed alot less salt, breading and sugar to make foods tasty.

Just don't eat curry and hot sauce on EVERYTHING.... The outcome is bad, very bad.
:yikes:
No kidding. :lol: I use very little salt in my dishes and it makes a heck of a lot of difference. Fresh herbs and spices are wonderful and once you "desalt" yourself, you'll never miss it.

ANYONE KNOW WHAT A LYCHEE IS?? I had it once in NYC and tI saw it in the store the other day.. Fruit??:confused:
It's a fruit but when it's dried, it's called a lychee nut. :shrug: There is an actual nut inside the fruit but it is toxic so don't eat it.

fttrsbeerwench

jazz lady said:
No kidding. :lol: I use very little salt in my dishes and it makes a heck of a lot of difference. Fresh herbs and spices are wonderful and once you "desalt" yourself, you'll never miss it.

It's a fruit but when it's dried, it's called a lychee nut. :shrug: There is an actual nut inside the fruit but it is toxic so don't eat it.

:eyebrow: Perhaps I"ll wait to try that until a time when I have a paramedic handy...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
BL I grew up as a poptart and tv dinner kid. When I first moved out on my own it was mac and cheese and apple jacks or pizza. Eating "real" food is actually MUCH cheaper. I remember the days of living by myself and spending $100 every week or so at the grocery store. All prepackaged food. Now a family of four I go to the grocery store about every week/week and a half and spend $150-$200. I still eat easy food on occasion. Hell, I'm a working mom with two young kids.

But it really is easy to switch out a lot of the crap for better cheaper stuff. Instead of the candy bar get a box of whole grain crackers. If that's too big a step off the get, pick up some graham crackers or oatmeal cookies. Don't try to do an overhaul overnight. You'll likely get stressed and regress. Instead of a steak and cheese how about a ham and cheese with lettuce and tomatoe? You can do it and like others have said it's great that you've recognized the need to change your habits now! Good luck sugarcakes! :love: