What Kind of Fries do You Prefer?

What are your preferred fries?

• Total voters

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Some fries (Five Guys, Chik) are good reheated in the airfryer, then loaded with cheese and bacon bits, back in the airfryer until the cheese is melty.

Oh, yeah.

Bobwhite

I find that most restaurants do a couple of things wrong when it come to french fries. They either don't have the oil hot enough or they don't cook them long enough. In response to Sam's comment about french fries only being good right away, I agree and I think they should not make the servings so large.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Best fries of all time, for me, were the ones that I used to get at Esperanza Lanes back in the 60s/early 70s.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Then there were those fries served up by some faux-blonde chick at Bambino's near K-mart in the park.

Bambino's had terrible fries - all fat and potatoey. One of the cooks used to double fry them and they were amazing, but served the owner-approved way....ick.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah they were floppy and greasy.

Also their steak & cheese sandwich was steakum on a roll with LTM. :twitch: When we'd get slow I'd grill up proper cheesesteaks for the crew.

If you got anything other than Italian at Bambino's you did it wrong. That's where I had my first crabcake (more :twitch: ) and swore I hated them until years later when I finally went to Stoney's.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Clem72

Bambino's had terrible fries - all fat and potatoey. One of the cooks used to double fry them and they were amazing, but served the owner-approved way....ick.
Reminds me of my favorite Mexican restaurant in Arizona. The double-fried the chips, made them puffy but super crispy. Best tortilla chips anywhere and I have never seen their like anywhere else.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I like all kinds of fries as long as they're crispy. But I do have a special place in my heart for steak fries. When pregnant, I may or may not have gone there a few times and only ordered baskets of their never-ending steak fries :drool: but now I have a decent air fryer/toaster and can just make them at home perfectly crispy, never floppy.

Clem72

Reminds me of my favorite Mexican restaurant in Arizona. The double-fried the chips, made them puffy but super crispy. Best tortilla chips anywhere and I have never seen their like anywhere else.
chips.jpg
Restaurant Guru had pics.