What no post on today's budget report?

Midnightrider

Are you sh1tting me?
MR talks a lot of trsh, but he knows that entitlements are our biggest debt builder, and the Dems aren't about to cut entitlements.

:killingme

You think the Rs are going to cut entitlements? Old bastards like you would riot in the street if they stopped paying for your ####.

I’m all for ending all entitlements starting with SS. How about you?

You think the Rs are going to cut entitlements? Old bastards like you would riot in the street if they stopped paying for your ####.

6.2% of one's earnings is withheld from a persons paycheck and 6.2% of an employees earnings is paid into that employee's SS by the employer. The monthly amount a person receives is based off of how much was paid in to their "account". How are you classifying this as an "entitlement"?

SamSpade

6.2% of one's earnings is withheld from a persons paycheck and 6.2% of an employees earnings is paid into that employee's SS by the employer. The monthly amount a person receives is based off of how much was paid in to their "account". How are you classifying this as an "entitlement"?

The term entitlement is because people GET it regardless of need or budgetary constraints. It - gets - paid - to whomever it is owed.
It gets paid before anything else does. You get Medicare or SS because you qualify for it.

That makes it different from everything else on the budget - they can be cut. Entitlements cannot be, because they're owed.

Midnightrider

It is what it is. Lots of people get this entitlement even if they never work a day in their life. Not to mention many take way more than they ever put in. The reality is that you are ‘putting in’ a tax and that money is being given to old people who are not working. If you get lucky the government might tax your grandkids to give you your entitlement.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Lots of people get this entitlement even if they never work a day in their life..

That's part and parcel of how you lefties buy votes and stay in power.

But it is otherwise another of your always-failed attempts at diverting attention away from the millions of people who have paid a very large cumulative sum of their hard-earned money in to the SS program over their lifetimes.

Why do you lefties hate hard working Americans?

Last edited:

Midnightrider

That's part and parcel of how you lefties buy votes and stay in power.

But it is otherwise another of your always-failed attempts at diverting attention away from the millions of people who have paid a very large cumulative sum of their hard-earned money in to the SS program over their lifetimes.

Why do you lefties hate hard working Americans?

You are a ####ing idiot. I am saying to end the Ponzi scheme and you call me a lefty.

Nobody paid anything into SS, it’s a tax and an entitlement. Nothing more. Stop sucking on the lie.

Hijinx

I can live without Social Security.
I paid into it for years paid good money and when I collect it some turd wants to call it an entitlement, but if it stopped I would survive.
And I wouldn't have to take your job as a Walmart greeter to do it either.

Rommey

I’m all for ending all entitlements starting with SS.
Why not start with SNAP, or the EIC, or welfare, or any of the other handouts the government gives that no one personally paid into? Why start with SS?

I'm guessing you are nowhere near retirement age and likely are concerned that SS will not be around when you would be eligible. Admittedly, it is a somewhat valid line of thinking among the Gen-X/millennial generations but the logical conclusion to your thought process is akin to "if I don't get it, no one should".

I doubt SS is going to end because there will never be the political will to let it end. Look how much flack any politican gets when they even float ideas how to change SS.

Midnightrider

No? So where did all the money I send in every payroll actually go then? Be specific.

And you obviously are an extreme lefty freak...but I’m only one of everyone that has observed that.

I told you were the money went. It’s a ####ing tax you retard. It went the same place every other tax we pay goes.

Why not start with SNAP, or the EIC, or welfare, or any of the other handouts the government gives that no one personally paid into? Why start with SS?

I'm guessing you are nowhere near retirement age and likely are concerned that SS will not be around when you would be eligible. Admittedly, it is a somewhat valid line of thinking among the Gen-X/millennial generations but the logical conclusion to your thought process is akin to "if I don't get it, no one should".

I doubt SS is going to end because there will never be the political will to let it end. Look how much flack any politican gets when they even float ideas how to change SS.

You guess wrong. I will be entitled to a pretty good check relatively soon. I’ve already paid several decades of payroll taxes.
The reality is we will never get rid of the other entitlements as long as people who claim to be conservative support SS. It is the mother of all entitlements and it is what will lead to our fiscal demise.