What would you have done?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
This is a very anti-police site and I will not be drug into that nonsense.

I disagree with that statement. Just because some knuckleheads get their jollies by bashing the police, that does not make SOMD.com an anti-police site. There are plenty of people here that stand behind our officers, myself included.

T

toppick08

I disagree with that statement. Just because some knuckleheads get their jollies by bashing the police, that does not make SOMD.com an anti-police site. There are plenty of people here that stand behind our officers, myself included.

Damn Right.......:high5:

ccrc1

Rosered, I will reword my statement. This is in general, a bash the police, the police pick on me, the police are out to get us, the police have better things to do, I know how to do their job better than they do, and the police are clowns site. If you don't belive me, read the threads. They speak for themselves.
Thats why I put that last sentence in there. It won't take but a few minutes for posters to type things that they would never have the brass to say to me face to face. Rose, remember the old saying, you tend to be judged by the company you keep.
Rose, my pespective is what should be of concern to you. When folks in my profession come to this site that is exactly what we see. It is common knowledge among my fellow officers that this site is not police friendly at all. I only am posting the obvious.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Rosered, I will reword my statement. This is in general, a bash the police, the police pick on me, the police are out to get us, the police have better things to do, I know how to do their job better than they do, and the police are clowns site. If you don't belive me, read the threads. They speak for themselves.
Thats why I put that last sentence in there. It won't take but a few minutes for posters to type things that they would never have the brass to say to me face to face. Rose, remember the old saying, you tend to be judged by the company you keep.

What people say in a public forum is their opinion, not necessarily the opinion of somd.com.

I have read some of the threads and don't agree with a lot of what is said. That being said, just because I am a member of this site does not mean that I share some peoples distorted opinions and beliefs. And just because I am a member here, does not mean that I should be judged because of some idiots opinion. You know what they say about those...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Rose, I added a paragraph to my last post.

Rose, my pespective is what should be of concern to you. When folks in my profession come to this site that is exactly what we see. It is common knowledge among my fellow officers that this site is not police friendly at all. I only am posting the obvious.

I saw that after I posted my response.

It is unfortunate that you all feel that way. I for one don't have a beef with law enforcement. If I break the law and get caught, that is my fault and don't see it as you guys are out to get me. My bad. I think that people that feel that way must be doing something they shouldn't be doing. Guilty conscience.

Just because there are quite a few dummies out there, doesn't mean the rest of us are bad people.

D

dems4me

I agree with RoseRed on this, I think the majority of us folks on this site find the disrespectful police comments too stupid to even reply to. :shrug: So while you may see a few negative posts, believe me there are lots more people thinking they are idiots :huggy: I can see why you would take it to heart, its your profession (an honorable one at that) but alot of us don't say anything to the contrary because its just too ridiculous. Folks look for a rise and some don't care to take the bait. However if it was my profession that was called into play, I'd probably take offense too. :shrug: Put it this way, if someone rambled on and on about idiot pizza drivers, would you take such offense? You would just take it with a grain of salt. And I think that's how most of us react even though we don't post anything to the contrary. Doesn't put somd.com as pizza driver haters, cop haters, etc... you are juding MANY people by a few idiots on here. :huggy:

Last edited by a moderator:

ccrc1

Thank you both for the kind words. Of course I don't think every single registered user is anti police. This site can be frustrating sometimes because folks will from time to time ask very legitimate questions. My fellow officers would like to step up and answer with factual information, but we know better. We know it will spin 180 degrees and turn into a personal attack on law enforcement in general. There is no way, with as many posts as you both have that you haven't seen this happen as a general rule.
No disrespect to you intended, honestly. But when guys like me log in and try to participate, and assist folks with honest answers, look what happens. The police bashing clearly overrides the facts of the topic and takes over the thread. Hence, the perception among law enforcement that we are not wanted, appreciated or welcome here. I am sure you can see this. There is almost always at least one police bashing thread alive and active at any given time.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It is common knowledge among my fellow officers that this site is not police friendly at all. I only am posting the obvious.

You're full of #### and should consider not being so thin skinned.

When cops do stupid and illegal things, ya damn right they're going to get flak for it. That's our public safety at risk, and just because you're a cop doesn't mean you're God and can do anything you please.

All in all, this forum is no more cop bashing and generalizing than any other forum out there. Most people on here support our local law enforcement (and you can take a peek at the comments on the Jamie Dean shooting if you don't believe me). A couple of people does not a whole forum make. And, frankly, it's cops like you with your "above it all" attitude that make them feel the way they do.

:rolleyes:

D

dems4me

Thank you both for the kind words. Of course I don't think every single registered user is anti police. This site can be frustrating sometimes because folks will from time to time ask very legitimate questions. My fellow officers would like to step up and answer with factual information, but we know better. We know it will spin 180 degrees and turn into a personal attack on law enforcement in general. There is no way, with as many posts as you both have that you haven't seen this happen as a general rule.
No disrespect to you intended, honestly. But when guys like me log in and try to participate, and assist folks with honest answers, look what happens. The police bashing clearly overrides the facts of the topic and takes over the thread. Hence, the perception among law enforcement that we are not wanted, appreciated or welcome here. I am sure you can see this. There is almost always at least one police bashing thread alive and active at any given time.

:huggy: Believe it or not, some folks on here have no life and thrive on drama, and if they don't see any they create drama albeit at anyone's else's expense. Just ignore them and continue to be helpful and answer questions if asked, don't sink to their level :huggy: I look forward to reading more of your posts and your fellow officers :flowers: We are all not police bashers, just the same as you pulling over a drunk driver, doesn't mean all drivers are drunk :huggy:

T

toppick08

You state or county ?

ccrc1

You're full of #### and should consider not being so thin skinned.

When cops do stupid and illegal things, ya damn right they're going to get flak for it. That's our public safety at risk, and just because you're a cop doesn't mean you're God and can do anything you please.

And, frankly, it's cops like you with your "above it all" attitude that make them feel the way they do.

:rolleyes:

Well Rose, it took about 30 minutes. In this thread I answered a posters honest question with an honest answer. I answered your question about why people in my profession perceive this site as anti police. Based on that, this is what will follow. And, this poster is supposed to be a moderator.
Nice talking to you rose.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
When [cops] do stupid and illegal things, ya damn right they're going to get flak for it.

Cops
Lawyers
Judges
Commissioners
Presidents
Senators

Or any other public servant. We are equal opportunity offenders and praisers when the need be. I personally don't see this site as anti-cop, maybe (ccrc1) is just a little thin skinned. When the general public sees a cop doing something wrong people take more notice than someone in the general public.

For instance: how come police cruisers don't have turn signals? I notice some of the GP doesn't use their signals and neither do some cops. (No reply needed, just an observation.)

Mikki, I will give you the answer from the law enforcement perspective. No, absolutely don't stop by yourself if you don't feel safe, you have no idea what you are about to get yourself into. That being said, I shook my head when I read your original post. You called a friend on that road, you called several "scanner friends" so I know you had a cell phone that was working. It seems you called everybody except the folks who could actually investigate and intervene if a problem actually existed.
Why would you not call the police FIRST!
One of two things are happening at that situation. First, the woman is in real trouble. Two, someone is acting stupid and their actions constitute a crime. Jumping in front of a moving car on a dark road claiming to be in trouble to scare or alarm the operator certainly constitutes at least a disorderly conduct arrest.
There is no need for you to be afraid to call the police, you are not bothering us. We want you to call in with suspicious activity. If we investigate and find nothing, theres no harm done. You also may be a witness to a crime not yet reported, discovered or released to the public. Not all crimes reported are dispatched over police radio's, especially those involving sex crimes. Even though some time has passed since this happened, I would still report the event to the county sheriff's office where it occured.
Mikki, I would be happy to answer any questions you have but, I will not engage in debate. This is a very anti-police site and I will not be drug into that nonsense.

:lmao:

The site isn't, but I'm sure a few people are. I don't know about any other forums, but I'd bet most have people who jump on cops, especially if they are trying to defend some questionable police action. Your advice is good and except for that last little sentence you shouldn't catch much flak.

So....CCRC1..hmmm.... Charles County Rent a Cop 1? :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I answered your question about why people in my profession perceive this site as anti police.

We have several cops who post on here fairly regularly and they will tell you that, yes, there are some malcontents who hate cops (and typically, authority of any kind). But those people are in the minority and not representative of the site as a whole. So I resent your accusation about MY site, because it is simply not true.

And, PSA to all members, just because someone *says* they're a cop doesn't mean they are one - this is the internet and they could be some crackhead surfing from the library for all we know. So do not start PMing some stranger on the internet for law enforcement advice just because they say they're a cop.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I think you have the right idea. Drive past, turn around and get your lights on her. Yell out the window that you are calling for help and not to approach the car. Keep watching all around the car as you are doing this and keep your distance from her, say about 30 yds. Call 911. If you see anything you don't like it's time to get out of there.

:diva:

Thanks! :flowers:

We have several cops who post on here fairly regularly and they will tell you that, yes, there are some malcontents who hate cops (and typically, authority of any kind). But those people are in the minority and not representative of the site as a whole. So I resent your accusation about MY site, because it is simply not true.

And, PSA to all members, just because someone *says* they're a cop doesn't mean they are one - this is the internet and they could be some crackhead surfing from the library for all we know. So do not start PMing some stranger on the internet for law enforcement advice just because they say they're a cop.

Yeah, some guy that claims to sell flowers told me my beautiful vincas were weeds.

:lmao:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!

:roflmao: