What's everyone doing Labor Day weekend?

TPD

the poor dad
I will be part of the riff raff at the Ale House on Friday AND Saturday nights knocking back some cold ones before trying my luck at the checkpoint Charleys!

TPD

the poor dad
Ah yes forgot to mention - SMS Queen of Hearts at the Brass Rail tonight if you are still looking for something to do - 4-7pm. Jackpot up to $6,000 I think. If you miss tonight, it is held every Friday night and the jackpot grows till someone finds the Queen of Hearts!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Working Saturday and Monday morning at Lowe's.
May go to Flat Broke, got memberships for the wife and me.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Weeellllll, on Wed we were literallly packed and ready to get up to drive to Florida at 0-dark thirty on Thurs morning to spend a 5 day holiday weekend with Foxhound's parents. They live in Ormond Beach, which borders Daytona. Of course, that Hurricane was brewing down there swirling near Puerto Rico in the days before that. His parents called him at work on Wed to say that they were pretty worried that they were going to need to leave, since it looked like the hurricane was (by then) predicted to hit FL. His parents can't be stuck down there, as they're in their 80's and his mom has some health issues. They were going to need to get outta town before the crazy exodus-heading north to stay with his sister.

We still wanted to take our mini vacay and not a staycation, so we needed to come up with some quick plans. We decided to try Va Beach, so we could get our ocean fix. We were SO lucky - we found a pretty good deal on at a nice hotel ON the boardwalk for all 5 nights! That's saying something since it's Labor Day weekend and the huge music festival
weekend down here on the boardwalk, too. Got a sweet view of the ocean right from the room. The weather is perfect here for the time being. It won't be nasty until after we're gone.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We're kicking off the weekend with steaks on the grill and this incredible corn on the cob that the Safeway gets. I don't know where it comes from but it's as good as Russell's farm market, and that's saying something.

Doubtful we'll go to the Canyon because it's surely going to be a mad house and we hate those. We'll probably go downtown, listen to the bands, drinks beers, etc.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Working today and off Sunday and Monday. Plans are to work on existing flower beds and install more native plants. I hauled a lot of very aged horse manure recently and may incorporate that into the soil of other beds.
Probably a fire in the fire pit in the PM with a couple glasses of wine. I so enjoy being outdoors :)