What's fun in North/Chesapeake Beach?

Dork

Highlander's MPD
For the record in case you can't read my name is emgem not Egmon!

Sorry for the name error. I have corrected it. BTW, you are not going to make many friends here with your attitude! Don't sweat the small stuff like grammatically errors. Have a nice day!

lovinmaryland

What constitutes a dump?

Last time I checked there was lots of fun things to do, but keeping in mind that's it Chesapeake BEACH, most of them are only available in the warm months.

Beaches
Boardwalks
BNBs
Bonfires and story telling
Live music
Comedy acts
Bayfest
Charter fishing
Fossil/shark's teeth hunting
Kayaking
Railway museum
Water park

...no I guess you're right, it is a dump, where do you live again?

F*CK YA I just realized that your name was CobraKai :lol:

Fear does not exist in this DOJO...:lmao:

lovinmaryland

Sorry for the name error. I have corrected it. BTW, you are not going to make many friends here with your attitude! Don't sweat the small stuff like grammatically errors. Have a nice day!

Egmon is not really to concerned with making friends :shrug:

Dork

Highlander's MPD
North beach and Chesapeake beach is a dump!

So, what are you comparing this to? You must live in a very nice exclusive upscale community or you haven't spend much time in the beach area lately. There are some run down houses back up in the communities that haven't been rehabbed yet. Summer City is not a very nice area to live in either but most of Chesapeake Beach is nice. Even our section 8 housing project is clean and produces very little crime. You can't say that about many places. It's not a perfect area but it's far from a dump.

DuffMan

So, what are you comparing this to? You must live in a very nice exclusive upscale community or you haven't spend much time in the beach area lately. There are some run down houses back up in the communities that haven't been rehabbed yet. Summer City is not a very nice area to live in either but most of Chesapeake Beach is nice. Even our section 8 housing project is clean and produces very little crime. You can't say that about many places. It's not a perfect area but it's far from a dump.

I'm comparing it to most of the other area's in Calvert County. I'm from the Lusby area and one weekend me and my girlfriend decided to go up that way one night for dinner and a few drinks (this was in the summer) and it just was not that good at all. Now I do understand that there are a few nice places up there but over all its nothing special!

emgem

I grew up about 10 minutes away from the Beach and yes the community I lived in was very nice. The point I'm trying to make is that there isn't much to do in the Beach during the winter time, as compared to all communities in southern MD. I wouldn't detour on my way to Baltimore just to go to the Beach, that's all.

CobraKai

SF. SH. NM.
I grew up about 10 minutes away from the Beach and yes the community I lived in was very nice. The point I'm trying to make is that there isn't much to do in the Beach during the winter time, as compared to all communities in southern MD. I wouldn't detour on my way to Baltimore just to go to the Beach, that's all.

I'm very sorry to see that you've stooped to correcting spelling and grammar in an online forum, I thought we were years passed that, apparently not all of us.

I wasn't replying to the original poster, hopefully you noticed that I quoted you in saying it was a dump. I listed SOME things to do which to me would describe the area as "not a dump." Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, I simply asked you to substantiate yours. All you've provided since is that "there isn't much to do in the winter time", I don't believe that constitutes an area as being a dump, to me a dump is Suitland, MD.

To "bohman" (original poster) - from a tourist standpoint, there are limited options that would please your guests during the winter and time of day, I hear Lusby is nice in comparison...

emgem

I'm very sorry to see that you've stooped to correcting spelling and grammar in an online forum, I thought we were years passed that, apparently not all of us.

I wasn't replying to the original poster, hopefully you noticed that I quoted you in saying it was a dump. I listed SOME things to do which to me would describe the area as "not a dump." Everyone is welcome to their own opinion, I simply asked you to substantiate yours. All you've provided since is that "there isn't much to do in the winter time", I don't believe that constitutes an area as being a dump, to me a dump is Suitland, MD.

To "bohman" (original poster) - from a tourist standpoint, there are limited options that would please your guests during the winter and time of day, I hear Lusby is nice in comparison...

Well compared to all other water oriented communities in Calvert County, I would say it's a dump. I've lived in southern MD for 26 years, and all they've done to jazz up the Beach is build some new houses/condos/apartments (which I will agree are nice), built the Chesapeake Beach Resort/Spa, re-did the boardwalk and opened up the Westlawan Inn. Other than that, the place is the same. Maybe Gerald Donovan is trying to attract a classier crowd, and get the Beach back to a family get-away town (like it was in the 1950's and 60's), but there is A LOT more remodeling to be done.

bohman

Well, despite the warnings, we took a chance and made a side trip to the Beach on Saturday. I'm a little crazy for trains, so I think I was hooked as soon as people started mentioning Tan's.

We had a great time. We weren't looking for a full-on tourist destination, just some new scenery on our way north. The brunch at Rod & Reel was excellent, and not even as expensive as I thought it would be. And the 2 kids (my daughter and me) loved the trains at Tan's. We spent 1/2 hour seeing everything, and when I asked if she was ready to leave, she started to cry. :lmao: So we did another lap and watched everything again.

Finished the morning by walking down the boardwalk, and found a nice little bakery to get some fresh cookies and tea.

Thanks for the input, everybody, even the nay-sayers. :yay:

Dork

Highlander's MPD
Well, despite the warnings, we took a chance and made a side trip to the Beach on Saturday. I'm a little crazy for trains, so I think I was hooked as soon as people started mentioning Tan's.

We had a great time. We weren't looking for a full-on tourist destination, just some new scenery on our way north. The brunch at Rod & Reel was excellent, and not even as expensive as I thought it would be. And the 2 kids (my daughter and me) loved the trains at Tan's. We spent 1/2 hour seeing everything, and when I asked if she was ready to leave, she started to cry. :lmao: So we did another lap and watched everything again.

Finished the morning by walking down the boardwalk, and found a nice little bakery to get some fresh cookies and tea.

See, it's not a dump after all. There's not much to do this time of year but you seem to have found a few little secret places we have up here. I personally don't like the Rotten Eel restaurant but to each his own. I'm glad you enjoyed it. There's a secret boardwalk in Chesapeake Beach (not North Beach) Did you know about that one? Don't tell EMGEM

I'm comparing it to most of the other area's in Calvert County. I'm from the Lusby area and one weekend me and my girlfriend decided to go up that way one night for dinner and a few drinks (this was in the summer) and it just was not that good at all. Now I do understand that there are a few nice places up there but over all its nothing special!
This from a gentleman from upscale Chesapeake Ranch Club!:whistle:

greyhound

Was it Sweet Sue's? They have great sandwiches too.

bohman

See, it's not a dump after all. There's not much to do this time of year but you seem to have found a few little secret places we have up here. I personally don't like the Rotten Eel restaurant but to each his own. I'm glad you enjoyed it. There's a secret boardwalk in Chesapeake Beach (not North Beach) Did you know about that one? Don't tell EMGEM

The restaurant wasn't the nicest place I've ever eaten, but it was good enough to justify at least some of it's reputation. The omelette they cooked for me rocked. Tell me more about this secret boardwalk.

Was it Sweet Sue's? They have great sandwiches too.

I can't remember the name now. Maybe terbear will remember. It's a 5 minute walk from Tan's.