What's keeping you from retiring?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
After 20 in the Navy and another 13 in Fed Gov I retired at the age of 51. Paid back for my Navy time and had it all added for a total of 33 years for Fed. I'm doing very well because of two things, I've been single for 15 years and I moved to Maine 5 years ago. Started collecting a little SS 5 years ago. Bought and moved into an old trailer on a son's 40 acre property so no house payment or rent, gave my car away and son gets me to where ever I need to go and DiL does my shopping for me. My style of living wouldn't fit many but for me it's utopia. I have a small boat and many lakes to fish and a 4-wheeler to get around the property on. And later this year I'll be able to open carry without a background check or paying any fee. I have two caged rats to keep me company as well as 2 pot belly pigs that expect me to feed them Cheerios and any leftovers on a daily basis. I miss my friends from down there but between email and Facebook we keep in touch. Oh, and I was never in a union.

:yay: Sounds perfect to me.

After spending some time working in Kittery over the last 4 years, I added that general area of ME/NH to my "maybe there" list of possible retirement locations.