What's the deal with this guy?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Car is parked at the vacant Suburban Gas next to St. John Vianney's He got a haircut and shaved too.

I noticed the haircut and shave too. Took me a minute to realize it was the same guy. Seeing the car just down the road confirmed it.

Catman2

Saw the car today at Suburban Propane.....looking good. Then saw Mr. Wonderful at the courthouse wrapped up in a NEW white sheet, not fitted.

Last edited:

officeguy

Just wanted to let everyone know that my husband knows someone who knows the man "Bill" He just passed away not sure the day. He was found behind the Radioshack in Prince Frederick and was taken to the hospital where he passed away a few days later :(

I was told tonight that our PF homeless guy was the victim of a pedestrian vs vehicle accident on the night of the bad storm - Dares Beach Rd and Dorsey Rd. I do know his full name but will leave it at Bill. From what I understand, he passed away from his injuries. Not sure if it is true or not but heard it from the medical profession...Anyone else hear this? His vehicle is still parked across from Granado's tire with one of the 2 walkers he owned next to it. No one has seen or heard from him.

i just heard that he passed away on July 3. His service will be July 11 at St. John Vianney.

We'll see.

frequentflier

happy to be living
With the link to the project echo website it sure seems to fit.

And god I hate BS obits. I dont think he was known to anyone for his wry humor. Nothing wrong with mentioning the challenges with mental health and homelessness he faced in the last 10 years.

Since I don't know the guy that died, I cannot comment on his personality. But I do agree about BS obits. Some people were just evil, mean a$$holes yet portrayed as loving and kind and how they loved spending time with family and friends. :blahblah::blahblah:

mdff21

A pastor in St. Mary's County had taken him in a couple of months ago. He was taken to the California Walmart by the pastor where he fell and hit his head. He was transported to a hospital in D.C. where he remained in a coma until his death on July 3rd.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I hadn't seen him nor his vehicle in some time, and was thinking he has moved to someplace where I didn't drive everyday.

He was a nuisance and a bit creepy sitting there staring all the time. Oh, well - RIP.

Roman

I hadn't seen him nor his vehicle in some time, and was thinking he has moved to someplace where I didn't drive everyday.

He was a nuisance and a bit creepy sitting there staring all the time. Oh, well - RIP.
I heard today that he died. From what I was told, the Sheriff's Department allowed him to keep his car in the parking lot there. I think he had been there for quite a while. R.I.P.

DannyMotorcycle

If your last few conscious moments in life are in a walmart, i think it's safe to conclude you're going to hell and the journey had already started.

robjoe

Wow their must be something mentally wrong, why would you choose to be homeless :shrug: I guess the same reason why people who can't afford kids have kids knowingly that welfare is going to take care of them. Plenty of free careers in the US. You can be all you want to be in America, I might want to be a bumb next year. Don't knock it till ya try it.
QUOTE]

There was a man I knew in Florida who would hang out in the bar my friends and I frequented. His name was John and he lived in a tent community in the woods. He would do odd jobs around the bar for drinks, and John had a job at a tye-died t-shirt factory. He chose this way of life. I asked him one night why. He explained to me that when he came back from Vietnam, he tried to live at home again and it just didn't work anymore. He said the only way he felt at peace was to live the life he was living. He said his family didn't understand it and he wished it were easier on them, but this is what he needed to do.

You rarely ever know someone's story or why they do what they do, but I don't think you should just judge the surface.

yeah totally agree is betty99, you could say lot of stuff but there are lot of things that you dont know about what the person went through in life.

frequentflier

happy to be living
He was featured on the front page of the Calvert Recorder today. His name was Billy Leon "Bill" Hall.
The article includes reference to *this* thread where "people would post genuine concern over his well being, mean spirited remarks about his appearance or attitude, or comments about interactions with him- good, bad or indifferent"
According to a lady that befriended him, he wasn't rich but had money in the bank. He loved to read newspapers and she bought them for him every time she saw him. He chose to live on the streets in 1999. He had lost his younger brother that he was close to and had no other family. He was not a veteran. He had dementia when he passed away. A very generous man paid for his funeral and di not want to be mentioned.