When someone tells you..

PJay

wxtornado said:
Fair enough - I was under the mistaken assumption that some here might like to discuss differing worldviews.

Share your view, seems very clear cut to me tho.

Honestly, I don't know how to talk to an Atheist. Help me out here, what do you want to discuss?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
wxtornado said:
Yes, you've already asserted this.

Actually, you have no choice. Your choice was pre-ordained. You are in a maze that you think is not a maze, but every "choice" you make is known. Your free will is purely an illusion, because God has already seen those choices made before you were even born, and you are powerless to make a "choice" that might prove God wrong.

It's really a very simple illustration, but generally speaking, because you think you are selecting "A" over "B", you have the illusion that you are making some free choice. Of course, selecting "B" has been a recorded fact by God infinitely in the past, and infinitely in the future, and you have zero power to change that. If you consider that "free will", well, okay.
You say you come to "discuss", but all you do is ridicule and tell believers how wrong they are. You preach atheism. That is not a religion. It is lack of religion. Why are you discussing atheism in the Religion forum? Rhetorical. Because you get off on ridiculing people and trying to make yourself look superior.

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
2ndAmendment said:
Because you get off on ridiculing people and trying to make yourself look superior.

Wow, some of the theists at this site are uber-defensive! I get off. I ridicule. I try to make myself look superior even! I've run into many theists who actually go back and forth with meaningful discourse. A simple "I don't know" would have sufficed tho.........sheesh.

Toxick

Splat
wxtornado said:
I've run into many theists who actually go back and forth with meaningful discourse.

I've run into many atheists who actually don't.

They're usually the ones who ask questions like: "How do you rectify free will with the concept of an omniscient god?", say things like: "Of course, the theists are immediately reduced to amusing verbal gymnastics when you confront them on such things, but in the end, it's all dreary and it's the same sing-song.", use a picture of Satan as their avatar, or have something blatantly disrespectful in their signatures.

At least you don't have a signature going.

At any rate, you'll just have to excuse me if I suspect you're here for something other than simple discourse and honest exchange of respectful ideas.

wxtornado said:
A simple "I don't know" would have sufficed tho.........sheesh.

Sure it would've.

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
Again, a simple "I don't know" would have sufficed. I'll stop there before I confuse you further.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
wxtornado said:
Wow, some of the theists at this site are uber-defensive! I get off. I ridicule. I try to make myself look superior even! I've run into many theists who actually go back and forth with meaningful discourse. A simple "I don't know" would have sufficed tho.........sheesh.
Hey, it is the way you come off. This is the Religion forum. Go to a anti-religion forum if you know of one. Your ideas will surely be more accepted.

I have found most of your "discourse" to have little meaning for me. Quite frankly, nothing you have to post about tearing down my faith or the faith of other Christians has any interest what so ever to me.

On the matter of God, an atheist and a Christian have no common ground on which to have discourse. Your mind is closed on the subject or you would be an agnostic. I am closed minded, too; I choose to have faith in God. On other subjects, maybe we could have meaningful discourse, but on God, no. So your posts serve only you in my opinion.

Last edited:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
wxtornado said:
Again, a simple "I don't know" would have sufficed. I'll stop there before I confuse you further.
Ah. Another, "it you, not me." Your "discourse" has all the originality of an old shoe.

I am happy in my "ignorance."

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
2ndAmendment said:
Hey, it is the way you come off. This is the Religion forum. Go to a anti-religion forum if you know of one. Your ideas will surely be more accepted.

You know, maybe you're right 2A. I'm kinda new here, so I just assumed that the "Religion" forum was a place where an atheist could speak his mind. I guess in the SOMD forums, the "Religion" section is just for the pro-God folks, and that's cool too. Love, peace, and hairgrease. :howdy:

wxtornado

The Other White Meat
Toxick said:
Do you have to denegrate others in order to promote your thoughts and ideas?

Go back through this thread; you took the confrontational tone with me first. If you'd like to demonstrate your assertions of your worldview, then bring it. Otherwise, move along there Bessie, you're blockin my view.

Oh, and thanks for the reddie - you should see my other reddies from the theists. I laughed. Evidently, I'm going to hell, or something.

Toxick

Splat
wxtornado said:
Go back through this thread; you took the confrontational tone with me first.

Beg to differ. Your confrontational tone begins long before I ever even talk to you.

wxtornado said:
Oh, and thanks for the reddie - you should see my other reddies from the theists. I laughed. Evidently, I'm going to hell, or something.

You're welcome.

I don't care where you spend your afterlife. I'm not one of the people sticking my finger in other peoples' faces telling them they're wrong and they're going to hell or that they believe in fairy tales. I'm usually a live and let live kinda guy.

However, since there seems to be some confusion on your part, allow me make this very clear for you.

I do not give red to people for disagreeing with me. And my red was not coming from a religious standpoint, or because I'm offended by your position, and it's certainly not because I have a problem with atheists.

My red to you was because you're an insulting, arrogant asshat.

I hope that clears things up for you.

PJay

Beside 2A making a funny, what is even funnier is imagining God and the devil doing this.